New promo actually gives choice!

I just called NCL and was able to cancel and reinstate my March 2016 booking on the Escape and was able to apply the new promo credit. Same price, same stateroom, better promo credit! Love it!:)

I'm happy to read this. We are booked for April 2016 in a mini suite and currently have the $100 OBC. I'm thinking we are better off with the $75 shore excursions. We are stopping at 3 ports. So it's $75 per port?

I'm on the 11 day Panama and when I booked it also didn't include the UBP.

However, I don't think I'm going to rebook.

I'm in a suite so I have:

$200 OBC

UDP (they pay the 18% gratuity)

Pre-Paid gratuities

$75.00 Shore excursion per port.

If I cancelled and rebooked I'd have:

UDP - (I have to pay 18% gratuity)

UBP - (I have to pay 18% gratuity)

$75.00 Shore excursion per port

Free 250 min. Wifi.

As I'll have the CAS drinking card and am not a big drinker anyway, for me, I think I'm better keeping what I have.

Harriet

Suites and Haven do not have to pay service charges or gratuity. They are included. so if the price is about the same or less you would be getting ahead by rebooking.

My husband and I enjoy a few drinks on our cruises, and we usually stay in suites with our two youngsters. (thus the drinks!) So I am thrilled to have the UPB back in any way, shape or form. However I am noticing some significant differences, although I am not complaining.

-UBP is for the first two people, but pax 3+ no longer get soda package.

-UDP is for the first 2 people, but pax 3+ no longer get UDP.

Both of the above no longer include the 18% gratuity unless you are in a suite.

I am NOT complaining. I am thrilled with the new promos. The ones a couple months ago were a bit over the top and they will probably not make that mistake again. SUper glad I booked two cruises back then, but will definitely book another with these new promos, as UBP for me and DH is worth a good $500 for us.

I did a mock booking in the Haven, and the extra 18% was not on there. Interesting.

This is why:

*Service Charge added at time of booking (Excluding Suites & The Haven). For a 7-day cruise that charge is; Ultimate Dining-$21.42, Ultimate Beverage-$68.04, Soda Package-$8.19

Suites and Haven do not have to pay service charges or gratuity. They are included. so if the price is about the same or less you would be getting ahead by rebooking.

I am very happy with our promo. We booked back in April and all 3 in our 2 bedroom Haven suite got the UDP, 1 & 2 got the UBP and passenger 3 got the soda package, we got the free gratuities for 1 & 2 and we got a $300 OBC and passenger 3 sails for free.

However, I just did a dummy booking . Our total price has gone up by over $700. The per person price is up $300 per person and that also bumps up the insurance premiums. I would be very careful before I rebooked anything.

NCL I know you're reading here so let me say...

THANK YOU!

As a solo cruiser we have repeatedly been skipped from promotions with lame offers of $25 OBC. For cruises where you pay 175 - 200% for a cabin (older ships) to go solo, the OBC was a slap in the face. This new promotion steps it up a notch so thank you for doing that. :D

I do hope that one day NCL will offer people who sail solo on their older ships in interior accommodations a little bit better deals but I'll take what is out there. Studios should be treated separately as their pricing is largely on par with a regular interior per person fare or about 125% of that interior fare. I would love for the UBP and UDP be offered to solos who book the interiors on smaller ships with no studio cabins! Just a thought but loving this new promotion... thanks again! :)

I'm in a suite so I have:

$200 OBC

UDP (they pay the 18% gratuity)

Pre-Paid gratuities (DSC)

$75.00 Shore excursion per port.

If I cancelled and rebooked I'd have:

UDP - (I have to pay 18% gratuity)

UBP - (I have to pay 18% gratuity)

$75.00 Shore excursion per port

Free 250 min. Wifi.

I don't think I'd be ahead by rebooking. As I'm NOT a big drinker and I already have the CAS drinking card I can get drinks there as well as water, coffee, and energy drinks if I wish. I'd lose the $200.00 OBC and I'd lose the paid DSC for 11 days. The free 250 min of internet isn't important becauese CAS removes those charges from my bill anyway.

Still, the $200 OBC and the free DSC for 11 days = $328.90. A total of $528.90 and I still have the CAS drinking card plus the $75.00 excursions and the UDP. I think I'm better off with what I have.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

NCL I know you're reading here so let me say...

THANK YOU!

As a solo cruiser we have repeatedly been skipped from promotions with lame offers of $25 OBC. For cruises where you pay 175 - 200% for a cabin (older ships) to go solo, the OBC was a slap in the face. This new promotion steps it up a notch so thank you for doing that. :D

I do hope that one day NCL will offer people who sail solo on their older ships in interior accommodations a little bit better deals but I'll take what is out there. Studios should be treated separately as their pricing is largely on par with a regular interior per person fare or about 125% of that interior fare. I would love for the UBP and UDP be offered to solos who book the interiors on smaller ships with no studio cabins! Just a thought but loving this new promotion... thanks again! :)

?????????????

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Cruisinmaterial, you're a better person than I am. When I pay over $1500 for my studio room, I feel I should be offered any and all promotions. It should be price paid per person. Period. Two people in a room get two promotions, not one. So, solos should not be constantly excluded.

Edited by mrobstad

very happy I rebooked when we did...currently have 3 trips set- thanksgiving 15, thanksgiving 16, and Jan 2017 (will probably drop one of the last two) ...but booked Family Suites (SJ) on Dawn and Star...got UDP for all 5 of us, UBP for the two adults, soda for the others, free pre paid service gratuities, 1/2 guests 3-5, and 100-300 OBC.