moved from stateroom without notification

ellopoppet

In August 2014 I booked a cruise for my family vacation leaving in May 2015. There are 8 of us. I booked three balcony cabins on deck 10 forward, next to each other and one across from us. I was given my cabin #'s at that time. In Feb 2015 I added the beverage package to two of my balcony rooms. At the end of April 2015 I was allowed to register online (1 month ahead). When I printed my boarding passes I noticed two of the rooms were now on deck 9 aft. I called my travel agent and was told that when I added the beverage package to my trip I was moved. They have since given my two balcony rooms next to my son and across from my daughter away to other patrons. My travel agent found two alternate rooms for me on deck 10 forward but not next to my other family members. My travel agent reached out to the other patrons and they declined to switch with me so I can be with the rest of my family. They told my travel agent they will switch if they get two mini suites. My travel agent agreed to give them the mini suites and absorb the cost. The other patrons did not like the deck the mini-suites are on so they declined to move. My family and I leave on Sunday 5/24/15. I am very very upset that my family is not together as planned. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It sounds like your travel agent screwed up when they re-booked you to get the promo. It is likely too late to get all cabins together. But perhaps you can persuade them to upgrade two cabins to minisuites at no cost to you and move the other two to somewhere nearby? If fully booked, then you should at least try to cajole your travel agent into OBC for this inconvenience they caused.... Good luck.

Terry

It looks like you in essence rebooked your cruise for those 2cabins when you added the free UBP promotion .. When doing so there is a chance that in those minutes while canceling and rebooking , your original cabins were snatched up as they showed available ...your TA should have warned you that this was a possibility and also noticed that it did indeed occur ...with the new booking you should have received a new invoice which under cabin info lists your cabin number ... At least you are geographically close

Never use that travel agent again, might be the top suggestion. Perhaps making your own bookings in the future so you can have control over the cabins. So, that IF you want to pick up promos that weren't with your original booking you can make sure the person you're talking to on the phone will immediately re-book you in the cabins you want.

What to do for your cruise? Just meet up at breakfast and plan your day that way. You don't have to be connected at the hip with everyone in your group.

Thanks Terry. Supposedly Norwegian is still looking into trying to move us all together. We are leaving in 3 days I hope they can work something out for my family to be together. Norwegian offered me $50.00 OBC.

This happened to me when I booked 4 cabins and a few months later found a better deal and called to get lower price. I did this directly through ncl. They never told me my rooms would be changed. When i got off the phone and looked at the confirmation I noticed the change.. Different rooms all separated. I called back and they were able to place us back but said anytime you adjust the reservation they have to cancel and rebook, and the rooms may change. Can't trust anyone but must be diligent yourself. You will have a wonderful time anyway! And now maybe your post will help the next person ;) Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks Terry. Supposedly Norwegian is still looking into trying to move us all together. We are leaving in 3 days I hope they can work something out for my family to be together. Norwegian offered me $50.00 OBC.

Are you on the BA? I'm on the same cruise. Don't worry about it. Enjoy the cruise.

That is awesome that NCL is offering OBC and trying to make this right since it was clearly the TA that screwed up.

That is awesome that NCL is offering OBC and trying to make this right since it was clearly the TA that screwed up.

Probably the agent footing the $50 under the pretence that is Norwegians fault, to make a b/s 'blaming the cruise line' story seem more believable.

Call me a cynic. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The thing that rings odd here is the idea that the TA somehow could not only identify who was in the original cabins, but the TA was able to contact and negotiate a potential move with these people.

That simply does not happen.

There is no way that a TA can see who is in another cabin, and no way that a TA could access another guest's contact information. Unless...it was your TA who personally booked these people into the original room. That would be the ONLY way this might occur.

It really sounds to me as though the TA is feeding you a line. I'd shop elsewhere.

The thing that rings odd here is the idea that the TA somehow could not only identify who was in the original cabins, but the TA was able to contact and negotiate a potential move with these people.

There is no way that a TA can see who is in another cabin, and no way that a TA could access another guest's contact information. Unless...it was your TA who personally booked these people into the original room. That would be the ONLY way this might occur.

It really sounds to me as though the TA is feeding you a line. I'd shop elsewhere.

I'll second that, sounds like they are trying to cover their tracks with an elaborate story. KICK OFF WITH THEM!

Edited by andrewjb1

Have you asked then directly (preferably over email) to confirm in writing who's error it is, indicating that you intend to persue Norwegian directly for some form of redress. May make them sit up a little.

I have purely enjoyed my bookings and re-re-booking with NCL. They are always fast, always friendly and speak perfect English. They make sure I have exactly what I want before they are done.

If the rooms booked were part of the TA's room block, that could happen. I suspect that is exactly what happened. TA had a block, OP re-booked, and the re-booking agent paid absolutely no attention to the fact that OP had selected rooms, and instead, just allowed them to be auto assigned rooms within the TA block. And the OP original rooms were then booked to others by the same TA. Sloppy, sloppy work.

Terry

We had a similar misadventure with booking 2 years ago. I'd booked almost a year and a half previously with an airline-affiliated TA. I took pains to get connecting balcony minisuites for the 6 of us on Jewel, even managed to keep the same rooms when NCL swapped Jewel and Pearl's itineraries (because of charter business I think).

In any case all was well when I called my TA to make final payment--but the next day was told that NCL had, in changing my status to "paid in full", somehow "accidentally" (the TA's words) changed the date of the booking to a different month, ship, and itinerary! In addition "somehow", in the brief time period before correcting that error, my originally booked cabins had become unavailable and they had moved me to 2 "equivalent" minisuites elsewhere on the same deck (11).

The SkyMiles rep and an NCL supervisor did understand and apologize for my inconvenience, and I was offered the choice of keeping the 2 newly booked adjacent (but non-connected) minisuites with a modest OBC, or being rebooked into 2 connecting balconies which were smaller cabins on a lower deck. I did accept the former option, but still feel a bit put out that someone poached "my" cabins, and that my 14 months of holding that booking had been tossed aside so easily--especially when it wasn't even a cancel/rebook situation like yours! (In the end it turned out great--our steward opened the balcony connecting panel, and it was left open the whole cruise--even though our balconies were in full view of the bridge!)

If the rooms booked were part of the TA's room block, that could happen. I suspect that is exactly what happened. TA had a block, OP re-booked, and the re-booking agent paid absolutely no attention to the fact that OP had selected rooms, and instead, just allowed them to be auto assigned rooms within the TA block. And the OP original rooms were then booked to others by the same TA. Sloppy, sloppy work.

Terry

Except for the fact that the room are not "auto assigned" and being part of the TA's block, the TA has total control and could simply move the OP back to their original rooms and tell the new people "Sorry, those rooms were already spoken for".

No excuse for the TA not seeing the change in rooms in the first place. Taking care of the booking IS what they are being PAID for.

Have you asked then directly (preferably over email) to confirm in writing who's error it is, indicating that you intend to persue Norwegian directly for some form of redress. May make them sit up a little.

As it was booked through a TA there is no redress or anything Norwegian can do or should do. Norwegian is at NO FAULT here. It's the TA.

That's why when one books with a TA NCL won't even talk to them. They have to go through their TA who then needs to talk to NCL.

Harriet