Suite Canapes - what are you given?

spideygirl

Well we are off on Friday for a week to Fjords in a Suite for the first time (offered a great upgrade deal :)) Wondered what the canapés were each day? My hubby is a non meat eater and wondered if that is worth mentioning to them? or is there no choice in what they bring?

They WILL bring you vegetarian canapes, but in my experince they are dire eg a small disc of cheddar with a half grape on top of a disc of dried up bread. To be fair though, we haven't cruised with P&O for several years,so perhaps they've upped their game where vegetarian canapes are concerned - but somehow I doubt it!

Edited by cruiseluvva

They WILL bring you vegetarian canapes, but in my experince they are dire eg a small disc of cheddar with a half grape on top of a disc of dried up bread. To be fair though, we haven't cruised with P&O for several years,so perhaps they've upped their game where vegetarian canapes are concerned - but somehow I doubt it!

No they are still very similar!!!

Some I like, some I don't. just fills a very very tiny gap until dinner at 8.30pm.

No they are still very similar!!!

Some I like, some I don't. just fills a very very tiny gap until dinner at 8.30pm.

I like the ones with the Rye bread at the bottom, I think it goes with the king prawns. We have had hot ones last year.

I like the G&T we have with them. :) :)

I like the ones with the Rye bread at the bottom, I think it goes with the king prawns. We have had hot ones last year.

I like the G&T we have with them. :) :)

Unfortunately I don't eat prawns - king or otherwise - nor drink gin!

Those for carnivores were okay-ish, but for vegetatians they certainly were poor!

Edited by cruiseluvva

Unfortunately I don't eat prawns - king or otherwise - nor drink gin!

Those for carnivores were okay-ish, but for vegetatians they certainly were poor!

Might stretch to a single malt if you do not like gin. Or tea.

It does vary from ship to ship. Previously we've found many of them were some form of cheese but on Oceana in March our butler asked if there was anything we didn't like. I don't eat cheese and we did have some very good ones this time, especially the King Prawns - sorry Gill!

We found nearly all the canapés to be awful usually dried up the only nice ones were the chocolate dipped strawberries and only got them once in 14 days.

The majority of them didn't get the cling film cover removed before the Butler took them away (and you see plenty of uneaten ones on his trolley)

Not sure why they bother because I rarely hear of anyone liking them.