Baltimore: State of Emergency Declared

destiny217

The mayor issued a general curfew to start at 10 p.m. and last until 5 a.m. each night starting Tuesday, April 28 until May 4. The curfew starts at 9 p.m. for those 14 and under.

Please keep up-to-date on this story.

Thank you destiny217,

I have been watching...can't sleep since turned on tv at 11 PM my time and this is a night I am not working...Noticed there was also a notice on Grandeur exit for today..hope folks with arrivals can work around curfew and there is a way to get from arrival to city and port without too much trouble.

The National Guard arrived about oh 30 or 45 minutes ago my time which is now 1:09 Mountain time. Prayers to Baltimore and all cities with this stress. All cities here in US and world are really "our home" indirectly...we are all so much more connected....may we learn a new way..all of us..somehow.

Prayers to all directly affected...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

The Governor has ordered up to 5000 National Guard troops to be deployed into Baltimore City. Also he has put out a call of up to 5000 additional police from up and down the east coast to help in the situation. The Superintendent of the Md. State Police is in command over all involved not the city police commissioner.

As rioting took place in the streets yesterday the Mayor and police commissioner were nowhere to be found and lost complete control of the siuation.

There was some sporadic looting of liquor stores in areas of Fells Point, which is adjacent to the Inner Harbor tourist area. However, as Tony O pointed out, the Md State Police and the National Guard are on the ground and there have only been peaceful protests all day.

There were curfew violations and clashes with police last night at what is being called ground zero. Several people were arrested as police had to use tear gas and other means to disperse the crowd

This was posted on Facebook today:

Friends, BSO family and all who love the great City of Baltimore:

Join musicians of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra outside the Meyerhoff at 12 noon TOMORROW, 4/29, for a free concert in support of our community. It seems we could all use a little music in our lives right about now. ‪#‎BSOPeace‬

"This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before."

-Leonard Bernstein

There were curfew violations and clashes with police last night at what is being called ground zero. Several people were arrested as police had to use tear gas and other means to disperse the crowd

Ground Zero is North and Pennsylvania? My co-workers were actually out there to assess the damage (I'm in the construction biz) and said, despite the massive amount of people out, it was peaceful and orderly. I can't watch the news anymore. But I've been following along on Twitter. The nights have been the issue but the curfew is still in effect so, hopefully, it's calm tonight.

Ground Zero is North and Pennsylvania? My co-workers were actually out there to assess the damage (I'm in the construction biz) and said, despite the massive amount of people out, it was peaceful and orderly. I can't watch the news anymore. But I've been following along on Twitter. The nights have been the issue but the curfew is still in effect so, hopefully, it's calm tonight.

Yes ground zero is North and Pennsylvania due to the CVS bring looted and burned out.

During the day it has been peaceful but the trouble started at night when people refused to disperse after the curfew was in effect.

Everyone is holding their breath as this Saturday out of town people are due back in Baltimore for another rally .The same ones who were here earlier this week when the riots started.

Thanks everyone for sharing...you were very helpful...city after city..as these things happen we have to care, do what we can and do the updating,...calmly as possible (kudos)...just wanted to say that people far away were praying and with you as we could be.

This weekend, in a very tiny town in Montana, a high school classmate friend/acquaintance, of my nephews and two others were stabbed severely in their rural apt. ( can not look up details right now like you have mentioned..have to stop the details sometimes)...young woman was somehow found and life flighted with family...but she is even stabbed in back of head so just don't know. Nephew having his first baby in this town this month and his little brother is very ill....so worried and those 4 years..20 to 24 make a difference in handling such a shock.

Violence to get the answer is never the answer....you were not alone in being prayed for this weekend....small places here bonded deeply with larger places...Sarah

Edited by sjn911