Bunk bed ladder + 7 year old = 6 stitches

In response to ragethjj23 saying it might have been because it was a cheaper category of cabin. They said they had two kids and that was why one was below on sofa and one was in bunk. Last September we sailed with four people in Grand Suite and they had a sofa and a bunk for third and fourth guest. It was the same bunk as they have in every cabin. The price or category does not have anything to do about it. We are also glad the little one is ok.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

In response to ragethjj23 saying it might have been because it was a cheaper category of cabin. They said they ha two kids and that was why one was below on sofa and one was in bunk. Last September we sailed with four people in Grand Suite and they had a sofa and a bunk for third and fourth guest. It was the same bunk as they have in every cabin. The price or category does not have anything to do about it. We are also glad the little is ok.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

Thanks for the info, I'm still a newb and have only seen bunks in is the interior with the bunks.

To the poster suggesting bigger rooms with more beds...that option is available...book 2 rooms. The cost would be about the same if they were to somehow fit 4 beds in a room, best believe you will pay for the extra space. May as well book 2 rooms and get 2 bathrooms.

Absolutely the right answer. We've always been able to find an inside across the hall for the kiddos as we are Balcony addicts. And there are always lots of connecting insides and OVs available. When our kids were the same age as OPs we booked RCCL's Mariner specifically because it had an inside connected to a Balcony available.

We are very happy with the medical staff aboard the Miracle! Not so happy with the bunk bed ladder. Just curious, any one else out there find that the rungs are spaced too far for little kids? I measured them and they are just over 16 inches apart, while normal bunk bed ladders are just over 10". If you are sailing with little ones that are sleeping on a bunk, I would recommend you walk them through the art of getting up and down to avoid such an accident!

No, my two, three and 4-year olds have done just fine with them, even at night. They tend to play on them like it is a jungle gym.

Though from the sounds of your story, it really wasn't the ladder that was the issue, it was the coffee table. We've never had a cabin configuration where the coffee table was in such close proximity to the bunk ladder.

My kids may have taken a small tumble or two, but didn't hit anything sharp so it was a non-event. Nothing a hug and a kiss couldn't cure. :)

Honestly my husband and I had more difficulty with the bunks and ladders than the kids.

Sorry for your little guy's misfortune. Accidents happen. Hope he was still able to enjoy the cruise.

We have two kids ages 9 & 8 that are experienced cruisers. The ladder is pretty steep. I am glad your child is OK.

To the other posters. No need to question the cabin choice or where the child slept. The original poster was sharing, which is what these boards are for.

We have looked for connecting rooms for the four of us and been unsuccessful. Carnival does not like to give up the connecting rooms for just four folks.

Absolutely the right answer. We've always been able to find an inside across the hall for the kiddos as we are Balcony addicts. And there are always lots of connecting insides and OVs available. When our kids were the same age as OPs we booked RCCL's Mariner specifically because it had an inside connected to a Balcony available.

Spirit class had a few of these Balcony-connecting to - Inside cabins.

We have two kids ages 9 & 8 that are experienced cruisers. The ladder is pretty steep. I am glad your child is OK.

To the other posters. No need to question the cabin choice or where the child slept. The original poster was sharing, which is what these boards are for.

We have looked for connecting rooms for the four of us and been unsuccessful. Carnival does not like to give up the connecting rooms for just four folks.

The intent of my post was not to question OPs cabin choice and I doubt that was the intent of the post I piggybacked on to. Some have suggested that because of incidents like this Cruise ships should move to bigger rooms with bigger costs for all and I take exception to that.

Irony is that we've been flamed on these boards for putting our once young kids in a room across the hall. Never occurred to me to offer a defense that it was safer because they did not have to be in bunk beds.

It was only a $200.00 difference for me to get 2 cabins with an adjoining door for our upcoming cruise, so everyone will have a bed! No bunks or trundles or small spaces to deal with. And, 2 bathrooms....:)

I've only had my son (now 10) in a bunk a few times (he likes the sofa bed better), but each time his bed was sideways above ours, so we ditched the ladder and let him climb up, and jump down, via our king bed below, seemed much safer (our bed didn't hurt when he landed). No shoes of course.

Those ladders always looked sketchy to me, and they take up space, so we'd have the cabin attendant take it away the first day.

We had to use the ships doctor for the first time on our last cruise. An office visit was $129, which I have to say I was surprised it wasn't higher. He also got 4 different kinds of mess (husband sinus infection) and the bill was $189 total.

Wow, we have a high-deductible health plan and use the Health Savings Account to pay cash at the doctor on land. A standard doctor's visit on land is also $129 for us. I expected the doctor's visits on the ship would cost a lot more. Actually glad to see it cost about the same as on land.