Cancelled 2016 cruise and NCL response

Loucat

Celebrity has an official person that posts over on that board. An employee posts under the screen name CelebrityCruises. This person will jump in if additional information is needed concerning any issue. Here is an example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2173209&highlight=wrong+itinerary+reflection

Very helpful and people are respectful to his/her responses.

I seemed to remember that del Rio used to post over on the Oceania boards? It's been a while since I've checked in over there, but I would think he would be interested in anything having to do with Cruise Critic.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Not unless he's taking calls behind bars!

Harriet

Telephone call centers are common in the Prison Industry...in Oregon, we have call centers in six of our facilities around the state - http://oce.oregon.gov/Call_Centers.php

Our prison call centers strive to be consistent in the information they provide unlike what most of us have experienced when calling NCL's call center. Maybe, NCL needs to contract out their call center operations to a prison based center where information is consistent.

Don't really think Captain Francesco Schettino is taking calls for the US Market. Conceivably, he could be taking calls for the European market.

Chris

Edited by calex

I didn't say that I didn't believe what you said, because I do. I just don't believe the PCC.

That is why I would not contact him, even though he sent his contact information. I did not call him originally; he called me saying he reviewed my comments when I cancelled the cruise.

By chance, is the name of the PCC who claims to be an ex-captain, Francesco Schettino?

Who knows? Maybe it was Schettino using an alias! He could be serving in the call center to keep himself busy : )

With all due respect, I think your decision to cancel your cruise was a bad one.

As you are aware being a suite passenger, when on board, the suite passengers do have much more access to upper level crew and therefore you could have expressed your concern to someone like the HD about the lack of communication about their changes in policies with regards to passengers who are already booked. In that way you could have used your status as a suite passenger to express your opinion to someone who could take it seriously as opposed to a commission based PCC who could not care less. The reality is, except for increases to daily service charges (for which an argument could be made that it's been several years without such an increase) none of these changes would affect your ship experience whatsoever in a Haven Suite especially with today's promotions.

As a fellow suite passenger, I intend to enjoy my next cruise, and I will, and it will be just as good as any previous cruise, especially since I'm going to be in a suite. Yes, Norwegian probably needs to work on better communication, but that's not a reason for me to walk away from the product I have enjoyed every year since 2002! The reality for me is that even with these changes, I still can't find a comparable deal with CCL, RCI, X or any other mass market line etc. Abandoning the product that I enjoy the most only punishes me, not Norwegian. Will there be more changes? No doubt... Things change with time. Remember the uproar when freestyle was first developed? I think the industry is changing... you just have to evaluate the changes and see how it would affect you in the long run. So far... the changes won't have much of an impact to me.

I admire your principles, but I think you may have over played your hand in this case. Good luck on your future cruises :)

Enjoy your cruise and we all have the right to make our own decisions!

Who said they didn't?:rolleyes:

No one ever said that Cruise Critic or any other Social Media site didn't have a voice

LOL. YOU specifically were one that said this!!! You said CC had NOTHING to do with them reinstating the free coffee/breakfast. I spent several posts trying to get you off the idea that there was ZERO impact from CC.

Good to see at least in this post you have backed off to "not as loud a voice as some would like to think". I'm happy to argue what the volume is, I just can't agree that there is none...

LOL. YOU specifically were one that said this!!! You said CC had NOTHING to do with them reinstating the free coffee/breakfast. I spent several posts trying to get you off the idea that there was ZERO impact from CC.

Good to see at least in this post you have backed off to "not as loud a voice as some would like to think". I'm happy to argue what the volume is, I just can't agree that there is none...

Yes, I did say that I don't think Cruise Critic had an impact on the coffee/breakfast and I still feel that way. I feel it was those on the two ships. I still feel that Cruise Critic had zero effect in that change, just as I don't think their voice is as loud as some on here feel, with regard to changing any of the other policy changes.

I have said that Cruise Critic has a voice (go back and look at my posts) as far as social media is concerned and NCL wants good reviews on their and certainly doesn't want bad ones just like they want from every other social media site, but there is a very big difference in Cruise Critic's voice on social media with regards to reviews and comments versus having a loud enough voice to force NCL to change policies (that was my point)....they are two entirely different animals. If their voice was loud as some think, then NCL would have gotten rid of the 18 percent specialty restaurant gratuity, would go back to 15 percent bar server gratuity, not raised the DSC, there would be no charge whatsoever for room service, not to mention that there would be lobster in the MDR, they wouldn't have taken away Cagney's from the CAS and many, many more items that have been complained about on here heavily. So have I backed off, not on your life.

