What was your first experience booking a Suite?

We booked our first suite, as a special event when we go on Her Majesty for our last cruise on her before she is retired. We have no real expectations of cruising in a JS often in the future -- we are very happy in balcony cabins - but the only way to have a balcony on Her Majesty is in a JS and for our final sailing on her, that is just what it will be.

What was yours?

A junior suite is a nice size room, walkin closet and a nice bathroom with a tub.

There really isn't any other suite perks.

I surprised my DH with a grand Suite on the Radiance in Alaska.

Lots of suite perks. Concierge lounge, free drinks. special breakfast with Captain and officers. Special balcony in front of the ship for suite guests. Reserved seats at the shows. Priority tender- first off the ship at Icy Straight Point.

Awesome way to see Alaska! We went on a short 5 day caribbean and had to get a GS again. Suites SPOILED! Hard to go back to small room. Really enjoyed the Gold Card. We were able to get an Over-the-water cabana in Labadee. Great time.

A junior suite is a nice size room, walkin closet and a nice bathroom with a tub.

There really isn't any other suite perks.

I surprised my DH with a grand Suite on the Radiance in Alaska.

Lots of suite perks. Concierge lounge, free drinks. special breakfast with Captain and officers. Special balcony in front of the ship for suite guests. Reserved seats at the shows. Priority tender- first off the ship at Icy Straight Point.

Awesome way to see Alaska! We went on a short 5 day caribbean and had to get a GS again. Suites SPOILED! Hard to go back to small room. Really enjoyed the Gold Card. We were able to get an Over-the-water cabana in Labadee. Great time.

JS won't get the same experience as this. I think we have done 3 JS and 1 GS on RCL. The only time the JS made me feel privledged was on Oasis because of Coastal Kitchen. The one GS we had was mainly extra space, no real suite perks that I recall. It did get me a bridge tour, but now that is the norm with D+ anyway.

Enjoy your last trip on her majesty

We've sailed in mainly JS's, a few balcony's, a GS once when we had booked a suite guarantee (sorry I didn't care for it at all) but our favorite has been 5 cruise's in the RFS's on LOS & Indy...very nice.

We did a GS on the Vision in Aug 2014 for our belated Honeymoon (our first anniversary). We enjoyed it so much, my husband says it is GS or better from here on out! (I am not complaining!) We really enjoyed the Concierge services/lounge. Free drinks for happy hour, having the MDR menu every day to order for room service if we wanted, champagne for our anniversary from the concierge.... All the little things that make you feel special.

We have booked a W guarantee 3 times, once getting a GS , and twice OS. I think we paid for 2 of the upgrades, and 1 was complimentary.

My DH is so spoiled! He doesn't want to cruise in anything less than JS.

In all fairness, the thing he likes most is the bigger bathroom, but the gold card perks are also very nice with GS and higher.

We are booked in a JS on Navigator in July, but there don't seem to be many GS left, so we may finally end up in a JS. At least we'll get a bigger bathroom, bigger closet, and more space overall.

Barb

First cruise we had an ocean view cabin. We didn't want to spend too much money as we had never cruised before and we were happy with the cabin.

We got hooked on cruising and I started talking about a JS or GS. The wife thought it was too much to spend, but on the next cruise I convinced her to get a JS. The look on her face when we walked into the cabin said it all. She loved how much space we had, the walk in closet, the size of the deck, and large bathroom with a tub. Won't need to talk her into booking a suite any longer.

Craig

Our first experience booking a suite was our first cruise.

Originally we booked a 9 night trip on Explorer for April '11 in a balcony room. Then those dates ended up not working for us, so we rebooked a 10 night Explorer cruise for Nov. '11. We were able to snag a GS for only $300 total more than what we would have paid for the balcony in April, so that was a no brainer! And it was an amazing deal.

In Nov. '13 we also booked a GS on Explorer thinking we'd have a price drop, which didn't happen, but we loved having that same room.

In Nov. '14 we booked a JS on Grandeur on the aft and LOVED it. Although when we walked in we both said, "This may be a little tight." LOL. It was a great room. We've now booked a JS on Grandeur for this November and next November; both on the aft.

Since we take longer cruises, I like having more room and a bathtub. I do miss that GS though, and watch for deals. But the aft...I just love the aft.

I love reading all the stories of the enjoyment you had in your suites, along with how you came to book a suite in the first place.

I know the JS on Her Majesty does not have a walk in closet, and that matters little to me -- it will however be nice having a bathtub, only because it means the area to shower in will be a bit bigger. We are not tub users even at home.

We are taking the JS as a treat to make the final cruise on Her Majesty different than the 11 we have taken on her before.