A Tropical BREEZE to Clear My Head - Photo-Heavy Review.

seannyice81

Enjoying your TR as it's one of the cruises I am considering for Aug 2016. Curious, what did your cruise mate (Andrew?) do on those first 2 sea days? Also, the Red Frog pub food, is that free? Thanks for sharing!!

Edited by laumicmah

Thanks!

The Dominican Republic will be posted later this evening.

Enjoying your TR as it's one of the cruises I am considering for Aug 2016. Curious, what did your cruise mate (Andrew?) do on those first 2 sea days? Also, the Red Frog pub food, is that free? Thanks for sharing!!

Honestly, I'm not totally sure what he did on the sea days. I know he would hang out on lido a good bit. We bumped into each other on occasion and would sit at the same table for dinner in the MDR. Every once in a while we'd tag one another over the wi-fi.

The red frog pub food is additional fee, $5-10. On sea days, the food is served starting at lunch, and on port days, they started serving at 4.

Thanks!

The Dominican Republic will be posted later this evening.

Honestly, I'm not totally sure what he did on the sea days. I know he would hang out on lido a good bit. We bumped into each other on occasion and would sit at the same table for dinner in the MDR. Every once in a while we'd tag one another over the wi-fi.

The red frog pub food is additional fee, $5-10. On sea days, the food is served starting at lunch, and on port days, they started serving at 4.

Looking forward to reading more of your review, we are doing this itinerary in June and I am going to be crossing fingers and toes that we make Grand Turk :) since we have never been. But I didn't book anything there just in case.

Looking forward to reading more of your review, we are doing this itinerary in June and I am going to be crossing fingers and toes that we make Grand Turk :) since we have never been. But I didn't book anything there just in case.

3 out of 4 times for me isn't too bad. I hope you do make it, but it is also an island where it's nice not to make plans.:cool:

I honestly don't hear of them missing Grand Turk...

My boss was on this cruise, and he messaged me, really PISSED off......:eek:

Safety first, but, I have to say, I too would be upset if we missed Jack's Shack.:D:D

I went to Q & A with Matt, and someone asked about this and he stated the reason the luggage came off the ship in Miami was someone wasnt allowed on due to a medical condition not cleared prior to boarding.

Meant to rent a go pro before we left, but forgot, Didnt even realize you could rent something like that on ship... good to know for next time!

I am on the Dominica last post....had to come back and leave my thanks for your great pictures, and honest open style. Cool you could have a friend and roomie but seriously still have your own space.

I am 55 and had my car accident at 32 that changed my life with pain issues and some health things for the journey...understand anxiety etc. and any ways of getting it under control....cognitive/behavioral is the best and kind of self talk while doing method for me when it happens...so cool that in your time people talk about it and it is ok to...looking forward to reading along on that as well as the trip and photos and adventure of arm travel thanks to folks like you and CC.

Sorry you have had some health stuff..good on you for keeping on keeping on and sharing the journey. Really cool you can rent a fancier camera..that is neat I think.

You may have tips on getting the reservation switched to two...will re-read your intro and understand the delay for new passenger clearance at check in...if one does it a week before can all that be done? I think the best way to do one with my dad is to be booked...ask him a couple of weeks before and c'est la vie...he will not pre-plan with the whole group now here for much..and yet I am petty sure he would really appreciate a short one with me..now that he is 80 and time is moving on and mom is gone and he is better and better..little by little..LOL...take care and thanks so much for this...very cool method of sharing....God or Great Spirit..or whatever....bless you and yours...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

I honestly don't hear of them missing Grand Turk...

My boss was on this cruise, and he messaged me, really PISSED off......:eek:

Safety first, but, I have to say, I too would be upset if we missed Jack's Shack.:D:D

I was a little disappointed because I'd have preferred to step off the ship for a bit (I don't know how people can do ocean crossings). Missing Jack's stinks, but even if we made it, we would've needed to be all-aboard by 1:30.

Great report and thanks for sharing your story.

Thanks

I went to Q & A with Matt, and someone asked about this and he stated the reason the luggage came off the ship in Miami was someone wasnt allowed on due to a medical condition not cleared prior to boarding.

Meant to rent a go pro before we left, but forgot, Didnt even realize you could rent something like that on ship... good to know for next time!

So that's what it was. I wonder what medical condition it was. Perhaps there was a guest that was too far into their pregnancy.

I caught the very end of the Q&A. I really wanted to ask him about the most annoying guest he's had but they were already going over the time limit.

Great review so far!!

Thanks

Edited by seannyice81

I am on the Dominica last post....had to come back and leave my thanks for your great pictures, and honest open style. Cool you could have a friend and roomie but seriously still have your own space.

I am 55 and had my car accident at 32 that changed my life with pain issues and some health things for the journey...understand anxiety etc. and any ways of getting it under control....cognitive/behavioral is the best and kind of self talk while doing method for me when it happens...so cool that in your time people talk about it and it is ok to...looking forward to reading along on that as well as the trip and photos and adventure of arm travel thanks to folks like you and CC.

Sorry you have had some health stuff..good on you for keeping on keeping on and sharing the journey. Really cool you can rent a fancier camera..that is neat I think.

You may have tips on getting the reservation switched to two...will re-read your intro and understand the delay for new passenger clearance at check in...if one does it a week before can all that be done? I think the best way to do one with my dad is to be booked...ask him a couple of weeks before and c'est la vie...he will not pre-plan with the whole group now here for much..and yet I am petty sure he would really appreciate a short one with me..now that he is 80 and time is moving on and mom is gone and he is better and better..little by little..LOL...take care and thanks so much for this...very cool method of sharing....God or Great Spirit..or whatever....bless you and yours...Sarah

Thanks! I hope you feel better and improve as well.

As far as adding somebody short-term to a booking. The story is that when somebody is added within 24 hours of embarkation, special clearance must be given at Carnival. Once they ok it, a hold is put on the guest's account at port when trying to check in. The last minute guest has to be taken back through security to be gone over with a wand. Afterwards, the check-in manager then has to remove the hold. After that, it's business as usual.

I suppose they consider these guests suspicious.

Here is the description of my issues prior to the cruise.

http://seanstravelblog.com/2015/04/07/a-tropical-breeze-to-clear-my-head/

Here is a synopsis of the first day of my vacation in which I flew down to Ft. Lauderdale.

http://seanstravelblog.com/2015/04/08/a-tropical-breeze-to-clear-my-mind-pre-cruise/

Enjoy!

Had exact same issue with the shower at that Hilton! :mad:

Oh wow, I've enjoyed all of your review so far but the pictures of Curacao are amazing! It's not a place I would have thought I'd be that interested in going to so I am glad to have learned more about it!

Thank you. These islands are excellent and should definitely be on your radar. Even better, they are outside the hurricane belt. I look forward to seeing Bonaire at some point.

Love that u had ur own private tour. How fun, and so jealous of ur friend living there. Can't wait to see what u do in Aruba.

Every time I see one of these ports that I like the gears in my head turn. I'll have Aruba posted before the week is over.

Had exact same issue with the shower at that Hilton! :mad:

It was annoying, but the large towel did the trick. I couldn't help but laugh when the shower on the ship was a mess too.