New San Francisco Cruise Terminal--Nice!

cma2008

Since we both had yesterday off from work, my boyfriend and I decided to head to the city for lunch. While driving around, we passed by the new terminal (Pier 27) in SF. It is very impressive! Nice grass lawn outside and easy 1/2 circle drop-off. We didn't get a chance to go inside and there was no ship in town yesterday. But it is easy to find (right off Embarcadero with easy signs) and I saw the site "55 Parking Lot" across the street. As far as hotels, I would say the nearest ones would be Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, Radisson Hotel, and Hyatt Regency Embarcadero. Although I couldn't see walking from any hotel to the pier with luggage--it's too easy to jump in a taxi. Also, there are many restaurants in FW or it's easy enough to catch a cab to any other part of the city. Hope this helps!

We docked in San Francisco for the day. Didn't see any taxis at the pier but there was a free shuttle to Fisherman's Wharf. It stopped next to the taxi rank.

Edited by SadieN

• 1 month later...

What I am remembering about the terminal is all the glass in the building. You could look out and see so many things. The personnel there were very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have read previous posts about difficulty in getting taxis upon disembarkation in San Francisco making it difficult to get to SFO for late morning flights. Has this improved with the new terminal?

Do any veteran San Francisco cruisers have advice on timing of flights home?

Thanks in advance,

Just got off the Star Princess(3/21-4/5) RT Hawaiian out of SF and used Pier 27. All well now. Any questions, just let me know. Nice area and better flow for bus, cab, and car traffic.

Pooh

We are flying into SFO on a Friday night in April. Thinking of spending one night at a hotel, them going to the Grand Princess for our Hawaii cruise the following day. After the cruise we plan to fly home that same day.

Looking for recommendations for transportation SFO to hotel to ship then ship to SFO. Plus hotel recommendations....I am cheap....something around $150 if possible!

Doug

We are flying into SFO on a Friday night in April. Thinking of spending one night at a hotel, them going to the Grand Princess for our Hawaii cruise the following day. After the cruise we plan to fly home that same day.

Looking for recommendations for transportation SFO to hotel to ship then ship to SFO. Plus hotel recommendations....I am cheap....something around $150 if possible!

Doug

Try here for hotels: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2210314

Thanks. Been looking at that one.........................apparently none of the hotels in the Fisherman's Wharf or Marina area have shuttles to either the airport or the pier. Looks like Shuttle/BART/cab from the airport to the hotel is going to be the best bet....I am unfamiliar with "uber" cab and will have to check that out also. We are in our mid-60s and don't want to lug around our 4 suitcases any more than we have to! :o