Cruising from Miami with RC

Quahog64

Has anyone ever flown into Ft. Lauderdale and taken a cruise out of Miami?

I have a few questions that I am hoping you can assist me with.

If you flew into Ft. Lauderdale did you take a transfer from the airport to a local hotel in that area or a transfer to Miami and stay in a hotel in Miami ?

What type of transportation did you use for either scenario?

How did you get back to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale ?

How long a ride is it to Miami from the airport or local hotel.

Hoping to find a hotel that provides pick up and then transfer to the airport if possible.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Any hotel suggestions ?

Thank you

Folks do it all the time! If you are arriving early, then go ahead and head to Miami. If you're arriving too late to "do" anything, stay in Ft. Laud, and head to port in the morning. You will NOT want a taxi...to costly....Google SAS Transportation....the ride is about 40 mins..give or take.

If you get to Miami, a cab to port is about $12-20, depending on where you stay!

Gomjstransport or sas used both very good 15$/ Person one way flights are cheaper to fl than Miami or if u have late flight u can rent car for a day and do some sightseeing rented a car for only approx 40$ if you are a few people this may be a good option too

Has anyone ever flown into Ft. Lauderdale and taken a cruise out of Miami?

I have a few questions that I am hoping you can assist me with.

If you flew into Ft. Lauderdale did you take a transfer from the airport to a local hotel in that area or a transfer to Miami and stay in a hotel in Miami ?

What type of transportation did you use for either scenario?

How did you get back to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale ?

How long a ride is it to Miami from the airport or local hotel.

Hoping to find a hotel that provides pick up and then transfer to the airport if possible.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Any hotel suggestions ?

Thank you

Good questions as we are doing the same in October. Flying into FLL is much cheaper for us than to Miami. I did research and SAS seems to be the best deal for quality and price. I haven't done it yet but will use Priceline to bid on a room in FLL which has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel then use SAS to the Miami port. I'll use SAS on return from the port to the FLL airport. Look for coupon codes for Pricleine and bid. I did the same for last cruise on Serenade out of NOLA. got a great deal. BTW, we are flying in a day early. If your cruise is before Oct, let us know what you did and how it worked out. Thx! :cool: