Help with Liberty of the Seas cabin choice for girls getaway

windinsails

Hi! Myself and 3 of my girlfriends are all turning 30 this year and celebrating with a cruise! We're planning on taking the 5-day Liberty of the Seas cruise out of NJ to Bermuda. None of us have ever been on a cruise before.

We don't have a ton of money, and one of the girls in particular is kind of strapped for cash. So we were originally looking at booking an Oceanview Stateroom Guarantee room because the price was right. But my travel agent is concerned that it might be too small for 4 women when it comes to getting ready/grooming/all that. She suggested a Balcony Stateroom Guarantee instead because it's ever so slightly bigger but especially because it gives us the option of having people go out on the balcony when others are getting ready. The balcony is basically a way to make some extra space.

It will cost $250 more per person. Do any of you seasoned cruisers have thoughts on if it's worth the extra money?

I don't think we'll be spending a ton of time in our room but, like I said, none of us have ever been on a cruise so we have no idea at all what to expect about anything! I have no concept of the size of the rooms.

There are 2 sizes of OV's...one is 159 sq. ft, the other is 175 sq. ft.....

There are 2 sizes of Balcony cabins....one is 187 sq. ft. and the other is 199 sq. ft.

The sq. footage INCLUDES the bathroom space, which is tiny! Only 1 at a time will fit! I don't know if it will be worth it, especially if one is going to have to come up with money they don't have.

What many will do is use the Gym's locker room facilities for getting ready..that could be an option for your group!

Any cabin is tight for 4 adults, until you get into the "suites"....but you're all young, and will probably do just fine...think of it like a dorm!! When the 1st person gets ready, they should head out of the cabin, to whatever meeting spot you choose! I would also stagger the "grooming" times, so all of you aren't jammed in there, just waiting!

Edited by cb at sea

The cabin will be very tight if you try to manage to get ready for dinner at the same time each night.

Use the suggestion above-- use the gym to shower.

Or make arrangements with each other to set a schedule.

my first cruise was an inside cabin with 5 of us. Extremely doable.

• 2 weeks later...

How are the insides that hold 3 people priced compared to the OV guarantee? Most of the OV's are on decks 2 and 3. Look at deck 7 near the library for an inside cabin. That gives you a whole "living room" area to spill over into.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...