RCCL Harmony 10/23/2016 Transatlantic

Hi All,

We are the friends saffikins (Karen & Antoinette) mentioned earlier in this thread. We are Don & Greg from Durham, NC. Just thought we would pop in and say "hi".

We should definitely get together early on in the trip and talk...that is the best thing about transatlantics...there is a huge opportunity to meet and get to know people fairly well (at least compared to other types of cruises). Also, I can't imagine us getting bored with so many different things to do onboard.

Looking forward to planning this cruise with everyone!

Don & Greg

Don and Greg:

Good to have you with us! Dick's son is a cop in Durham.

D&J

Hi All,

We are the friends saffikins (Karen & Antoinette) mentioned earlier in this thread. We are Don & Greg from Durham, NC. Just thought we would pop in and say "hi".

We should definitely get together early on in the trip and talk...that is the best thing about transatlantics...there is a huge opportunity to meet and get to know people fairly well (at least compared to other types of cruises). Also, I can't imagine us getting bored with so many different things to do onboard.

Don & Greg

Hi you guys! Fancy meeting you on here. [emoji2]

Hi All,

Don & Greg

Welcome Tarheels! Graduated UNC Chapel Hill here twice and my brother lives in Durham! Looking forward to meeting y'all.

It is nice to see that this thread is so active, considering it is a G&L Roll Call and that the cruise is still so far out.

I am not sure if I have the time to devote to the regular roll call for this cruise...anyone else checked in yet over on that one?

diknjoe and MisterMom, look forward to talking to you about the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area...perhaps there will be some people that we all know!

Has anyone planned excursions yet? Perhaps I should peak at the regular roll call and see.

Don

It is nice to see that this thread is so active, considering it is a G&L Roll Call and that the cruise is still so far out.

I am not sure if I have the time to devote to the regular roll call for this cruise...anyone else checked in yet over on that one?

diknjoe and MisterMom, look forward to talking to you about the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area...perhaps there will be some people that we all know!

Has anyone planned excursions yet? Perhaps I should peak at the regular roll call and see.

Don

Good luck with that, it's 3,000 posts and counting. At least 90% are not specifically related to the ship, cruise, hotels or air. Mostly folks getting to know each other. Only a couple of excursions so far.

Joe and I have been to Barcelona 3 times, and Malaga twice. We usually just wander around after a bit of research and see what we want to see.

DD&J

Good luck with that, it's 3,000 posts and counting. At least 90% are not specifically related to the ship, cruise, hotels or air. Mostly folks getting to know each other. Only a couple of excursions so far.

Joe and I have been to Barcelona 3 times, and Malaga twice. We usually just wander around after a bit of research and see what we want to see.

DD&J

Agreed. Love the cruise-specific chatter but most everything else is noise, unfortunately.

We have a South American booked for January so planning for that now. However, I hear Alhambra is a must-see.

Agreed. Love the cruise-specific chatter but most everything else is noise, unfortunately.

We have a South American booked for January so planning for that now. However, I hear Alhambra is a must-see.

Yes, I dip in now and again on there as I'm afraid I might miss something interesting, but it mostly seems to be general chatter and it appears there is a core group who already know each other from previous cruises, which is great for them to catch up.

Maybe we will all organise something cruise specific as we get closer to sail date. We have been to both Barcelona and Malaga several times (the joys of living in the UK) so are quite relaxed about doing stuff when we visit those ports.

We have a Suez Canal transit cruise on Ovation in May (assuming things settle down a little politically in that area) so concentrating on that before even thinking about this one.

Hope everyone is looking forward to the holiday season , just off outside now to hang fairy lights [emoji6]

Edited by saffikins

Alhambra should not be missed. It's a bit of a " Schlep" from Malaga, and the closest city, Grenada is nice as well.

D&J

Hello,

Been a while since I posted. We booked our flights on American Oct 19 with miles. Still need to find a hotel for Oct 20-23. Very excited and looking at excursion options. Anyone interested in planning non-RCL excursions?

Dale and Mark

Glad to hear you already booked your flights. We also booked our flights yesterday. We will be in Barcelona same time as yours. We booked an apartment for four people as our friends are joining the cruise though they are still not fully decided. We are happy to join non-RCL excursion if any. Or even pre cruise excursions on Barcelona.

Ci & Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

Been a while since I posted. We booked our flights on American Oct 19 with miles. Still need to find a hotel for Oct 20-23. Very excited and looking at excursion options. Anyone interested in planning non-RCL excursions?

Dale and Mark

Welcome to our happy crew. Dick and Joe here from Winter Haven. Good to have you with us!

D&J

I'm booked on the Harmony TA and the cruise after. Just recently moved to Sacramento and thankfully, booked this cruise way far in advanced as the prices seems to be selling out ( or at least the cheap-er cabins have been sold out). Will be sailing by myself as my boyfriend cannot take that long to get off work this time around. Looking forward to seeing all the high tech advantages that she will be featuring. Remember, for all the new cruisers on the cruise, they typically have "Friends of Dorothy" someplace, either on their daily schedule (Aka daily compass) or at their "bulletin board", using by guest relations desk for the daily gay get-togethers.

Good Morning all. Hope everyone is doing great.

I'm booked on the Harmony TA and the cruise after. Just recently moved to Sacramento and thankfully, booked this cruise way far in advanced as the prices seems to be selling out ( or at least the cheap-er cabins have been sold out). Will be sailing by myself as my boyfriend cannot take that long to get off work this time around. Looking forward to seeing all the high tech advantages that she will be featuring. Remember, for all the new cruisers on the cruise, they typically have "Friends of Dorothy" someplace, either on their daily schedule (Aka daily compass) or at their "bulletin board", using by guest relations desk for the daily gay get-togethers.

Welcome to the thread

• 2 weeks later...
Happy new year everyone haven't checked in a while! Hopefully the year passes quickly and I can meet you all for a cocktail by the pool bar soon [emoji483][emoji483][emoji483]

(Forgive my spelling) "Aye- a wee dokin doris, befor we gang awa!"

o; D&J

• 3 weeks later...

Don

My partner Brad and I (Michael) will be on board from the 3-day from Rome to Barcelona and then the crossing. Hope to meet this group.

Welcome to our happy crew. Dick and Joe here from Winter Haven. Good to have you with us!

D&J

Our favorite hotel in Barcelona is the Hotel Continental right on Las Ramblas. It's tacky chic with free food, wine, beer and soft drinks plus free wifi. We are booked but will have to cancel since we booked the 3-day from Rome to Barcelona.

Our favorite hotel in Barcelona is the Hotel Continental right on Las Ramblas. It's tacky chic with free food, wine, beer and soft drinks plus free wifi. We are booked but will have to cancel since we booked the 3-day from Rome to Barcelona.

I think we may have cruised with you before. Good to see you again. We booked The Continental as well. CYA on board.

D&J

• 2 weeks later...