Bartenders on Enchantment

Are any of the bartenders really great? I've only sailed Carnival so far and pretty much any bar I went to I could tell the bartender what I was in the mood for, even if I didn't have a specific drink in mind, and they'd make me something delicious. So if I said "I want something frozen and fruity" I'd get something tasty that I may not even know what all is in it! If I say I want something chocolatey and strong, they make me something. Am I going to be able to find any bars on the Enchantment in a few weeks who will be able to give me that kind of service? Or will I really need to print out some kind of list in order to try new things like everyone is talking about?

I have purchased the ultimate drink package so I shouldn't really need to worry about costs of drinks or many limitations, either.

Don't know if he is still on Enchantment, but Desmond used to be up in Viking Crown and he was outstanding.

Last time we were on the Enchantment he was in Boleros, used to be on the Monarch as well. He is pretty great!

Edited by skyking

I don't recall their names, but the guys at the R Bar (main lobby, bottom of the atrium, fruity drinks are their specialty) were really friendly and were fast with their service. Same at the Schooner Bar.

If you have access to the Concierge Lounge, Yuki is awesome. She was brining us drinks before we even asked for them, truly attentive and on top of her game. It helped that we were among the few actually using the lounge last weekend, but she was still really fun.

Unfortunately Desmond is on vacation right now. We were told by Carlington (the Concierge) that he may be transferring to Jewel when he comes back in late May.

Enjoy your cruise, we had a blast. I didn't want to leave the ship yesterday!

Edited by DarthGrady

Are any of the bartenders really great? I've only sailed Carnival so far and pretty much any bar I went to I could tell the bartender what I was in the mood for, even if I didn't have a specific drink in mind, and they'd make me something delicious. So if I said "I want something frozen and fruity" I'd get something tasty that I may not even know what all is in it! If I say I want something chocolatey and strong, they make me something. Am I going to be able to find any bars on the Enchantment in a few weeks who will be able to give me that kind of service? Or will I really need to print out some kind of list in order to try new things like everyone is talking about?

I have purchased the ultimate drink package so I shouldn't really need to worry about costs of drinks or many limitations, either.

We drank all over that ship last month and I can't say any bartenders stood out in a good way. In fact most were pretty slow and didn't seem to be overly interested like they were in the past. The friendliness just wasn't there like it used to be ... few smiles.

It was noticeable how much longer the waits were ...(understaffing) .. and even when they had a crowd in front of them, there was no hustle .. all the same speed ...

And for some reason this cruise, I noticed more of a language barrier ... seemed to have to repeat myself often and a couple of times, they made mistakes in our order (i.e. Pear Absolut instead of the Mango I requested; tonic instead of soda) ... even misplaced my sea-pass card for a few uncomfortable minutes and not much of a sense of urgency to locate it, while I stood there ...

SO the idea of going up to one of the Enchantment bartenders and saying .."make me something i'd like ..... " will probably be met with a blank stare, shrug of the shoulders and an impatient "what you want?" response.

Still a great cruise ... but the bar staff overall kinda underwhelming.

Edited by F27TW

I was on the ship back in January and found the bar service to be pretty great! I don't have any specific names because we got drinks everywhere, but there were definitely a few people who got to know us and made our drinks pretty strong ;)

I'm in complete disagreement with the poster above me; maybe they had an off-week with the staff, but I really had a wonderful experience with all of the bar staff, don't worry about it!

As per the "I'm feeling a strong and fruity" kind of request, I can't answer that as I ordered off of the menu, but I'm sure some of them would be more than willing!

• 7 months later...

I was curious to see if any of you guys remembered a bartender aboard the enchantment. He mainly worked at the oasis bar by the pool during the day. He was from Macedonia and I believed his name started with a B? I just returned from a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas.

When we were on the Freedom (twice) last winter, Carwin in the Schooner bar (who was my buddy throughout both cruises ;)) told me his brother Sean worked in the R Bar on the Enchantment. There was no doubt who Sean was when I went to the R Bar on the Enchantment a month later (they were very obviously brothers). He was just as great a bartender as his brother. Raj in the R Bar on Enchantment made the most amazing Cosmopolitans! Kudos to him too!

Cathy