A Tropical BREEZE to Clear My Head - Photo-Heavy Review.

seannyice81

Thanks! I hope you feel better and improve as well.

As far as adding somebody short-term to a booking. The story is that when somebody is added within 24 hours of embarkation, special clearance must be given at Carnival. Once they ok it, a hold is put on the guest's account at port when trying to check in. The last minute guest has to be taken back through security to be gone over with a wand. Afterwards, the check-in manager then has to remove the hold. After that, it's business as usual.

I suppose they consider these guests suspicious.

Thanks Sean....reading the next one before next "to do" thing....it is just great having these installments to look forward to here...quite fabulous..how did we love before these little computer joys???

Thanks! I hope you feel better and improve as well.

As far as adding somebody short-term to a booking. The story is that when somebody is added within 24 hours of embarkation, special clearance must be given at Carnival. Once they ok it, a hold is put on the guest's account at port when trying to check in. The last minute guest has to be taken back through security to be gone over with a wand. Afterwards, the check-in manager then has to remove the hold. After that, it's business as usual.

I suppose they consider these guests suspicious.

So sorry to post another one...can't help it...AWESOME..just what I dream about..my kind of day on a cruise...nice gift for your friend..awesome port.

Great review, we go this route next april. The last time we were in Curacao we entered in a inlet type water and had the colorful buildings on both sides, do the ships not dock in there any longer.

Thanks for sharing, the pictures are beautiful. We are doing this trip in October, Aruba and Curacao days have been swapped, we are in Aruba from 1-1030 and Curacao from 8-4

Thank you. Staying into the night in Aruba would be great as well I imagine. Have a good cruise.

Wow!! Awesome review. I am so happy to have the information and I really enjoy your writing style. We're doing the same itinerary in November.

Thank you. You will have a great time and I hope you make Grand Turk.

Thanks Sean....reading the next one before next "to do" thing....it is just great having these installments to look forward to here...quite fabulous..how did we love before these little computer joys??

So sorry to post another one...can't help it...AWESOME..just what I dream about..my kind of day on a cruise...nice gift for your friend..awesome port.

Outlets like this certainly bring a great experience to many. Had it not been for sites like this and others, I may not have had the joy of seeing as much of the Caribbean as I have.

Thanks!

Great review, we go this route next april. The last time we were in Curacao we entered in a inlet type water and had the colorful buildings on both sides, do the ships not dock in there any longer.

Thank you.

Pullmantur's Monarch (Formerly RCI's Monarch of the Seas) was there in the inlet. However it is a smaller cruise ship. I believe there is a size restriction put in place for ships entering the inlet. There are more "fragile" areas there such as the floating bridge and smaller piers that could be more easily damaged by larger ships that are susceptible to Curacao's often breezy days. Also, large tankers access the inner harbor via the inlet and channel. If a larger cruise ship is there, passage may more narrow than ideal. I wouldn't rule out Breeze docking in the inlet, but it would have to be very special circumstances.

There are signs talking of expanding the outer pier, but supposedly they have stalled. It's rumored that instead another pier will be built a little further North.

Have a good cruise.

Edited by seannyice81

I so wanted to find the I "heart" Aruba signs... but our excursion was early. Then hubby kept me at the shops looking for the "perfect" shirt LOL. Guess I'll just have to plan another one to find them all and take pics lol.

Just read on one of my travel sites that the Riu is one of the best all inclusive in Aruba, so ya picked a good one, even if it was just for a short time.

Oh and Ya we were stuck in that long line to get back on board... we were able to pass the time by finishing off beers LOL.

Glad you enjoyed Aruba and let go of the sad situation...hard to do sometimes but..gotta say a good thought and move on...fabulous shots and I want to watch movies and concerts outside too...a silly fun to me thing I have not done yet...

I don't know if I can wait until Fall...sort of a target time...not sure at all reading these great stories...Sarah

I so wanted to find the I "heart" Aruba signs... but our excursion was early. Then hubby kept me at the shops looking for the "perfect" shirt LOL. Guess I'll just have to plan another one to find them all and take pics lol.

Just read on one of my travel sites that the Riu is one of the best all inclusive in Aruba, so ya picked a good one, even if it was just for a short time.

Oh and Ya we were stuck in that long line to get back on board... we were able to pass the time by finishing off beers LOL.

The RIU was great. If I was going to stay at an AI in Aruba I'd probably go with it. The only thing I'd like more would be better shade around the pool(s) which the Radisson has.

Thats the best way to wait near the gangway!

Glad you enjoyed Aruba and let go of the sad situation...hard to do sometimes but..gotta say a good thought and move on...fabulous shots and I want to watch movies and concerts outside too...a silly fun to me thing I have not done yet...

I don't know if I can wait until Fall...sort of a target time...not sure at all reading these great stories...Sarah

After being off the ship now for a few weeks, I just want to go back again. I know told myself to chill but it sure is tempting with Pride only an hour away.

