Our Carnival Pride Spring Break cruise - 4/5/15 (with pics)

Jamman54

We did this itinerary on the Pride in 2012. Never thought about a Cabana but now reading your review, we are definitely getting one. Thanks for the great review, we are getting excited for our cruise on the Pride this October.

Hi Jamman! Loving your review - I feel like I am right there enjoying the cruise with your lovely family.

We have cruised 19 times but never with Carnival. Looking at our alternatives where we could drive to the port within a day.

Can you tell me how much you have to pay for a cabana at Margaritaville Grand Turk, and also at HMC?

Thanks, and looking forward to hear more!:)

We did this itinerary on the Pride in 2012. Never thought about a Cabana but now reading your review, we are definitely getting one. Thanks for the great review, we are getting excited for our cruise on the Pride this October.

Thanks for following along! The cabana is a great place to cool off, and drink and eat in peace! :)

Hi Jamman! Loving your review - I feel like I am right there enjoying the cruise with your lovely family.

We have cruised 19 times but never with Carnival. Looking at our alternatives where we could drive to the port within a day.

Can you tell me how much you have to pay for a cabana at Margaritaville Grand Turk, and also at HMC?

Thanks, and looking forward to hear more!:)

Thanks for reading! The cabanas at Grand Turk are $130 dollars, and the cabanas at HMC are $230. At HMC, the price includes drinks (soda & water), snacks (veggie platter / dips, fruit platter, chips & salsa), float mats, and snorkel gear.

CP0604.jpg

I found me and Sakari. Man...Jamman you were right there in the water with us!!!

That's so funny!! :D We have been checking out all your pictures looking for us, but no luck yet! Patti thinks she saw you guys in front of Senor Frog's in Freeport posing for pictures with the chair.

Edited by Jamman54

Here are a couple of more in water shots…..

CP0613.jpg

CP0614.jpg

Looking up at the slides on the Carnival Pride…..

CP0615.jpg

I’m starting to get thirsty and hungry, so as I make my way back to the cabana I take one more beach shot…..

CP0616.jpg

When I got back to the cabana, I saw that Momma Dog had rejoined Ryan on the porch…..

CP0617.jpg

While I was gone, Patti had “rang” Winsome and ordered drinks for herself and Ryan. She ordered a pina colada…..

CP0618.JPG

To be continued……

When Winsome delivered the drinks, we ordered our lunch. About twenty minutes later, our food arrived. We started out with a shared appetizer of jerk pork tacos…..

CP0621.jpg

Patti had the turkey club sandwich……

CP0622.JPG

I had the Caribbean jambalaya. Man, was it good, with just enough spices…….

CP0623.JPG

Ryan of course, had the grilled chicken……

CP0624.JPG

After we ate and relaxed for a while, I grabbed the water camera again, and made my way into the pool…..

CP0626.jpg

The swim up bar was busy and hopping!!!

CP0628.jpg

To be continued…..

The brown puppy is just making himself / herself at home…..

CP0649.JPG

Papa Dog is keeping a watchful eye out…..

CP0650.JPG

The black puppy comes out to play……

CP0652.JPG

We spent the rest of our time there alternating between the pool, beach, and cabana. At about 1:30, I “rang” Winsome to settle up our tab, and get my Sail & Sign card back. Just a warning, that Margaritaville is a little pricey, so budget for it, or bring your own drinks and snacks from the ship if you choose. For us, the lunch, my two buckets of beer, and Ryan and Patti’s many frozen drinks, along with the tip, ran just north of $200 dollars. If you ever rent a cabana at Grand Turk, ask for Ricardo or Winsome to be your attendant. Just tell them that “Big Jeff” sent you!! Lol.

We start to make it back to the ship, and when we got on the pier the line was crazy long. In all the times we have been here, we have seen long lines but never this long……

CP0658.JPG

Since the time we are here is very short, hardly anybody wants to go back to the ship early, so when over two thousand people want to go back at the same time, this is what occurs. For some reason they are only using the forward door to re-board. I know there is a mid-ship one. Patti uses the time in line to snap a few more pictures. Here’s another picture of the whale. Patti had covered that area and the conch graveyard extensively on our Carnival Liberty cruise last August…..

CP0661.JPG

The beach on that side of the pier is nearly empty…..

CP0662.JPG

To be continued….

She was able to get one of me with the Pride in the background…..

