A Tropical BREEZE to Clear My Head - Photo-Heavy Review.

seannyice81

Wow...your blogs are the best reviews I have ever read! It was like I was there experiencing it all with you. Thanks for the time and effort. I am sailing on the Breeze in October and I am beyond excited.

Thanks!

Have a great cruise!

I finally got a chance to finish the last two parts of your review. We were supposed to be in Richmond today for the NASCAR race, but it's raining down there and the group we were going with decided to "bag it", just in case of postponement of the race. We'd hate to drive down there (remember, I'm in NOVA too), have the race postponed until tomorrow and have to turn around and drive back, so I'm catching up on CC reviews today. Back to your review...OMG, getting pulled aside by customs must have been scary!!! I can't believe it and also can't believe how the people were so blatant about their "smoking". You mentioned others getting pulled aside as well. Where they flagging the S&S cards of everyone in cabins in that area? I can't believe they got it onto the ship in the first place, but I guess if they are desperate enough they find a way. We actually noticed that "smell" on our Liberty cruise last April while out on the Lido deck by the pool. We had no idea where it was coming from but the smell is pretty distinct. I didn't notice anyone getting pulled aside when we disembarked in Miami though. Just not smart.

I enjoyed this review as much as I've enjoyed your others. The pictures you get are always beautiful and I enjoy seeing them. We saw Breeze last year in Miami on our last morning and would definitely like to try her sometime. I'd also love to do the itinerary out of San Juan again and am also interested in some of the Journeys cruises, there are one or two that go to Dominica and Martinique, both islands I'd love to see again. We stopped at both on our first cruise in 1992, a southern itinerary out of San Juan very similar to the current one, except it went to Dominica and Martinique instead of St. Lucia and St. Kitts, with the other islands being the same. With DH's job, that might be kind of difficult since it would be hard for him to get more than five business days in a row off.

I hope your sinus issues are clearing up. I get it too, but not as bad as you experience, fortunately. Just the pressure and headaches for me then they clear up on their own. It's usually when the weather changes drastically or if I'm around very strong odors, like "Pepe le Pew" (skunk) who moved into our neighborhood due to the surrounding housing development and after it sprayed the dogs across the street - it was BAD. Thank you for taking the time to do another review. I always enjoy them and look forward to the next time you cruise for another review.

Edited by pghsteelerfan
typo

So grateful for extras and healing and good thoughts until we meet here again..thanks soooo much for sharing all your talent and trip and warnings..I just can't get over that last neighbor smoking pot deal, not ok on the ships or while driving around many western states now......Sarah

Edited by sjn911

I finally got a chance to finish the last two parts of your review. We were supposed to be in Richmond today for the NASCAR race, but it's raining down there and the group we were going with decided to "bag it", just in case of postponement of the race. We'd hate to drive down there (remember, I'm in NOVA too), have the race postponed until tomorrow and have to turn around and drive back, so I'm catching up on CC reviews today. Back to your review...OMG, getting pulled aside by customs must have been scary!!! I can't believe it and also can't believe how the people were so blatant about their "smoking". You mentioned others getting pulled aside as well. Where they flagging the S&S cards of everyone in cabins in that area? I can't believe they got it onto the ship in the first place, but I guess if they are desperate enough they find a way. We actually noticed that "smell" on our Liberty cruise last April while out on the Lido deck by the pool. We had no idea where it was coming from but the smell is pretty distinct. I didn't notice anyone getting pulled aside when we disembarked in Miami though. Just not smart.

I enjoyed this review as much as I've enjoyed your others. The pictures you get are always beautiful and I enjoy seeing them. We saw Breeze last year in Miami on our last morning and would definitely like to try her sometime. I'd also love to do the itinerary out of San Juan again and am also interested in some of the Journeys cruises, there are one or two that go to Dominica and Martinique, both islands I'd love to see again. We stopped at both on our first cruise in 1992, a southern itinerary out of San Juan very similar to the current one, except it went to Dominica and Martinique instead of St. Lucia and St. Kitts, with the other islands being the same. With DH's job, that might be kind of difficult since it would be hard for him to get more than five business days in a row off.

I hope your sinus issues are clearing up. I get it too, but not as bad as you experience, fortunately. Just the pressure and headaches for me then they clear up on their own. It's usually when the weather changes drastically or if I'm around very strong odors, like "Pepe le Pew" (skunk) who moved into our neighborhood due to the surrounding housing development and after it sprayed the dogs across the street - it was BAD. Thank you for taking the time to do another review. I always enjoy them and look forward to the next time you cruise for another review.

Thanks!

When I was first pulled aside while still on the ship, I saw the list that the security officer had. It included 8-10 names. Also, one of his coworkers stated that there would likely be more who weren't on the list, probably referring to people in my situation. I thought about it a couple days after getting back. I guess it's all around easier for Carnival not to do something about it until the end of the cruise. One, they can put it off. Two, they will collect more money spent on board by the guest(s). Three, it is easier on the guest to be criminally debarked at a "native" port. Four, Miami just has better customs staff to deal with it. It just sucks for the rest who get caught up in it.

On all the prior cruises (besides Liberty) out of Miami, I had seen Breeze there as well. There was all this hype about Breeze and after having cruised on it, the ship lived up to it all. I don't like to repeat ships, but I would definitely repeat this one.

As far as those ports, that's a tough one! Carnival will opt for Dominica if there are issues reaching St. Kitts, but that's really it. A very slim and narrow chance. You might want to look into Splendor when it sails the same repo itinerary this year that I enjoyed last year. Only thing is you would have to fly in that Saturday (day of embarkation) to avoid taking any extra days off. If you're good switching cruise lines, Celebrity occasionally has sales and visits both those ports in the same itinerary every other week.

You might want to consider seeing a doctor about having a balloon sinusplasty done. A month in, and during allergy season, I feel great. I can breathe well, and so far no sinus issues!

• 3 weeks later...