Sold on the Yacht Club

parallax

We just got back from the 7 day cruise on the Divina. It was hands down the best cruise we have been on. We have stayed in suites on other cruise lines but nothing compares to the YC. They do the little things so well. We are not demanding family but any request we had were responded to quickly and appropriately. The staff in Le Muse, in particular, Guisieppe and Pasquale were amazing. We do not usually eat lunch at the restaurant but in this case we made the exception and ate Le Muse often because the food was so good.

There was a nice mix of passengers from all over the globe. We befriended several passengers and had a very enjoyable time conversing. My daughter enjoyed the kids club (making several new friends) and the pool.

It is definitely a European cruise line. It is notable in the style of food and to a lesser degree in the service. Outside of the Yacht Club, the service is much more like service you would find in Europe. It moves at a different pace than in the US and can be a little slow.

Two areas of improvement:

1. Allow for YC members to receive comp drinks outside the YC. It cheapens the perception of the YC.

2. There were 4300 people on the ship. While I was shielded to a certain degree because of the YC, it is too many people for that size ship. The numbers are high because of the kids sail free promo.

I'm happy to answer any questions.

We just got back from the 7 day cruise on the Divina. It was hands down the best cruise we have been on. We have stayed in suites on other cruise lines but nothing compares to the YC. They do the little things so well. We are not demanding family but any request we had were responded to quickly and appropriately. The staff in Le Muse, in particular, Guisieppe and Pasquale were amazing. We do not usually eat lunch at the restaurant but in this case we made the exception and ate Le Muse often because the food was so good.

There was a nice mix of passengers from all over the globe. We befriended several passengers and had a very enjoyable time conversing. My daughter enjoyed the kids club (making several new friends) and the pool.

It is definitely a European cruise line. It is notable in the style of food and to a lesser degree in the service. Outside of the Yacht Club, the service is much more like service you would find in Europe. It moves at a different pace than in the US and can be a little slow.

Two areas of improvement:

1. Allow for YC members to receive comp drinks outside the YC. It cheapens the perception of the YC.

2. There were 4300 people on the ship. While I was shielded to a certain degree because of the YC, it is too many people for that size ship. The numbers are high because of the kids sail free promo.

I'm happy to answer any questions.

Great to hear you enjoyed the YC Parallax!! Also,,great news that our friend Guiseppe is still onboard. We'll be stopping by LeMuse to visit with him on the 22nd.

I would like to agree with you in regards to the "all inclusive" drinks outside of the YC venue. I think "all inclusive" ship wide would only enhance the YC experience that much more,,and throwing in double reward points wouldn't hurt either:p

Thank you so much for the review, parallax.:D My DH and I will also be sailing in the YC aboard Divina this December and I can't wait! We have sailed in suites on Celebrity and on NCL Breakaway in the Haven. I recently 'jumped ship' from NCL due to their newly implemented, without explanation or warning, unnecessary fees. (None of which impact the Haven guests, BTW). I just felt a need to make a point,<:mad:>, and I'm grateful I found MSC and the kind folks on this board.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed Le Muse. Can you tell us what some of your favorite dishes were, especially at lunch? I don't think I've read much about lunch there.

Where did you like to have breakfast? And what assortment of foods was available in the Top Sail and the One Pool bar?

Did you ever use room service? If you did, how was it?

Is there any reason a person couldn't carry a cocktail from the YC to other areas of the ship?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm in 'sponge' mode. :o

Thank You Kindly,

Alison

Thank you so much for the review, parallax.:D My DH and I will also be sailing in the YC aboard Divina this December and I can't wait! We have sailed in suites on Celebrity and on NCL Breakaway in the Haven. I recently 'jumped ship' from NCL due to their newly implemented, without explanation or warning, unnecessary fees. (None of which impact the Haven guests, BTW). I just felt a need to make a point,<:mad:>, and I'm grateful I found MSC and the kind folks on this board.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed Le Muse. Can you tell us what some of your favorite dishes were, especially at lunch? I don't think I've read much about lunch there.

Where did you like to have breakfast? And what assortment of foods was available in the Top Sail and the One Pool bar?

Did you ever use room service? If you did, how was it?

Is there any reason a person couldn't carry a cocktail from the YC to other areas of the ship?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm in 'sponge' mode. :o

Thank You Kindly,

Alison

There hamburgers at lunch are the very best !

Top sail always had great snacks ALL the time. From bowls of nuts to pastry to little sandwiches, cheeses, etc. They do not care if you make a plate & take it to your room. You can take your cocktails out.

I would stop in before I went to bed. I asked for a cup of tea & they insisted on delivering it. Within 5 minutes of my return to my room, they were there with a china pot of tea for me.

I am really bad when it comes to coffee. I do not like it strong. I loved the coffee at the buffet. One morning I called for coffee to the room. Not only was it the very strong kind, it just came in 2 cups. There was no 'pot' of coffee like you get on other ships.

