Aqua Duck Weight Limit

Madio

Our 9 yr. old granddaughter is very excited about riding the Aqua Duck, but she says she would like Grandpa to ride it with her the first time. He is 6'2", 220 lbs. What is the rule for weight limit. She is big enough at 52" tall. Thanks!

I rode alone at 6'0 200 so I doubt that will be an issue. Whether they can ride together will depend a lot on her size, basically can they fit safely in the raft together.

The height limit for solo riders may be 54" tho.

Our 9 yr. old granddaughter is very excited about riding the Aqua Duck, but she says she would like Grandpa to ride it with her the first time. He is 6'2", 220 lbs. What is the rule for weight limit. She is big enough at 52" tall. Thanks!

I rode alone at 6'0 200 so I doubt that will be an issue. Whether they can ride together will depend a lot on her size, basically can they fit safely in the raft together.

The height limit for solo riders may be 54" tho.

Yes, for solo riders it is 54". But to ride double, the minimum height is 42".

Yes, for solo riders it is 54". But to ride double, the minimum height is 42".

Just to let everyone know, when we went on the Aquaduck on the Dream, they were not allowing single riders on the ride. We were waiting behind a woman and two people. The two people went down and the Aquaguy said that she couldn't go down without another rider. So she went back down the stairs.

Just FYI

Just to let everyone know, when we went on the Aquaduck on the Dream, they were not allowing single riders on the ride. We were waiting behind a woman and two people. The two people went down and the Aquaguy said that she couldn't go down without another rider. So she went back down the stairs.

Just FYI

Yes, that happens when it's windy. Don't know why wind effects the ride, but it seems it does. I think they also need to have a certain weight in the boat to make the ride move along best.

I don't know why she just didn't wait for another single rider. The boats have separate sections for each rider. It's not like you're sitting in each other's lap or anything.

Edited by Shmoo here

Yes, that happens when it's windy. Don't know why wind effects the ride, but it seems it does. I think they also need to have a certain weight in the boat to make the ride move along best.

I don't know why she just didn't wait for another single rider. The boats have separate sections for each rider. It's not like you're sitting in each other's lap or anything.

That makes sense. It was that week in February that was freezing cold in Florida and really really windy. We were able to dock at CC but the boat before us was not.

That makes sense. It was that week in February that was freezing cold in Florida and really really windy. We were able to dock at CC but the boat before us was not.

It is not at all uncommon for the boats to be unable to get in while the ships can. That leads to the excursions being canceled as the operators are unable to reach the island.

I wonder if the ship pitching bow to stern is a reason that single riders are stopped who might not have enough weight in the raft to push them up the slight ramps when the bow is pitching down? There are is an uncovered section of the AD, but....

Blaming the wind is a lot easier than trying to explain ship dynamics to some Guests! lol!

ex techie

It was explained to us by staff that it is wind speed and direction that causes a problem with the open areas--can cause rafts to flip. This is why it is closed at times (on our sailing it didn't open at all on the 1st sea day and finally opened late afternoon of the 2nd sea day). When it opened it was double riders only the rest of the day.

have enough weight in the raft to push them up the slight ramps when the bow is pitching down?

In my post above I should have said pitching up not down :(

I wonder since the Dream was launched over a year before the Fantasy was delivered why they didn't enclose more of those spaces if raft's were flipping due to the wind?

The Dreams dry dock should answer if the wind is truly the issue!

ex techie

(Just to clarify, this was NOT me - though I was on that Fantasy cruise. I rode it all of twice solo - once during the day and once at night - and that was fine. It's fun, but a couple of times is enough.)

Different people have different levels of comfort with sharing space like that. Yes, your bottoms are in different areas, but they way they have you sit, it could well be awkward for strangers.

Plus there's no guarantee there WERE any single riders in line.

On our 2013 Fantasy sailing it was "No single Riders" almost the entire cruise. It didn't seem particularly windy until you started to climb the stairs. There was a sign before you go to the stairs that said "due to high winds, double riders only". there was also a cast member standing there telling people over and over.

We didn't see a weight limit on the aquaduck. We sometimes would see a person stuck in the tube, and it was usually some skinny adult riding solo. I rode the aquaduck with my kids, and with my husband. Riding in the heavier raft (two adults) was so much more fun. The weight helped make the dips more extreme and the corners faster. Love the aquaduck! :D

I'm 6' and let's just say that I weigh "somewhat more" than your husband. He has absolutely nothing to worry about. The only issue he may have as a larger/older individual, is getting up and down from the raft if he has joint problems with his knees or hips - it can be done - it may not be graceful, but it can be done.