Princess Air questions

Hazelnut1106

Just thought this might be of interest to other:

Just saw a decrease for the EZ-Air and called Princess. Yes, they would honor the price decrease BUT they would need to cancel the current reservation and re-book it at the decreased price. They could NOT guarantee the same seat assignments! After looking at the seats available on Delta, I personally didn't want to take the chance & give up what I had - yup, I'm not a gambler :p

Obviously, it wasn't a large amount of money (enough for a tour ) :)

Edited by Tyskie

Now that we can book one way air on Princess EZ Air, I've started to add Flexible Air to my cruises that embark outside the U.S. as a matter of course. That way we have something locked in, and I can continue to watch fares to see what they do.

We had three issues using EZ Air last winter but one of them was the airline's fault and one of them was because we changed our plans. I just didn't appreciate Princess selling us American flights and then moving us to United where we incurred more luggage charges. But to keep the $700 air discount we had received, I put up with it.

• 1 month later...
We never used Princess air in the past - figuring that we could get a better deal on our own. For our upcoming Baltic cruise I checked with Princess just for kicks. I was surprised to find lower airfare with Princess than I could get on my own. And also shocked to find that the flexible fares were less than the fixed fares. Needless to say, we booked our air through Princess.

I'm so happy to have found this thread! I had the same experience today. The past couple months I've been checking airfare religiously on several different websites for our British Isles cruise this summer (never seen airfare so high to London!). I just figured that Princess's would be worse so didn't check until today and was surprised to find it significantly lower than Delta and the Flexible fares much lower than the Restrictive. I searched here to see if there was some sort of catch or something. It's still high IMO but at least it's not so unbearable and great to know we can change/rebook if the price goes down at least for the next few weeks.

I just figured that Princess's would be worse so didn't check until today and was surprised to find it significantly lower than Delta and the Flexible fares much lower than the Restrictive. I searched here to see if there was some sort of catch or something. It's still high IMO but at least it's not so unbearable and great to know we can change/rebook if the price goes down at least for the next few weeks.

However, if you do not book your airfare when you see an acceptable price, be aware that the prices can go up as inventory is reduced.

We were able to change our EZAir flights in 2013 without additional charge, flying Boston to Rome. We originally had Lufthansa arriving FCO at 5:30 PM. We started thinking about it & did not want to miss a whole day, so we called a helpful agent at Princess who cancelled that flight and put us on Air Canada from BOS to Montréal to FCO and got us there at 9:30 AM.

We were able to reserve seats on AC but our return via Iberia thru Madrid did not offer this.

We never used Princess air in the past - figuring that we could get a better deal on our own. For our upcoming Baltic cruise I checked with Princess just for kicks. I was surprised to find lower airfare with Princess than I could get on my own. And also shocked to find that the flexible fares were less than the fixed fares. Needless to say, we booked our air through Princess.

Beware of any stop overs with them. We used them to go to Cop. and almost missed our connecting flight in Paris they only gave us 2 hours and customs is very long and slow at this stop over. Never ran so fast in my life.

However, if you do not book your airfare when you see an acceptable price, be aware that the prices can go up as inventory is reduced.

Yes, I ended up booking (it went up just slightly from the time I first saw it).

I was a little concerned at first because on the booking page it said the seating assignments are not guaranteed but I was able to choose my seats right away and then went to the Delta site to view the confirmation and the seats I selected were there. I've heard of people not being able to select seats until later but I guess it depends upon the airline and I booked after final pymt was due so paid for the tix up front.

I do have a question, though. It sounds like the fare can go down, too, but when I go back in to check I no longer have access to the fare search. When I go into "modify" my reservation there is no place that I can find to look at the fares. Does anybody know if there's another way to check on them besides calling Princess?

Thanks!

Beware of any stop overs with them. We used them to go to Cop. and almost missed our connecting flight in Paris they only gave us 2 hours and customs is very long and slow at this stop over. Never ran so fast in my life.

In my experience CDG is one of the worst places to connect. A relative of mine who used to live in France said there are often strikes there and sure enough the one time I used them for a connection there was a strike (not sure who was striking). We we were stuck there for 8hrs and there was literally a mob of people yelling at the gate; I thought a fight would break out:eek:. Air France actually chartered a partner airline and that's how we got out of there.

In my experience CDG is one of the worst places to connect. A relative of mine who used to live in France said there are often strikes there and sure enough the one time I used them for a connection there was a strike (not sure who was striking). We we were stuck there for 8hrs and there was literally a mob of people yelling at the gate; I thought a fight would break out:eek:. Air France actually chartered a partner airline and that's how we got out of there.

Once, was one time too many. CDG is one airport that I would never use again, even if it cost me more not to go there.

Once, was one time too many. CDG is one airport that I would never use again, even if it cost me more not to go there.

I agree with Pia. The only time we fly into CDG is when we have a direct flight from the US and are going to Paris. Would never do a transfer there!