Upgrade fairy called for a second time 5/1 Dawn

michaellasdad

Earlier this week I received an email from the upgrade fairy offering to upgrade us from an oceanview to a suite for $500.00 per person, today I received another email from the upgrade fairy, this time offering us a minisuite for $200.00 per person. So I call the phone number on the email, it says the department is closed and the voice mail was full, so I get on the phone with my PCC I explain what happened, he has me forward the email to him, puts me on hold to talk to someone, then comes back on the phone to tell me it's been approved. He also told me that the upsell department closes at 5:30 but I received the email at 5:50, kinda cruel if you ask me. My fiance is thrilled with having both a balcony as well as a full tub, WHOO HOO:D:D:D:D

Earlier this week I received an email from the upgrade fairy offering to upgrade us from an oceanview to a suite for $500.00 per person, today I received another email from the upgrade fairy, this time offering us a minisuite for $200.00 per person. So I call the phone number on the email, it says the department is closed and the voice mail was full, so I get on the phone with my PCC I explain what happened, he has me forward the email to him, puts me on hold to talk to someone, then comes back on the phone to tell me it's been approved. He also told me that the upsell department closes at 5:30 but I received the email at 5:50, kinda cruel if you ask me. My fiance is thrilled with having both a balcony as well as a full tub, WHOO HOO:D:D:D:D

As a wise person on this board once told me, that is not the upgrade fairy. That is her evil twin sister: The upSELL fairy!!

So happy to hear this finally worked out for you. Have a great cruise and enjoy that balcony! :D

So happy to hear this finally worked out for you. Have a great cruise and enjoy that balcony! :D

We will, thanks

As I'm typing this my fiance is drawing a bath, she loves her baths, I may have a hard time getting her out of the cabin:)

We paid just over $900 p/p for a MA minisuite, so I think we did pretty good, do you agree?:D

YOU DID GOOD! The lowest published sale price on a well known website that monitors cruise price drops had the lowest price for a mini suite at $1149.00 for last minute bookings. The published rate is still at $1249.00.

I think you should be very happy with the choices you made. Have a great trip.

Congrats OP. The mini suite balconies on Dawn are just that much bigger than the balcony cabin balconies that you can actually fit the small coffee table from the cabin out there with the two chairs. Nice for snacks, drinks, books, whatever you have out there. The small plastic table that's originally out there can barely hold two glasses.

We'll be on the Dawn with you! Congrats on your great deal!

I love the mini suite (and tub... Not like I don't have one at home...but...)

We choose aft-facing balconies now. But if that ever doesn't work out our next choice would be the mini [emoji106]🏻

We'll be on the Dawn with you! Congrats on your great deal!

I love the mini suite (and tub... Not like I don't have one at home...but...)

We choose aft-facing balconies now. But if that ever doesn't work out our next choice would be the mini [emoji106]

She LOVES a bath, in fact we have a hot tub at home that she loves as well, especially with her knee replacement surgeries, she wishes she could sleep in the hot tub as it's sometimes the only place where she gets any relief from her pain.

I just received my 3rd upsell/upgrade email from NCL, they offered to upgrade me to an SJ Family Suite for $250.00 per person, an SE Penthouse for $500.00 per and the Garden Villa for $750.00 per person, i think i'll pass:eek:

WOW!

Most folks NEVER get those offers!

You must be on the "LUCKY LIST"! HAHA!

Enjoy your cruise....and tell them to call ME next time! :D

Not so lucky, I swear it's only because I posted a complaint on NCL's social page on FB about my PCC getting fired and my emails not being returned by ANYBODY, that's when I got the media department involved.

$750pp for the Garden Villa? And you didn't take it? Insanity! :eek: :D

+1 here.

We toured the original Garden Villa back in 2003 onboard, it was HUGE. Imagine sailing with that vacant this Friday, the poor butler & concierge would be taking a break (and, without the gratuity coming from the guests)

And, even if OP take the full Suite or Penhouse, would they get (or, negotiate ??) all the Promo perks still good for this month ... that's a riot.

Imagine a private CC Meet & Greet in the villa :D

P.S. off-topic, thanks for the correction on Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehans on the other thread topic (with the disclaimers ...) We much rather & liked BL's older/original menu & not crazy about the new OSH menu.

+1 here.

We toured the original Garden Villa back in 2003 onboard, it was HUGE. Imagine sailing with that vacant this Friday, the poor butler & concierge would be taking a break (and, without the gratuity coming from the guests)

And, even if OP take the full Suite or Penhouse, would they get (or, negotiate ??) all the Promo perks still good for this month ... that's a riot.

Imagine a private CC Meet & Greet in the villa :D

P.S. off-topic, thanks for the correction on Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehans on the other thread topic (with the disclaimers ...) We much rather & liked BL's older/original menu & not crazy about the new OSH menu.

I asked when I received the fist upsell/upgrade offer, the answer was no, I would get the cabin but none of the extra perks, they are all gone now anyways, but it was nice to dream, heck the GV is 7 times the size of my little cape cod house, could you imagine :eek:

Edited by michaellasdad