Carnival cruise ships tenders.

DutchCruiseFan

I agree and miss the smaller tenders at Catalina. The large tenders have a smoke stack that emit a lot of exhaust that was making some in our group nauseous from the diesel fumes. There was no where else to move to to get away from the fumes.

Try to sit/stand outside in front. There was always room there and no exhaust smell.

After waiting up to 1 hour for the 10 minute ride, you then have to wait up to 30 minutes getting off the tender. :mad:

No one we've talked to going to Catalina is happy at the change of tender service.:mad:

Edited by Rosefloater

Why are Carnival cruise ships almost never equiped with tenders?

I believe the only cruise ships of carnival having tenders are the Spirit class and the Carnival Splendor.

279_zpsaqlamobe.jpg

I guess youre referring to lifeboats 16, 18 & 20 on the Splendor as possible tenders for some ports?

Im curious if they have ever actually been used for that.

Edited by yamsi12

The only ship we have been on that used their own tender boats was the Norway from NCL. If course it's no longer in service since one of the boiler exploded and killed a couple of crew members while at the home port.

Aside from that when tenders are required, they are much larger than any we have seen on a ship, thus faster debarking.

Try to sit/stand outside in front. There was always room there and no exhaust smell.

After waiting up to 1 hour for the 10 minute ride, you then have to wait up to 30 minutes getting off the tender. :mad:

No one we've talked to going to Catalina is happy at the change of tender service.:mad:

Easy fix, come to the East coast.:D

However, I an jealous of your Hawaiian cruise. Bucket list.

The nicest ship tender I've been on was on the smallest ship we sailed, the Ocean Princess in Tahati.

The Coral Princess uses their own tenders to get you from Gatun Lake to shore in the Panama Canal.

Kind of neat to be able to be on a ship tender/lifeboat.

I wish there was a like button or award or something to give to knowledgeable cruisers and forum members (not for well known information) because you would definitely get a few from me Tapi!!!!

*like*

i agree. tapi is definitely a knowledgeable cruiser, and i typically agree with him :)

Dream class have at least two tenders...the fourth lifeboat from the front on each side are tenders. EM

Carnival Dream has one tender, it is only there on the port Side.

And i still don't understand why it is there:confused:

I wish there was a like button or award or something to give to knowledgeable cruisers and forum members (not for well known information) because you would definitely get a few from me Tapi!!!!

Thank you! I like to read anything cruise related that I can get my hands on. I guess it's not completely wasted time after all! [emoji5]️