BikingOn River Cruises

Pather

We are doing the Uniworld Rhine and Moselle cruise in August, and they have one or two included bicycle tours. I know Avalon has bicycle tours but I believe they are an additional charge.

Several of the other cruise lines have bicycles aboard--AMA and Scenic have them, I think. I'm not sure about Tauck. I don't know if they offer guided tours. Any of the lines that have bicycles allow you to sign them out if you want to go out on your own. I've read of some people biking to the next port!

We were on Uniworlds Castles on the Rhine cruise last July on the SS Antoinette. They have I believe about 15 bikes and we never had a problem using them. There were several stops along the way where we checked them out for great bike rides. They did have several "go active" bike tours that were included but for us there were always other excursions we preferred. But we had plenty of time with the bikes in our free time.

If you go to Uniworld's website and click "before you go" at the top of the page, you can download the Cruise Companion (detailed itinerary) for each trip. This will tell you what bike tours are included. I was on Danube Discover & Prague and there was only one included bike tour, but there were other cities where biking would be fun (Vienna, Weissenkirchen in the afternoon). Here's a write up of our biking tour into Passau. The bike tour was one of my favorite experiences of the trip.