Hilton Rose Hall All Inclusive

maryanne356

Has anyone done this all inclusive excursion. Was all the food and drinks available the entire time there or just once at lunch? Also how many slides are there? Debating if this excursion is worth $140 per person? Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary Anne

I haven't done this excursion, but am booked in May through Resort for a day dot com. $120 pp. They pick you up at the port 45 minutes after the ship arrives. My question - What time is the return? I can't find it on the website or on my confirmation. We are on the Oasis, in port from 10:30 AM to 7 PM.

To answer your questions, Read this excellent review by Mitsugirly. That should help you out a lot!

I haven't done this excursion, but am booked in May through Resort for a day dot com. $120 pp. They pick you up at the port 45 minutes after the ship arrives. My question - What time is the return? I can't find it on the website or on my confirmation. We are on the Oasis, in port from 10:30 AM to 7 PM.

To answer your questions, Read this excellent review by Mitsugirly. That should help you out a lot!

We used resort for a day dot com in Jamaica (although not Hilton Rose) and they were great. Got us back to the ship two hours before the official departure time. I thought they were highly professional and customer service driven! We had a very good experience and would not hesitate to use them again!

We are doing the Hilton with resorts for a day on the Navigator in May. We are scheduled to leave there at 3 pm for a 5 pm sail. So I would assume 2 hours before sail time is correct.

Thank you. Where did you see what time you are scheduled to leave?

we did the Hilton rose hall through resorts for a day last April. my wife and I cruise a lot and have pretty much seen everything Jamaica has to offer. it has become a stay on the boat port for us. it happened to be my wife's birthday so we spent the money for the day at the Hilton. the resort is a sprawling and beautiful place. the food and drinks were good. not great but not bad either. the transportation was a nice motor coach. the downside is that we didn't spend more than 5 hours at the resort. at over $40 an hour for the time spent there it was too pricy for us. we had a great day and since it was a special occasion the cost wasn't really a factor but I wouldn't do it again just to have something to to.

just our experience. as always ymmv.

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted the resort today and was offered a price of $85 pp for all inclusive. Funny how the rates are so different .

We are still trying to decide between Rose Hall and Sunset Beach resort.

Ugh. I can't decide.

We have went here and also booked using Resort For A Day (have used them in both Ocho Rios and Montego Bay).

I have a full review with TONS AND TONS of pictures within it, listed in my signature line if you are interested. It's a very nice place. Drinks all day long. :)

We have went here and also booked using Resort For A Day (have used them in both Ocho Rios and Montego Bay).

I have a full review with TONS AND TONS of pictures within it, listed in my signature line if you are interested. It's a very nice place. Drinks all day long. :)

THANK YOU for replying. I loved all your pictures and the review of the resort.

I have a question, how long do you have at the resort before the bus takes you back to the cruise pier?

Is the food allowed in the form of a buffet or sit down and order off the menu?

THANK YOU for replying. I loved all your pictures and the review of the resort.

I have a question' date=' how long do you have at the resort before the bus takes you back to the cruise pier?

Is the food allowed in the form of a buffet or sit down and order off the menu?[/quote']

Honestly, I would have to go back and see if I posted it in the review because I can't really remember at this point. I do know it seemed like we had plenty of time there. Everyone on the bus decided as a group what the best time to go back would be and that's when the driver showed up. We all calculated when the time was they wanted us back on the ship, a little extra for shopping and the factored in the drive and agreed on a time. :)

The food you could order from any of the places off the menu. I don't recall if they had a buffet or not but we preferred to just order there at the place down by the pool/beach area. It was pretty yummy. :)

I looked on Hilton's website, and you can book a room for 4 people...for $409...all inclusive. Considering a taxi to the resort & back. The one day option is from 10-6:00 pm. It might be nice to have a room to store all our things & to take a shower in a full sized shower. Trying to decide if this would be worth it or not. At $102 per person (not including transportation) it's not a bad value.

The only thing holding me back from booking Rose Hall is the beach doesn't look very nice. The water at Doctors Cave Beach is clear blue and the pics

I've seen posted of the Rose Hall beach, the water looks murky??

The beach is a big deal for us.

Can anyone answer regarding the beach?

Thank you!

The only thing holding me back from booking Rose Hall is the beach doesn't look very nice. The water at Doctors Cave Beach is clear blue and the pics

I've seen posted of the Rose Hall beach' date=' the water looks murky??

The beach is a big deal for us.

Can anyone answer regarding the beach?

Thank you![/quote']

In all honestly, if you are going for the beach mainly, I wouldn't pick this place then. I don't know if it's always like this, but the day we were there the waves were high, which made the water murky looking instead of the crystal clear blue calm water. It's mainly a place for the pools, water park slides and the grounds instead of the beach. We didn't care for the beach at all.

Another plus to Doctors Cave would be you would save a substantial amount as well. :)

In all honestly, if you are going for the beach mainly, I wouldn't pick this place then. I don't know if it's always like this, but the day we were there the waves were high, which made the water murky looking instead of the crystal clear blue calm water. It's mainly a place for the pools, water park slides and the grounds instead of the beach. We didn't care for the beach at all.

Another plus to Doctors Cave would be you would save a substantial amount as well. :)

Ugh! That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for the truthful answer.

We have gone to Doctor's Cave Beach in the past (so many pesky vendors)

and wanted to try something new.

I would like to go to one of the Secrets resorts, but can't get a reply from them.