Another room question.

Crabby_Cruiser

Hello, I'll be going on my first Princess cruise and have booked a room on the Riviera deck, somewhere around under the Horizon Court (R600's, I think). Can anyone tell me if this will be a very noisy room? My husband and I aren't particularly light sleepers but I am getting worried that we'll be kept awake by chairs scraping and such. Thank you!

Hello, I'll be going on my first Princess cruise and have booked a room on the Riviera deck, somewhere around under the Horizon Court (R600's, I think). Can anyone tell me if this will be a very noisy room? My husband and I aren't particularly light sleepers but I am getting worried that we'll be kept awake by chairs scraping and such. Thank you!

The 600-700 area is good, mostly carpet in the buffet, no noise that we ever heard.

If you can get in the 700's that's where we try and be. There is an aft door to the pool area then one deck up outside to the bar/buffet. Great location.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The 600-700 area is good, mostly carpet in the buffet, no noise that we ever heard.

If you can get in the 700's that's where we try and be. There is an aft door to the pool area then one deck up outside to the bar/buffet. Great location.

I had called and tried to change rooms but they wanted to charge me more and then couldn't give me any rooms to choose from (it was basically an up-charge for a GTY room):rolleyes:

Anyway, thank you for your input. We don't mind walking a little further to get up one floor. I was mainly concerned about noise levels.

I had called and tried to change rooms but they wanted to charge me more and then couldn't give me any rooms to choose from (it was basically an up-charge for a GTY room):rolleyes:

Anyway, thank you for your input. We don't mind walking a little further to get up one floor. I was mainly concerned about noise levels.

Better mark the booking no upgrade or at least "META UPGRADE" only to the next higher category. ;)

We prefer Riviera deck, either far forward or aft. Under buffet is generally good (although you will stop in buffet many times on the way to the pool area). The areas under the pools tend to have people dragging stacks of loungers around at 3 AM so they can clean the decks. For those ships with an aft pool this is very convenient.

Try not to be adjacent to a self-service laundry, either. Some folks have complained about noise there. This can be true on any deck.

Another point - the muster station are all on deck 7, so it is a LONG climb back up since you can't get near the elevators.

Edited by LeeW
another point

Try not to be adjacent to a self-service laundry, either. Some folks have complained about noise there. This can be true on any deck.

Another point - the muster station are all on deck 7, so it is a LONG climb back up since you can't get near the elevators.

Oh dear, I think we're a few doors down from the laundry. Hopefully not too many people on my cruise will want to wash their clothes.:p

And we don't mind climbing stairs, it helps offset all the food.:D

Oh dear, I think we're a few doors down from the laundry. Hopefully not too many people on my cruise will want to wash their clothes.:p

And we don't mind climbing stairs, it helps offset all the food.:D

We have never had an issue near the laundry.

You should be fine with being in a quiet area, especially if your cabin is aft of the aft elevators/stairs. I really like the convenience of cabins in the 600s-700s because of the proximity to the elevators/stairs. I also like being aftward on Rivera deck to be able to get to the outdoors via the door at the aft end of the corridor. The pool back there is for adults only, and a great place to hang out when the weather is good,

I have never had a noise related problem by being near the self-service laundries, nor being close to elevators/stairs.

Thank you all for the reassuring posts. Like I said, this is our first Princess cruise and I'm bringing along my MIL and FIL (which this will be their first cruise ever). And I was put in charge with picking the rooms and I thought I had done well by picking such a high deck (cause come on, who doesn't try to impress their MIL just a little bit;)).

But then when I saw where we all were actually located, I started to get a little worried. Now I can board with confidence, haha!