There's a difference between having a voice and a company listening to it - and problem with the continental breakfast backoff has more to do with listening to their competitor (Carnival) and the way room service was utilize on the 2 ships than the uproar in the forums. For all we know on the forums, the free breakfast room service demand might be alot less and no real financial loss to NCL end - heck, they may give smaller potions / sizes of the pastries just to save costs plus the coffee they serve is from syrup anyway, just add hot water. But to assume that CC voice is what made them reconsider is false hope because if they were really listining to the 'voice' they would NOT charge a room service fee in the 1st place!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Yes, I did say that I don't think Cruise Critic had an impact on the coffee/breakfast and I still feel that way. I feel it was those on the two ships. I still feel that Cruise Critic had zero effect in that change, just as I don't think their voice is as loud as some on here feel, with regard to changing any of the other policy changes.

I have said that Cruise Critic has a voice (go back and look at my posts) as far as social media is concerned and NCL wants good reviews on their and certainly doesn't want bad ones just like they want from every other social media site, but there is a very big difference in Cruise Critic's voice on social media with regards to reviews and comments versus having a loud enough voice to force NCL to change policies (that was my point)....they are two entirely different animals. If their voice was loud as some think, then NCL would have gotten rid of the 18 percent specialty restaurant gratuity, would go back to 15 percent bar server gratuity, not raised the DSC, there would be no charge whatsoever for room service, not to mention that there would be lobster in the MDR, they wouldn't have taken away Cagney's from the CAS and many, many more items that have been complained about on here heavily. So have I backed off, not on your life.[/Quote]

They obviously know that changes like these aren't going to be popular. And yes there was whining on those other things as well. And the cumulative affect of just such a long list as you accurately described may be one reason they backed off on something. But those other things are relatively minor from a cost perspective. And the tips and DSC stuff while frustrating should hopefully mostly go to crew who we all love. Someone who has coffee every day to the room, has kids who eat there a lot, gets late night snacks could easily have 14 room service charges by the end of a 7 day cruise. At $8 a pop that's $112 for something that has ALWAYS been available and free. This one was more significant in impact (and the largest thread in history) and thus the size of the outcry (IMO). I assume the outcry was equally loud on the ships and likely more listened to. But I'd never try to make the argument CC caused the change and not the tests.

They obviously know that changes like these aren't going to be popular. And yes there was whining on those other things as well. And the cumulative affect of just such a long list as you accurately described may be one reason they backed off on something. But those other things are relatively minor from a cost perspective. And the tips and DSC stuff while frustrating should hopefully mostly go to crew who we all love. Someone who has coffee every day to the room, has kids who eat there a lot, gets late night snacks could easily have 14 room service charges by the end of a 7 day cruise. At $8 a pop that's $112 for something that has ALWAYS been available and free. This one was more significant in impact (and the largest thread in history) and thus the size of the outcry (IMO). I assume the outcry was equally loud on the ships and likely more listened to. But I'd never try to make the argument CC caused the change and not the tests.
Glad we agree on something.

I think it is great that they don't charge for coffee and danish, even though I don't order it. It might have always been free, but things don't always stay the same and we either live with them or not. If I had children that drank a lot of pop in the cabin, I would either bring some onboard when embarking or purchase some at each port. There is always a way not to pay the new changers, if one is so inclined.

BTW, I think Cruise Critic posters would actually have a better voice with NCL, if they didn't use words like illegal, unethical, evil or say things like they are cancelling their cruises (because NCL does actually know when someone cancels) and then doesn't and if they were to make their issues known in a professional manner explaining why they feel that the changes are wrong and maybe offer an solution that is beneficial to all parties, instead of saying it has always been that way, I don't like it, it is not fair, your screwing us, etc....JMHO!

Edited by NLH Arizona

NCL would be crazy not to monitor CC posts regarding their cruise line. I did google something about NCL and it did direct me to CC.

I have found that when I have a problem with services--for example at restaurants such as Outback or Longhorn-- posting to Twitter and the company's facebook page gets a quick and positive response. Most companies want to make things right -- especially when their target audience will be reading these posts. If NCL doesn't respond to customer concerns, I agree that people should show their dissatisfaction by spending their money elsewhere