From MSN... 11 reasons you should never, ever cruise

Bevv

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/11-reasons-you-should-never-ever-take-a-cruise/ss-AAcum0?ocid=ASUDHP#image=12

hmm.. what a title.

and strange reasoning... like #11

"Mental health challenges such as depression can be exacerbated by loneliness and social isolation aboard ship, as well as by the absence of counseling resources and social safety nets. Klein’s CruiseJunkie.com reports that 23 cruise-ship passengers went overboard in 2012 – including a number of alleged or observed suicides."

So 23 people overboard including suicides out of 12 million or so means that you should not take a cruise?

If a personal is lonely or socially isolated on a ship, it's pretty much they're own doing. I mostly sail solo, and the beauty of solo cruising is that you can be around people (lots of them) or not. Who would expect cruise ships to have a mental health professional onboard?

Roz

Truly, hysterical. An ambulance chasing attorney (well, whatever is the equivalent for a maritime lawyer) is quoted. Also the cruise junkie guy (he's the one who collects on board injuries and illnesses -- even an incident from a cruise we were on was listed -- but of course, doesn't list all the cruises on which nothing serious happens).

You can easily get noro from a flight, which may be the way many who are sick on a cruise get infected (and then the virus doesn't show up until after the cruise starts). You can get bed bugs from any hotel. You can get a sun burn just from working in your garden. You can be at risk by drinking in a bar (and at least on a cruise ship, you're not driving afterwards).

I remember a couple of cruises ago, had a wonderful time got off the ship, onto a plane and guess what - the person next to me was as sick as a dog. Coughing, sneezing and spluttering in a really bad way and surprise surprise, 4 days later I come down with the Flu, not a cold, actual Influenza. So Cruisin' Chick is right - coming down with a bad 'bug' can happen anywhere there are groups of people, not just cruise ships.