CP0666.JPG

Margaritaville has just about cleared out…..

CP0668.JPG

The line is still long behind us. No way are we sailing on time. Then again, sailing from here a half hour late seems to be the norm…..

CP0670.JPG

After 40 minutes in line, we are back on board and back in our cabin. From our balcony you can see that the line is still pretty long…..

CP0672.JPG

The last few passengers are heading down the pier…..

CP0673.JPG

Margaritaville is now empty…..

CP0674.JPG

To be continued…..

From our balcony, you can see some of the cabanas by the pool…..

CP0680.JPG

The last of the passengers are boarding the ship…..

CP0679.JPG

CP0678.JPG

At 3pm, a half hour late, the Pride pushes away from the pier…..

CP0684.JPG

CP0685.JPG

CP0687.JPG

To be continued…..

CP0618.JPG

So it the norm to make the drink and put the alcohol in a different container within the drink at this place?

It was the first time that I had ever seen this done.

It appears so, though I don't remember it being done this way before. When Ryan wanted a double shot in his drink, he got two tubes. It seemed to me that each tube was more than a normal shot!

CP0574.JPG

Here are a couple of shots of Jack’s Shack, which is further down the beach. We never got around to heading down that way this cruise…..

CP0688.JPG

CP0692.JPG

The Carnival Pride spins around to head back out to sea…..

CP0689.JPG

CP0691.JPG

Goodbye for now Grand Turk!! We’ll see you again in July and August!!

CP0696.JPG

We are back out at sea. Everyone was pooped from our day today. Maybe the alcohol had something to do with it. Lol. We spent the next couple of hours lounging around the cabin and napping.

CP0697.JPG

To be continued…..

Tonight, Patti and I have a reservation at David’s Steakhouse. If a ship has a Steakhouse, we will go at least one night each cruise. Even better this time is, I will be using my one time Diamond perk of a free Steakhouse dinner for two. I’ll only need to pay for our wine and tip……

CP0699_5.jpg

We went up the glass stairs in the atrium to access David’s Steakhouse…..

CP0699.JPG

David’s Steakhouse…..

CP0700.JPG

CP0701.JPG

David himself…..

CP0703.JPG

We have a perfect window table…..

CP0706.JPG

To be continued…..

Here we are at David’s Steakhouse…..

CP0708.JPG

CP0707.JPG

Our waiter explains all of the entrée selections…..

CP0709.JPG

CP0710.JPG

These were compliments of the Chef. Don’t remember what they were, but we enjoyed them…..

CP0711.JPG

CP0712.JPG

To be continued…..

Patti started with the jumbo shrimp cocktail. These were huge 2 or 3 bite shrimp, unlike the 1 bite shrimp in the MDR…..

CP0713.JPG

I had two orders of the Portobello mushrooms…..

CP0714.JPG

This was the view outside from our table…..

CP0715.JPG

We each had a Caesars salad. They used to make them tableside, but no longer…..

CP0716.JPG

For her main, Patti had the Maine lobster…..

CP0717.JPG

I had my usual 18oz spice rubbed ribeye, cooked medium. Yum!!!

CP0718.JPG

To be continued……

Patti was too stuffed to order dessert, but she helped me with my caramelized Washington apples…..

CP0719.JPG

Goodnight David. It was a wonderful meal!!

CP0720.JPG

Afterwards, Patti went to check out the photo gallery, shop, and check emails. I met up with Ryan and went to play some blackjack. After a couple of hours Ryan had broke even, and I had won $250 dollars.

Back to the cabin we found tonight’s towel creature…..

CP0721.JPG

We had a great day today, and tomorrow promises too be even better. Good Night!!!!

Coming up next: Half Moon Cay, Heaven on earth!!

Patti was too stuffed to order dessert, but she helped me with my caramelized Washington apples…..

CP0719.JPG

Goodnight David. It was a wonderful meal!!

CP0720.JPG

Afterwards, Patti went to check out the photo gallery, shop, and check emails. I met up with Ryan and went to play some blackjack. After a couple of hours Ryan had broke even, and I had won $250 dollars.

Back to the cabin we found tonight’s towel creature…..

CP0721.JPG

We had a great day today, and tomorrow promises too be even better. Good Night!!!!

Coming up next: Half Moon Cay, Heaven on earth!!

You guys are having great luck on this cruise! Does it keep up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk