Puerto Rico on Liberty - Airport shuttle

auburn77

We have been traveling the country in a motorhome for awhile, but we are ready to get back to cruising. We are going on the Liberty out of Puerto Rico and did not know if we should pay for the Carnival shuttle from the airport (self booked flight). There are 4 of us and the fee would be $64 each way. Is it cheaper to get a cab there?

I believe a taxi was less then half of that . If you can all fit in one cab , you will be way ahead .

As I remember there were a couple of extra charges for the cabs such as luggage or late night premiums

and a tip.

Here is a rate chart . Not quite current.

https://mercruiser.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/mapa-taxi-rates.jpg

Edited by richstowe

Taxifarefinder.com will give a good idea of how much the fare will be. Luggage fees are around $2/bag.

For the return it was very easy to catch a cab.

We have been traveling the country in a motorhome for awhile, but we are ready to get back to cruising. We are going on the Liberty out of Puerto Rico and did not know if we should pay for the Carnival shuttle from the airport (self booked flight). There are 4 of us and the fee would be $64 each way. Is it cheaper to get a cab there?

I found the taxi drivers a little aggressive when i was there but it is cheaper than the cruise ship shuttle about $23.00 plus $2 per bag. I was also charged a gas tax $2, not sure why either way it was cheaper.

I used Island marketing for some tours and they have a private transfer for not that much more and looks like they use expeditions and not a van. Pretty cheap for Limo style service

Im returning in July and definitely will use them again, especially that service. I think their only problem is the amount of bags you have.