I always enjoy your reviews! I'm sailing on the Breeze in December, can't wait! I just noticed your location and you mentioned taking the Metro to the airport. I grew up in NoVA...mainly Lorton and went to school at Hayfield. Are you familiar with that area? :)

I always enjoy your reviews! I'm sailing on the Breeze in December, can't wait! I just noticed your location and you mentioned taking the Metro to the airport. I grew up in NoVA...mainly Lorton and went to school at Hayfield. Are you familiar with that area? :)

Small world! I graduated from Hayfield in 2000 and lived in Lorton at the time (near Silverbrook and Hooes). I'm not too far now, in Springfield.

Thanks for enjoying my reviews. Wish I was still on Breeze.

Edited by seannyice81

After being off the ship now for a few weeks, I just want to go back again. I know told myself to chill but it sure is tempting with Pride only an hour away.

If I lived close to a port...afraid at this point it would all be very tempting...you have winter I think and east coast had it bad this year...here..we really had an easier snow year (for here that is..we did have BIG SNOW lousy fall and snowy Christmas down low in valley)... but we had a snowstorm a couple of days ago...just erratic here and if not super bad and only 3 to 4 months of real yard and lawn..or hay growing season...I miss eternal green in Oregon...or the warm dessert area there. I now can assure you having a real Spring helps....but still not a ship. I may land in warmer than even Oregon for the last 25 or so...not sure....

If you can and you are not throwing caution to the wind completely..take a few more sorting it out trips for this time in your life...I am soon at that juncture when a few more think away trips are going to help and not be running away....big difference...salt air I bet helped the darn sinus stuff. My dad was ROTC for college but had a deviated septum and could not do certain stuff in reserves.

Yeah I have only watched movies inside...twice on a ship..once in a real movie theater on Costa Riviera when around your age...in really pretty rough waters...the rock of the seat..LOL..so fun...but outside now is what I want to do, outside on the water with the big screen and a blanket and stars in the eve......and this can be done on the Pride now I think...ooh..tough...LOL..sarah

Edited by sjn911

Small world! I graduated from Hayfield in 2000 and lived in Lorton at the time (near Silverbrook and Hooes). I'm not too far now, in Springfield.

Thanks for enjoying my reviews. Wish I was still on Breeze.

Wow!! It really is a small world. I graduated in 1997, but my sister Kelly was in your class. She left during senior year though to finish up at Bryant. And my youngest sister was class of 2002.

So, Sean- which did you like better? Aruba or Curacao? I'm Shawn, too.

Be VERY careful what you answer here, Sean.....:D

What's up Shawn!

Haha... no need to be careful. Overall, I liked Curacao better than Aruba. Granted though, I didn't do that much in Aruba. However all the character and wonderful views at Curacao are tough to beat!

How was the quality of the video that you got from the camera you rented? Can you get still photos off from it also? Sound? And you rented it from the excursions desk? Your review has been great so far. Thank you [emoji3]

Video quality was very good. Not quite GoPro, but very good. Sound was very good as well. To be honest I'm not sure about still photos but it might be capable. I rented it specifically for video. There was no manual provided. I did indeed rent it from Shore Excursions (after being redirected from Pixels).

It was similar to this model if not the same, so it might be capable of stills. I'll have my video done later this week.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1015369-REG/ion_air_pro_1022_ion_air_pro_3.html

Wow!! It really is a small world. I graduated in 1997, but my sister Kelly was in your class. She left during senior year though to finish up at Bryant. And my youngest sister was class of 2002.

I knew a couple Kellys but maaaaaan, it was while ago, haha. My younger brother was class of 2003.

I was on another cruise where this one couple knew an ex girlfriend of mine from a loooooong time ago. I had met them briefly when we had been dating. It was an awkward yet hilarious trip down memory lane!

Edited by seannyice81

We probably passed eachother at the BBQ, I contimplated waiting in line for it... but figured nah I had no patience. So hubby and I split a burger and tacos LOL. Everytime I went by the hot dog stand it was closed

Did not know you could take your camera down the slides. Last cruise they made the kids take the rivits out of their trunks so I didnt even take anything with us... including flip flops. OMG that deck was hot. Maybe putting white non slip tape down would be better LOL.

Did not know you could take your camera down the slides. Last cruise they made the kids take the rivits out of their trunks so I didnt even take anything with us... including flip flops. OMG that deck was hot. Maybe putting white non slip tape down would be better LOL.

The cruise after ours was the anniversary of Groove for St. Jude. There's a video on Matt Mitcham's FB where everyone was going down the slides to raise money and in some cases some were even wearing their shoes, haha.

Any time I set a bare foot on the decks, I remembered how all the older ships had wooden ones. I thought to myself how it would have been better if Breeze did too, because you could have cooked food on the actual deck that day.

Edited by seannyice81