Weather!

tatelek

We went on the Eastern Caribbean January 19th and the weather in all three ports was perfect. About 80 degrees or so which was great for lounging on the beach in Half Moon Cay. Nassau was high 70's and sunny and Grand Turk was about 80 degrees also..plenty hot for me! There were sporadic cloud patches in Grand Turk that would pass through occasionally but they were so small that it was actually kind of nice to have them. Enjoy!

Unless you are doing the Bahamas, the weather will be fine in most places in January. All Caribbean islands, except the Bahamas, are south of the Tropic of Cancer. So their temperatures are pretty consistent year round.

The Bahamas has weather much more similar to South Florida, which can sometimes get cooler in the winter. Think lows in the 60s with highs in the 70s.

We love January cruising!! To us the weather is perfect. Not too hot and not too cold. We have always done western stops and it has been plenty warm. Anywhere from mid 70's to upper 80's. We're snow bunnies from Illinois so that's heavenly to us in January!

I would assume if you have a Bahamas stop it may be a tad chilly for you, especially if you are planning swimming in the ocean, but again, it's also relative. To us coming from freezing cold temps it felt hot and we would have swam, but I'm sure if you were from Florida the temps wouldn't have felt so warm and you would have thought we were nuts to be swimming in the 70's..

I would like to mention though, I always bring some sort of sweatshirt or hoodie or jacket on the cruise with me for the evenings. Especially if you plan on watching the movies up on deck. For some this isn't an issue but depending on how far south you get, it can get chilly, especially if it's a windy night.

We always take our land based vacation to Jamaica in February and the weather is perfect. We've cruised in January and the weather in each port was perfect. The first sea day was pretty chilly though...definitely not Lido deck weather at least for this Texan..lol