Booked in Eclipse accessible 7145 - Anything better?

Barry ATL

My partner is in a chair so we book an accessible cabin. This is our first time going on a Solstice class ship. I got us in 7145. The only thing different about this cabin is the proximity to the elevator.

On the Solstice class ships are there any better accissble cabins I should be on the look out for?

Years ago we got the best accessible room on the Summit. Concierge Class, deck nine, on the rear. HUGE balcony.

Thanks for all of you guys help!

Edited by Barry ATL

Thanks for the quick response. We are not going to upgrade to a suite... that money is better spent with a spa visit.

I just wondered if there were any verenda accessible cabins that might have a different size balcony or would otherwiser be better.

On the Solstice class ships being near the elevator is fine. The elevators are

partitioned off the hallways with doors so noise is not a problem. It may even be more convenient than having to walk a long way to the elevator. I'm not familiar with size of balcony on accessible rooms.

Hi Barry

A little off this topic but what ever happened with your inquiry about upgrading your beverage package on board?

We aren't sailing until next February but we have a huge OBC and with gratuities already paid, were planning on using it to upgrade our drink package.

Thanks!

I upgraded by phone. I did not want to take a chance because of the different stories I got from Celebrity customer service and the social media perso here on the boards.

Back to topic... the elevator has never been an issue for noise ... that won't bother us. I am very happy with the location of the room I have. Like all of us, just checking to see if there is something better. :)

• Like 1

Going by the deck plan, the accessible cabins in this area are quite a bit wider than the regular Veranda cabins -- so you will have a much nicer balcony. The accessible Concierge cabins on deck 10 look to be exactly the same size, as do the accessible AQ cabins on deck 15. All of them look quite nice.

What I am really looking for is an accessible cabin that has a little deeper balcony. On the Millenium class ships, the accessible cabins on the back of the ship (CC and regular) have very deep balconies. This gives Ken room to turn his chair. Our experience with regular accessible rooms is Ken can roll out on the balcony but has to turn sidways just a bit and then back into the room. Not a big deal, just one of those nice things if there happen to be something better on the S class ships without having to upgrade to a suite. Right now there are no available CC accessible rooms on our particular cruise. Of course that might change when final payment is due... so many rooms become available on that day. :)

• Like 1

What I am really looking for is an accessible cabin that has a little deeper balcony. On the Millenium class ships, the accessible cabins on the back of the ship (CC and regular) have very deep balconies. This gives Ken room to turn his chair. Our experience with regular accessible rooms is Ken can roll out on the balcony but has to turn sidways just a bit and then back into the room. Not a big deal, just one of those nice things if there happen to be something better on the S class ships without having to upgrade to a suite. Right now there are no available CC accessible rooms on our particular cruise. Of course that might change when final payment is due... so many rooms become available on that day. :)

The only balconies that I know of on S Class that are deeper are the ones on the slant of the hump, which you can identify on the deck plans. But I do not believe any of those are accessible. The cabins in the aft do have some wider balconies but they're not deeper.

• 7 years later...

I am going in this cabin 7145 september in Alaskan 7 night cruise from Vancouver (eclipse) I will have a mobility scooter. Will I feel the motion much as it is concerning me and not sure if I should see off more mid ship accessible available if they have one as usually get mid ship cabin but my mobility is worse now so going to rent scooter. Also does anyone have idea about where I can rent scooter to deliver to Vancouver port? I appreciate any advice first time U.K. To Alaska and a once in lifetime cruise with my sun who has a different cabin with friends.

Edited by blueeyes57

2 hours ago, blueeyes57 said:

I am going in this cabin 7145 september in Alaskan 7 night cruise from Vancouver (eclipse) I will have a mobility scooter. Will I feel the motion much as it is concerning me and not sure if I should see off more mid ship accessible available.

The motion in that cabin isn't bad. To book a midship accessible cabin, you would have to book an inside cabin. All Verandas (regardless of class) are forward except the Sky Suites which are aft.

• 2 months later...

Sorry just remembered I left this post!! Thanks for your reply. Can anyone say whether there is likely to be much motion second week September? I wouldn’t want an inside cabin in Alaska so will have to take risk as have scooter to accommodate so needed accessible cabin.