Issues with Star Suite?.

dinkydee718

There was one window in that suite that had some fogging. Not sure if it has been fixed or not. Did not affect anything. We've been in about 6 DOS on 4 ships now and they all had at least one window with a leak. Last Dec. on the Dawn there was vendors crew on board that was repairing all of them. It's an ongoing problem with the double pane windows on these suites.

Edited by rvsullivan

We were in 12002 on Star a few years back and we had 3 fogged. No noise from above. We did have a worker walk along the front catwalk one day all the way around to the side and then up a ladder.

There was a thread with discussion about fogged windows on both the Star and Dawn (plus leaking windows) before the Star drydock and speculation whether they would be fixed. I've only seen one post dry dock report that they stayed in one of the side suites on 12 and had a fogged window so hard to say what you'll get.

We were in 12500 less than two weeks ago. The April 5 sailing. There was condensation on the windows first thing in the morning but nothing permanently trapped between the panes like people have described for the family suites.

No noise from 13.

Edited by cadien

We were in 12528 last month - no issues with fogging up/condensation at all. There was noise from 13 - the jogging track. I never thought about it while we were researching our first time in a suite. It didn't bother us too much, but it was very apparent.

The front 4 suites that the op is talking about are under the bridge so there really isn't any noise unless they decided to set up a bowling alley for a late night game.

The noise on the side suites varies as there is a jogging track over some of them, there are sun chairs over others that get moved in the a.m. so best for people to ask about a specific room on either Dawn or Star deck 12.

We have been in 2 different suites, the last one just last month on deck 12.

We had no issues with windows, actually loved the suite. No noise either.

NCL has a fabulous suite package.

Patti

Patti, what was your cabin # on deck 12? Trying to figure which ones have good windows and which ones don't, thanks

Patti, what was your cabin # on deck 12? Trying to figure which ones have good windows and which ones don't, thanks

Hi Karen, I have been trying to find out the condition of the windows in "our" suite too. Sounds the starboard has most of the problems. I asked the pre concierge desk in Miami if there will be any window repairs during the Bahamas dry dock. They responded that there is no work on deck 12 on the repair schedule. I still am hoping it happens though. Any chance you can post an update on the 12018 windows before you sail away on 4/27? I'm considering changing staterooms for 5/11. Thanks, Beverly

Hi Karen, I have been trying to find out the condition of the windows in "our" suite too. Sounds the starboard has most of the problems. I asked the pre concierge desk in Miami if there will be any window repairs during the Bahamas dry dock. They responded that there is no work on deck 12 on the repair schedule. I still am hoping it happens though. Any chance you can post an update on the 12018 windows before you sail away on 4/27? I'm considering changing staterooms for 5/11. Thanks, Beverly

If their is a way to do it I will, I do understand:)