Cruise director Marc Walker (Bing Bong)

Marc posted on his Facebook page this morning that he would be leaving EN on Monday. His post left the impression that "something had happened" internally at RC that caused his exit. Marc was our very first cruise director on Monarch and we sailed with him again on Enchantment. After 11 cruises we feel he is the best and have always compared others to him.

Does anyone know where he is going? So sad to see him go if he is leaving RC.

His regular vacation was scheduled to start mid May.

Just read his comments on FB and it is very cryptic.

His regular vacation is getting started, and perhaps the behind the scenes issues of redeployment of ships (EN in April 2016 to Miami) makes his future assignments a little less predictable than they have been in the past.....just speculating. I am sure there is some long range planning that goes on when it comes to personnel assignments. Based on reading the "Updated list of Cruise Directors" thread that is kept as up-to-date as possible by DonnaK, Marc is due back from vacation on July 13, 2015.

I have only cruised on EN once, and it was before I really understood the role a CD could have in the fun created onboard.

Edited by Paulette3028

Marc posted on his Facebook page this morning that he would be leaving EN on Monday. His post left the impression that "something had happened" internally at RC that caused his exit. Marc was our very first cruise director on Monarch and we sailed with him again on Enchantment. After 11 cruises we feel he is the best and have always compared others to him.

Does anyone know where he is going? So sad to see him go if he is leaving RC.

As others have mentioned, he is only going on vacation and will be back July 13.

He was originally scheduled to begin his break on May 18, so perhaps his leaving one week sooner caused the confusion

Edited by DonnaK

I know he lives near the port at Lake Nona and has a small child. He said on board once that he was able to see his family for a few hours twice a week. Hopefully he is just on vacation, but I could see re-deployment to another port/ship could be very disruptive to his family life. To me, he is definitely one of the best cruise directors on Royal Caribbean.

I know he lives near the port at Lake Nona and has a small child. He said on board once that he was able to see his family for a few hours twice a week. Hopefully he is just on vacation, but I could see re-deployment to another port/ship could be very disruptive to his family life. To me, he is definitely one of the best cruise directors on Royal Caribbean.

He has been with Royal a long time. I imagine just like in other companies when employees have been with them a long time they have a certain about of input into planning their future. Until there is information to the contrary, those planning a cruise on Enchantment, should look forward to Marc as CD.

Marc is not a US citizen and had to leave on his break a little early to return to London for a US Embassy appointment. But, as others have indicated, he'll return to Enchantment on schedule in July.

I hope he is sticking with RCI. Have had him on 5/6 cruises so far, and enjoyed everything he does.

Hard to say what will happen next year with the different ships coming there. I am hoping he is the CD on one of those ships as I enjoy going out of Port Canaveral and enjoy him as a CD!

He posted a follow up on FB yesterday. He is in fact going on vacation and will return in July. He stated that retirement is in his future but that he wants to celebrate his 20th anniversary with RC next summer first.