Sea Sickness....

ucmino

I suffer badly from motion sickness and find the little sea-bands I put on my wrists with the acupressure point help greatly. I prefer to try the natural route first of all and the bands have been great and a cabin steward also said green apples were very good.

I've been sea sick twice in 13 years. I start taking meclazine the day of the cruise.I was introduced to Meclazine on the old Rotterdam in 2002. I hadn't been sick again until the Azamara cruise. I was taking my meclazine and the butler brought ginger candies and ginger ale...nothing helped until the ship stopped. The design of the "R" ships is flawed for people like me...never going back on a "R" ship again. We had a central park view on the Oasis...worlds largest ship and I never felt the ship move at all!!!!!

I've been sea sick twice in 13 years. I start taking meclazine the day of the cruise.I was introduced to Meclazine on the old Rotterdam in 2002. I hadn't been sick again until the Azamara cruise. I was taking my meclazine and the butler brought ginger candies and ginger ale...nothing helped until the ship stopped. The design of the "R" ships is flawed for people like me...never going back on a "R" ship again. We had a central park view on the Oasis...worlds largest ship and I never felt the ship move at all!!!!!

It will still move about in rough seas.

I still "felt it" on the epic which is a large ship-especially on the higher decks but I didn't feel unwell. The only place that I consistently feel sick on any size cruise ship is the dining rooms located aft. I was able to leave modernos after feeling queasy and get my wrist bands and a bonine to feel better but aft dining doesn't work for me!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Sounds like how motion sickness effects you is very individualized. I can read while in a car and do not have problems flying, but put me on a smaller ship in rough seas and I get sick. I spent hours on a whale watch off Cape Cod with my head over the rail in the back of the ship. That was where the crew was sending all of us with motion sickness. The heads were very busy on this excursion.

I was nervous about our cruise to Bermuda years ago on Empress of the Seas. She is a bit smaller and could dock in downtown Hamilton. On the return we hit rough seas and there was a lot of sickness. Not me. What worked for me was the scopolamine patch. You put it behind your ear and forget about it. I used 1/2 a patch and it worked fine. If you decided to go this route, I would check it out first with your doctor (it is prescription) and see if there are interactions if you are on other meds. I also tried it before I went on my cruise for a couple of days just to see how I felt. Even Bonine makes me sleepy. It was fine for me. It is a little more of an aggressive strategy and is not for everyone.

Yes, the motion is more noticable on smaller ships.

If you are prone to motion-sickness, book a cabin on a low deck midship. Bonine works like a charm.

When going to Bermuda, I felt more motion on the Majesty than we do on the Dawn.

This time we'll be on a higher mid-ship deck, because we want a balcony.