RCCL Harmony 10/23/2016 Transatlantic

Has everyone done TA's before? This will only be my second and first for my partner.

Mark and Dale

This will be Derrell's and my second. Our first was last fall on the Oasis of the Seas post-refurbishment / dry dock in Rotterdam. I posted several pictures in my Oasis review (link in signature line below - the TA pics starts well into the review).

We met so many great people on this one so, therefore, weren't bored once. I would get a little cabin fever; Derrell would want to stay in the cabin. I just had to walk around the ship and would find someone to hang out with! Really hoping for the same on this journey - from the participants on this roll call, I'm optimistic!

This will be Derrell's and my second. Our first was last fall on the Oasis of the Seas post-refurbishment / dry dock in Rotterdam. I posted several pictures in my Oasis review (link in signature line below - the TA pics starts well into the review).

We met so many great people on this one so, therefore, weren't bored once. I would get a little cabin fever; Derrell would want to stay in the cabin. I just had to walk around the ship and would find someone to hang out with! Really hoping for the same on this journey - from the participants on this roll call, I'm optimistic!

We have had similar experiences no matter the size of the ship. Always a friendly face somewhere. We have even arranged to share dinner and even breakfast with other "family", tour together, shows. We are never bored, or alone on a TA, unless we want it that way .

D&J

Has everyone done TA's before? This will only be my second and first for my partner.

Mark and Dale

We have done 2 so far and love the TA value for money plus I love sea days as like to party hard and late ;) so don't like to worry about having to get up too early and get off the ship if we are in port! We are booked on the independence transatlantic in May which we did last year and met some amazing people who have rebooked so that will b number 3 and this will be number 4 :)

It's our first one.... I have wanted to do one for ages, but my partner was adamant that she wasn't going to do it.... All those sea days and no land in sight just didn't appeal....... But I guess my powers of persuasion are better than I thought [emoji6]

Karen

Karen,

This will be our second TA. We loved the first one, Barcelona to San Juan.....but it was only 6 sea days. This one will be much better. We much prefer westbound TA. You get an extra night's sleep almost every night as the ship crosses a time zone. It would be a no brainer for us if RCCL offered a 7 or 10 day cruise cruise from FLL and it made a big loop in the ocean and came back to FLL with no ports of call. We LOVE sea days.

As this will be, by far, the largest ship we have ever been on, we are sure there will be plenty to keep us entertained.

Robert

Edited by twonpcb

Robert,

do you mean an extra hours sleep rather than a nights every night? Could make for a very long cruise..... Lol

We have been on both Oasis and Allure, there is definitely plenty to keep us busy, I too love sea days, sleeping late and complete relaxation!

Btw, I think we might have a mutual acquaintance / friend, called Shane ( from PCB but now living in Nashville)?

Edited by saffikins

We have had similar experiences no matter the size of the ship. Always a friendly face somewhere. We have even arranged to share dinner and even breakfast with other "family", tour together, shows. We are never bored, or alone on a TA, unless we want it that way .

D&J

That's good to hear. My first was solo on Splendour of the Seas. I was a little leery of booking such a long one solo but the roll call thread for that cruise was part of the reason I booked. There were other solos and everyone seemed interested to meet others and have fun. I ended up with a 'core' group to hang out with, and many others that were "Always a friendly face somewhere." I was wondering if it would be different on an Oasis class ship.

We are currently scheduled for MTD.

Definitely love the value of a TA :)

!

I think I read some negative reviews on this cruise. Sounds like it was good for you?

Mark

Robert,

do you mean an extra hours sleep rather than a nights every night? Could make for a very long cruise..... Lol

An extra night of sleep could be a good thing :)

One of my most favorite work trips was to Manchester. I had a free weekend and I loved it.

I think I read some negative reviews on this cruise. Sounds like it was good for you?

Mark

It was great for us.

IMHO, the biggest cause of "problems" was the weather. Due to hazardous weather, we stayed on a northerly route and weather wasn't warm enough to be out on deck. So,

• thousands of people cooped up indoors
  • Opal Theatre closed during the day for Cats rehearsals
  • Studio B closed incorporating a new skater
  • all leading no spaces large enough to hold everyone

Folks got antsy, bored, crowded. I just needed some good food, drinks, friends so we were good! First world problems. LOL

It wouldn't be Friday without you. Unfortunately, retirement makes TGIF less meaningful. It's always nice to get a smile from the happy little guy with the paint brush.

D&J

must be nice when everyday is TGIF :D:D. Hope you guys are doing well

Poking my head in to say hello. Have Oasis and Allure cruises coming up soon and one board has over 6000 post so far. Little busy keeping up with them right now. I will do better in a couple months. Sorry I didn't take the time to look up this room earlier my bad. Mark and Bennett here and I know at least one other from here will be on the Allure TA with us this Oct.

Hey everyone, Happy TGIF :D

Poking my head in to say hello. Have Oasis and Allure cruises coming up soon and one board has over 6000 post so far. Little busy keeping up with them right now. I will do better in a couple months. Sorry I didn't take the time to look up this room earlier my bad. Mark and Bennett here and I know at least one other from here will be on the Allure TA with us this Oct.

Hey guys, Happy Sailing. Those are two of my favorite ships