New promo actually gives choice!

So last moth I complained how the promo was lame. This month and next month it looks like NCL has done a much better job with the promos.

1. They are offering studios and insides a choice of promos so they are no longer stuck with just a lame $25 OBC.

2. They have a nice grid on their site now that shows which promos are good for studios and insides and which are available for ocean view, balcony and mini suite.

3. They have mini-suite on that grid so that should cut down on confusion that mini-suites get all the promo offers just because it has the word "suite" in it.

4. The studio and inside promo codes work even if you book a ocean view or above. At first I was wondering why you would do this but then I thought that this is a great option for people who don't drink or don't want to pay the gratuity for UBP to just get the soda package for free. Same thing for people who don't want to eat specialty every night or don't want to pay gratuity, all they need to do is choose the dining credit and they get $50 a person to spend how they wish!

Overall a great promo that lasts till July 31st. If you haven't booked I would now because I have a feeling that the August promo will be lame again!

Looking to book with the June Promotion....Actually looking at booking a Haven suite for 4 adults.

Exactly what will be given as part of the promotion....what do the first 2 get as opposed to the 3rd and 4th person?

Any insight would be appreciated.

PS I understand gratuities for the beverage and dining package are no longer included. Is this also true?

Thanks,

Joe

Looking to book with the June Promotion....Actually looking at booking a Haven suite for 4 adults.

Exactly what will be given as part of the promotion....what do the first 2 get as opposed to the 3rd and 4th person?

PS I understand gratuities for the beverage and dining package are no longer included. Is this also true?

Thanks,

Joe

I can only answer the UBP question, I was looking this morning and what happens is after you choose the room and the package, there is an additional line item in the summary of charges so it says:

total guest $$

choice promo package gratuities $$

taxes, port fees $$

then gives the totall

1. They are offering studios and insides a choice of promos so they are no longer stuck with just a lame $25 OBC.

2. They have a nice grid on their site now that shows which promos are good for studios and insides and which are available for ocean view, balcony and mini suite.

4. The studio and inside promo codes work even if you book a ocean view or above. At first I was wondering why you would do this but then I thought that this is a great option for people who don't drink or don't want to pay the gratuity for UBP to just get the soda package for free. Same thing for people who don't want to eat specialty every night or don't want to pay gratuity, all they need to do is choose the dining credit and they get $50 a person to spend how they wish!

Where is the grid and what does the Insides get now besides the $25?

Nevermind I see it now.

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

Thanks,

Joe

From ncl.com:

http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15

So with 4 in a suite, only the first two get the UBP or UDP, the others get nothing? Is there a way to assign the promotion to the occupant in the suite? like UBP for the guys and UDP for the women? or is it all based on who is listed as number 1 and number 2?

So with 4 in a suite, only the first two get the UBP or UDP, the others get nothing? Is there a way to assign the promotion to the occupant in the suite? like UBP for the guys and UDP for the women? or is it all based on who is listed as number 1 and number 2?

Whoever is listed as passenger 1 and passenger 2 get the UDP and the UBP.

Harriet

I just did a mock booking for an inside cabin with the special dining credit and they charged me $42 for the service charge. Ah, no thanks NCL.

I did a mock booking in the Haven, and the extra 18% was not on there. Interesting.

I just called NCL and was able to cancel and reinstate my March 2016 booking on the Escape and was able to apply the new promo credit. Same price, same stateroom, better promo credit! Love it!:)

Not sure when you booked.....

but how is this promo in June/July better than the promo's from February, March, and April?

Harriet

I just did a mock booking for an inside cabin with the special dining credit and they charged me $42 for the service charge. Ah, no thanks NCL.

Whoops, I didn't go that far in my mock bookings. Looks like there is a service charge for both the dining credit and soda package. $42 is a little high. 18% gratuity for $100 is only $18! Wonder if the "service charge" is gratuity or if they'll hit people with that also.

Not sure when you booked.....

but how is this promo in June/July better than the promo's from February, March, and April?

Harriet

If they have a studio or inside room all they got was $25 OBC. If their price went down they could get a extra perk like soda package, shore ex, internet minutes for free or reduced charge.

The previous UDP covered all persons in the cabin and did not include 18%

This one covers less and has the 18%

Still better than the Unlimited dining Credit of the most recent ended promo which gave $75 for the whole cruise to spend.

That is interesting. I wonder why

Same reason they give all four benefits to book suites, I imagine -- to encourage the booking of suites. On a cruise I'm looking at, the price difference between the highest mini-suite and the lowest suite is $2100. So, they get their money one way or another!

Calling my PCC... It appears this one includes a choice of UBP on TransAtlantic cruises, which the prior promos didn't. Even though our overall cruise fare will be $430 more for the 2 of us, that still saves us $800 over what we would spend buying the UBP (which we would have.)

EDITED: DONE!! At first our PCC told us it doesn't apply on TransAtlantics. We told him that on our mock booking it did, so he tried it and it worked! Yay!

Edited by LrgPizza

Calling my PCC... It appears this one includes a choice of UBP on TransAtlantic cruises, which the prior promos didn't. Even though our overall cruise fare will be $430 more for the 2 of us, that still saves us $800 over what we would spend buying the UBP (which we would have.)

I'm on the 11 day Panama and when I booked it also didn't include the UBP.

However, I don't think I'm going to rebook.

I'm in a suite so I have:

$200 OBC

UDP (they pay the 18% gratuity)

Pre-Paid gratuities

$75.00 Shore excursion per port.

If I cancelled and rebooked I'd have:

UDP - (I have to pay 18% gratuity)

UBP - (I have to pay 18% gratuity)

$75.00 Shore excursion per port

Free 250 min. Wifi.

As I'll have the CAS drinking card and am not a big drinker anyway, for me, I think I'm better keeping what I have.

Harriet

Same reason they give all four benefits to book suites, I imagine -- to encourage the booking of suites. On a cruise I'm looking at, the price difference between the highest mini-suite and the lowest suite is $2100. So, they get their money one way or another!

On our cruise the difference between an M6 minisuite with big balcony and the cheapest Haven cabin is like $3800 :cool:

To much for me.

I'm on the 11 day Panama and when I booked it also didn't include the UBP.

However, I don't think I'm going to rebook.

I'm in a suite so I have:

$200 OBC

UDP (they pay the 18% gratuity)

Pre-Paid gratuities

$75.00 Shore excursion per port.

If I cancelled and rebooked I'd have:

UDP - (I have to pay 18% gratuity)

UBP - (I have to pay 18% gratuity)

$75.00 Shore excursion per port

Free 250 min. Wifi.

As I'll have the CAS drinking card and am not a big drinker anyway, for me, I think I'm better keeping what I have.

Harriet

Depending on how many days, that free gratuities seems better if you don't drink much. But are you sure you would pay the service on UDP and UBP? It looks like not for suites.

Edit: Oh, sorry, you mean 18 percent gratuity when you order. Sorry.

Edit2: I clearly do not understand gratuities and UBP. I will wait to read more. Sorry.

Edited by Regguy