New St George Hop On-Hop Off Bus

mitsugirly

I'm working on my review now. I'm trying hard to get to the Bermuda portion soon. :)

Wait, how are you going to Bermuda in 132 days? Your countdown says the Pride in 132 days. Does it go there too?? I'm confused.

The Pride goes, out of Baltimore, to Bermuda for a five day cruise leaving 26 October.

October....eh. Isn't it too cold by then for any water activities?

On this 5 day cruise, how many days are you docked? Is it still 3 days with 1 day there and 1 day back?

October is about the same as June in Bermuda, both air temperature and water temperature. Low humidity. After the water warms up it takes a while to cool down so the water temp at the end of October is likely to be warm enough to swim. It is warmer than May. It is a good time to go. There is a chance of some hurricane activity. The most negative weather will be out of Baltimore, they can expect 50 to 60.

The bad thing is not the weather, but that it is a five day cruise and being out of Baltimore it takes 8 to 12 hours to get out of the Chesapeake Bay. to the Atlantic, ICK! Ditto on the return. So they will have one day in Bermuda. Arrive at 1:30 PM Wednesday and depart at 1:30 PM on Thursday. Not a cruise I could recommend.

Edited by Charles4515

October....eh. Isn't it too cold by then for any water activities?

On this 5 day cruise, how many days are you docked? Is it still 3 days with 1 day there and 1 day back?

We have gone in October a few times and will be again this year. Charles4515 is correct about the weather. Warm weather, with lower humidity than the summer. Water and land temperatures are higher in October than in May.

October is about the same as June in Bermuda, both air temperature and water temperature. Low humidity. After the water warms up it takes a while to cool down so the water temp at the end of October is likely to be warm enough to swim. It is warmer than May. It is a good time to go. There is a chance of some hurricane activity. The most negative weather will be out of Baltimore, they can expect 50 to 60.

The bad thing is not the weather, but that it is a five day cruise and being out of Baltimore it takes 8 to 12 hours to get out of the Chesapeake Bay. to the Atlantic, ICK! Ditto on the return. So they will have one day in Bermuda. Arrive at 1:30 PM Wednesday and depart at 1:30 PM on Thursday. Not a cruise I could recommend.

While I enjoyed cruising the Pride out of the Chesapeake Bay, I don't think I would want to do it again in such cold weather. It was freezing and windy the day we left port. Not enjoyable at all for us.

So maybe if it's still nice enough to get good weather and still be able to swim in October, I might be able to find something else or head back there on a NCL ship again during that time. Are there any other Carnival ships that go there in October-ish? (From a different port). You would think it would make more sense to sail out of S. Carolina or something to Bermuda. Isn't that a "quicker" route?

We have gone in October a few times and will be again this year. Charles4515 is correct about the weather. Warm weather, with lower humidity than the summer. Water and land temperatures are higher in October than in May.

Hmmm, you guys have me thinking now. :D