The poolarea has a full bar setup. They also have a small buffet. Can't member much about it but lots of salad fixins. They also had some hot food.

The lunch at Le Muse was very good. They always had pasta, a sandwich, salads, seafood or meat entrees. The best dish I had was a shrimp scampi appetizer. It was out of this world.

We usually had breakfast at the pool or lounge. We are not big breakfast people but enjoyed the crossaints, meats and cereals. The lunch at the buffet at the pool always had a nice salad spread, a couple of hot meat and pasta dishes.

We did not order room service but YC members that order pizza receive it from the pizzeria in the piazza free of charge. That pizza is out of this world.

We did to go drinks from both the lounge and Le Muse.

i don't think the Yacht Club lounge would work if they gave free AI across the ship. The free drinks in the lounge is what helps it hit a critical mass of people, allowing it to operate in what is actually quite a vast space.

We purchased 4 Carnet books for use in the rest of the ship. It became very clear on the first day that I wouldn't be needing them and they accepted them back (minus a small %age)

The YC was a lot closer to the main pool areas than I imagined, the mini bar was also fully stocked with spirits and beer 3 times a day. We never went dry!

I'll personally continue to tart between NCL and MSC. Im in the Epic Haven in May, Divina YC in Sept. Whist I'm looking forward to the Epic, there is something really, really special about the YC and thats coming from a major NCL fanboy!

But... outside the YC.... Epic over the Divina any day for me.

Edited by andrewjb1

i don't think the Yacht Club lounge would work if they gave free AI across the ship. The free drinks in the lounge is what helps it hit a critical mass of people, allowing it to operate in what is actually quite a vast space.

We purchased 4 Carnet books for use in the rest of the ship. It became very clear on the first day that I wouldn't be needing them and they accepted them back (minus a small %age)

The YC was a lot closer to the main pool areas than I imagined, the mini bar was also fully stocked with spirits and beer 3 times a day. We never went dry!

I'll personally continue to tart between NCL and MSC. Im in the Epic Haven in May, Divina YC in Sept. Whist I'm looking forward to the Epic, there is something really, really special about the YC and thats coming from a major NCL fanboy!

I believe it would work fine. The lounge would still be busy. You would want to go there for your before and after dinner drink, to enjoy the view or just socialize with friends.

Thank you so much for the beautiful photos, Andrew! I'm certain I won't regret exchanging the Escape Haven for the Divina Yacht Club now. You've truly heightened my excitement!:D

When you were on the Escape what time was the Haven bar/lounge open until?

The Escape isn't fully built yet Andrew. :cool: We were due to sail this December. We stayed in one of the aft suites with Haven access on the Breakaway last May and I think the lounge was open until 10pm. It's a good question though.......how late is the Top Sail Lounge open? :p

The Escape isn't fully built yet Andrew. :cool: We were due to sail this December. We stayed in one of the aft suites with Haven access on the Breakaway last May and I think the lounge was open until 10pm. It's a good question though.......how late is the Top Sail Lounge open? :p

Having a thick moment! lol. I meant the Breakaway sorry.

When I was on board... past 12. People tended to just hang, drinking Baileys, B52's and Liquors. (as the drinks are free in there!)

Thanks for the review. We are sailing YC in June and it's my first cruise ever! My DW has been before but not in YC. My stipulation for cruising was to go YC as I didn't want to put my hand in my pocket every time I wanted a feed or a drink or three. Really getting excited now. Can not wait for 7 days in the Mediterranean sunning myself on the deck while sipping what ever comes to mind. I will get my money's worth that's for sure. We booked "early bird" fares and we are very happy with the deal.

Melbourne, Australia to Rome is the only draw back, 23 hours on any plane and see how you feel [emoji37].

Love the photos. Anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The differences between the MSC Yacht Club and the NCL Haven seem only to be price, the Yacht Club is less!:D

And the Yacht Club Top Sail Lounge appears to be at least three times larger than the Breakaway Haven Lounge and serves food. The pool in the Haven is smaller and indoors, (the ceiling can be opened), and about 3 feet deep at the deep end. There is a relatively small sundeck at the top with no bar, but there is waiter service. The photos of the YC have me convinced that it is much nicer than the Haven. Probably fewer children, too. ;)

Thank you, parallax! :)

And I forgot to mention..........FREE beverages in the Yacht Club!

I booked our Escape Haven cruise before the Free For All promo that NCL is offering was started. Because of this, I got a great price that I don't believe will ever be repeated with the new management that has taken over.

Nothing extra was included in the price except for the $300 OBC I was able to wrangle from them after finding out that they were in the process of canceling this "Book a suite nine months in advance and get $300 OBC" that they had traditionally offered.

Short story long, we paid $270.32 more (net) for the Yacht Club, but will get a much more deluxe experience and free beverages.

It's like I keep telling my husband: "MSC Yacht Club......you had me at free mini bar". :D:D:D