Our Carnival Pride Spring Break cruise - 4/5/15 (with pics)

Jamman54

Loving the review. Can't wait until i board the Pride in 58 days. Woo Hoo. Time is flying by. FYI, just wanted to tell you I stopped in at the Maryland House on the way to New Jersey this past weekend and on the way home from New Jersey. It's a must on that 95 trip South to North and North to South.

Love the review !

Thanks for reading!!!!

I'm so into your review that I actually felt a little sad looking at the pictures of the beach from onboard the tender. This review has me so pumped up for our trip 6/14 with the same itinerary! Thank you so much again for such a great review!!

Glad you are enjoying the review, and soon you will experience it live and in person!!! :)

Looking forward to the rest of your review since I'm heading to Freeport in August. Most people say to stay on the boat there so looking forward to your take on it.

Thanks for following along. The Freeport segment is coming up later.

Loving the review. Can't wait until i board the Pride in 58 days. Woo Hoo. Time is flying by. FYI, just wanted to tell you I stopped in at the Maryland House on the way to New Jersey this past weekend and on the way home from New Jersey. It's a must on that 95 trip South to North and North to South.

Thanks so much!! You will love the Pride.

We will be driving down to Florida in August, and the Maryland House will be our first rest stop!! :)

Great review - looking forward to the rest!

-Andy

Your reviews are the best Jamman. Absolutely love your writing and pictures - makes me feel like I'm back at HMC and Grand Turk.

Thanks for coming along for the ride. Will be posting more later.

You were most helpful in giving me Ken Byrne's email address so I could request a table for 2. He emailed me back the same day and told me no worries, he will take care of it. Well....today I get this email from him telling me we are at a booth for 2 (#190) and he looks forward to seeing us! How amazing is that! My question is.......do I tip him for this great service? I mean we aren't even on the ship yet and I have this warm, fuzzy feeling about Pride already:)

I only have one complaint about this review... I got no work done for half the day because I was reading every word and ogling every photo. LOL

I will be on the Pride for the second time this August but the first time on this itinerary. I just can't wait!

Thanks for your great review!

You were most helpful in giving me Ken Byrne's email address so I could request a table for 2. He emailed me back the same day and told me no worries, he will take care of it. Well....today I get this email from him telling me we are at a booth for 2 (#190) and he looks forward to seeing us! How amazing is that! My question is.......do I tip him for this great service? I mean we aren't even on the ship yet and I have this warm, fuzzy feeling about Pride already:)

Great News! I would like Kens e mail address please. Thanks, Lynn

He is a GREAT guy, and wait until you hear him sing!! You may tip him if you would like, but a great big thank you will go a long way. Be sure to tell him that Jeff, Patti, and Ryan said Hi!

I only have one complaint about this review... I got no work done for half the day because I was reading every word and ogling every photo. LOL

I will be on the Pride for the second time this August but the first time on this itinerary. I just can't wait!

Thanks for your great review!

Thanks for reading. The Pride is even BETTER now!!!

Our final port of call on this cruise is Freeport…..

CP1083.jpg

We awoke at 6:30am and we were already alongside the pier in Freeport. The port area is very heavily industrialized, and is just not pretty at all. The sun is rising over the cargo containers…..

CP1093.JPG

Looking forward from our balcony I can see an ambulance, and realized that it probably was the reason we had docked so early. I later found out that a crewmember had appendicitis, and had to be transported to the hospital…..

CP1084.JPG

Here are a few shots of the port area taken from our balcony. Here is Senor Frogs…..

CP1085.JPG

Some of the vendor stalls…..

CP1086.JPG

A view of the shopping area…..

CP1087.JPG

To be continued…..

Here are some more port views. The Freeport sign…..

CP1088.JPG

CP1092.JPG

I guess we are docked in the right place…..

CP1095.JPG

We won’t be leaving the port area today. Patti and Ryan will be getting off around 9:30 to do some shopping. I will be getting off around 11 to meet them at Senor Frog’s for drinks and lunch. Here are Patti and I at breakfast…..

CP1097.JPG

CP1098.JPG

We all had omelets today…..

CP1096.JPG

To be continued…..

After breakfast, Patti wanted to check emails, so I grabbed the camera and took some pictures. Here are some views of the Fun Shops…..

CP1100.JPG

CP1099.JPG

CP1101.JPG

The Venus Pool…..

CP1102.JPG

The Blue Iguana Tequila Bar…..

CP1103.JPG

The Red Frog Rum Bar…..

CP1105.JPG

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54

Here are some more port views taken from Deck 10. Another view of Senor Frog’s…..

CP1106.JPG

Shopping at the port…..

CP1107.JPG

CP1108.JPG

The forward gangway…..

CP1109.JPG

The security gate where everyone must go through coming from and going to the ship…..

CP1110.JPG

This is a long shot of the now defunct Bahamas Celebration, now laid up in Freeport…..

CP1111.JPG

To be continued….

As I mentioned earlier, Freeport is an industrial port…..

CP1112.JPG

This is the Grand Bahama Shipyard. This is where many of the Carnival ships go into dry dock…..

CP1113.JPG

CP1114.JPG

I made my way to Serenity, where I would hang out for a few hours, until I made my way ashore. Patti met me there to get the camera, and then she and Ryan debarked. Here is Ryan checking out the retail map…..

CP1115.JPG

The Seaman’s Rest Sports Bar…..

CP1118.JPG

CP1116.JPG

To be continued…..

The bow of the Carnival Pride…..

CP1119.JPG

Looking up towards the Sports Deck…..

CP1121.JPG

The Carnival Pride docked in Freeport…..

CP1123.JPG

Looking up at the slides…..

CP1125.JPG

The fountain….

CP1122.JPG

The Welcome to Freeport sign…..

CP1124.JPG

To be continued….

A Reggae Band plays in the gazebo…..

CP1126.JPG

Fat Tuesday’s…..

CP1127.JPG

Taxi information and rates…..

CP1129.JPG

CP1128.JPG

Senor Frog’s…..

CP1131.JPG

The House Rules…..

CP1132.JPG

To be continued…..

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review. I have read both of your Splendor reviews. I'm leaving in 10 days, from Norfolk, on the Splendor.

We have been to Half Moon Cay and it was great looking at your photos. Brings back a lot of memories. I sighed when I read your sign "last tender @ 4pm". :(

We having a family trip on the Pride in January. Welcome back and again, thanks for the great review and photos!

Can't wait to see what you did in Freeport.