Independence of Seas 7 night Cruise Compasses request

lmp29

This is a request to anyone sailing on the Independence after it switches to a 7-night cruise in the next few weeks.

I realize that it is only a guideline at best, but hoping to get copies of the daily Cruise Compasses that are most similar to our Eastern cruise in late May.

thank you in advance!

There is a new cruise director for the month of May only. I was told that activities won't be the same as previous compasses but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Does anyone know the name of the cruise director in May?

Does anyone know the name of the cruise director in May?

Depending upon when you are cruising in May 2015 it will be either

Jamie Fentiman (who will be CD from April 10 until May 10) then Leigh Xuereb (from May 10 through September 8). Leigh is the new permanent CD on Indy.

I hope this makes it easy for you.

Depending upon when you are cruising in May 2015 it will be either

Jamie Fentiman (who will be CD from April 10 until May 10) then Leigh Xuereb (from May 10 through September 8). Leigh is the new permanent CD on Indy.

I hope this makes it easy for you.

Easier..but disappointing......we had Jamie in Dec. and he's just a big show off....he was just a substitute at that time and the real CD returned in January.

We wouldn't have booked this ship (May 3) if we had known this info.

Easier..but disappointing......we had Jamie in Dec. and he's just a big show off....he was just a substitute at that time and the real CD returned in January.

We wouldn't have booked this ship (May 3) if we had known this info.

I have never booked a cruise because of a CD, nor not booked a cruise because of a CD....I do believe they have an impact on my cruise because they do all of the scheduling and do have their own personality that permeates through the rest of the staff.

I was on Indy in February, and we had CD Gordon Travis as CD, who normally is the Activity Manager on Indy -- he was filling in for the CD who was off the ship for several weeks. He was good, and he will be working as the Activity Manager during your cruise. The activities he led, he did wonderfully and the rest of the entertainment team was wonderful. Tom Sting, ran some wonderful trivia games and was great hosting Karaoke.

I don't believe a CD can ruin a cruise, they can add a certain flair depending upon their personality and what you like. Many of the CD's have that 'show off' personality -- it is part of their own shtick.

Go and have a GREAT trip, regardless of who is the CD.....Please say hello to Tom Sting.....tell him that "Ken and Barbie - say Hi".

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to a fellow Cruise Critic member here is a link to the first sailing of the new Eastern Itinerary on the Independence of the Seas.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/09ussgmjrqvqw65/AAA9hK3pyNFVZ19r08eIua7Fa?dl=0

You do not have to sign up for drop box to see them, lease don't think you do. I was prompted to but just closed that window.

Happy Planning!

Dawna

no you do not have to create/use dropbox.. you can just click download upper right corner and it will download all as a zip or you can download them separately...

Thanks to a fellow Cruise Critic member here is a link to the first sailing of the new Eastern Itinerary on the Independence of the Seas.

You do not have to sign up for drop box to see them, lease don't think you do. I was prompted to but just closed that window.

Happy Planning!

Dawna

Happy Planning!

Dawna

Thank you so much for posting!

I board on Sunday (May 24th) so will let you know if there are any adjustments since we will only be the second 7 day Eastern that the Indy ventures out on.

I also noticed the Compasses no longer include the dinner menu name. :( I will note which each night is which and if anything has been changed. I have typed out all the menus by name here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JYwhrj4mlz5Z4lJ-yk0qeqF89UBY-BfpQXg_hXWFRV8/edit?usp=sharing

BonVoyage

Dawna

I board on Sunday (May 24th) so will let you know if there are any adjustments since we will only be the second 7 day Eastern that the Indy ventures out on.

I also noticed the Compasses no longer include the dinner menu name. :( I will note which each night is which and if anything has been changed. I have typed out all the menus by name here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JYwhrj4mlz5Z4lJ-yk0qeqF89UBY-BfpQXg_hXWFRV8/edit?usp=sharing

BonVoyage

Dawna

That would be awesome, I was wondering which menu was on which night, and they had it listed last June on Freedom. I am just hoping that they keep Once Upon a Time on any other night besides San Juan. We have an excursion that night and that is the only show that I want to see. We missed it last summer and I think my girls would enjoy it.

Have a great time, I have two more months to go before my cruise!

I would imagine that they wouldn't have any major show while we are in San Juan. The ice shows are at bad times. One is formal night at 5 and we have early seating. The other night is sort of late for my daughter as we have an early excursion the next day. I hope they change those.