tie needed

ricruzer

I am going on HAL Amsterdam 7/5 - 7/12. Would a polo shirt & jeans be appropriate for non formal nights or should I be wearing slacks w/ a tucked in polo or dress shirt?

We'll be in the Oosterdam those days....the cruise docs I have don't specifically disallow jeans but says for "Smart Casual can be defined as slacks and collared shirts for men." I think the key word in that is "can" not "is" ;)

DH will probably try jeans at least one night of Smart Casual :rolleyes:

My husband usually wears tan khaki pants and loafers for any evening meal in the main dining room. For formal night's he wears a button down dress shirt and navey blue dress jacket and the other night's he wears a polo shirt. He does carry a tie in his jacket pocket in case he needs it for formal night. I have also seen some men wear a turtle neck shirt and jacket which looked very nice.

I don't understand the hubbub over a tie. Men look so nice wearing ties. I've had men tell me I should wear more dresses. Well, I think men should wear a tie more often. And a tie takes up virtually no space in your luggage. The real issue is dress shoes. Taking an extra pair for me and my husband eats up valuable luggage space.

I don't understand the hubbub over a tie. Men look so nice wearing ties. I've had men tell me I should wear more dresses. Well, I think men should wear a tie more often. And a tie takes up virtually no space in your luggage. The real issue is dress shoes. Taking an extra pair for me and my husband eats up valuable luggage space.

Try wearing one 8-10 hours a day especially on hot humid days for a real treat. There is no pratical reason for wearing a tie in this day and age. Many men wear one as it it required dress for employment. If all of a sudden there was a push to totally get rid of rhem there would be some grat support. They serve no purpose at all.

Try wearing one 8-10 hours a day especially on hot humid days for a real treat.

I imagine that would be tough, but dining rooms are air conditioned. That's OK, I get it - you don't like them. But I'm glad some men still do. :cool:

If you like to wear a tie, wear one.

If you don't, then don't.

No need to argue about it.

But then at least half the posts on message boards would not exist if people did not enjoy arguing about such inconsequential things. :D

Wishing everyone a happy 4th of July, regardless of whether or not you are wearing a tie.

Edited by varoo

And if your shirt fits and the ties is tied properly no more discomfort than a T shirt or any other shirty that comes to the neck.

If you like to wear a tie, wear one.

If you don't, then don't.

No need to argue about it.

But then at least half the posts on message boards would not exist if people did not enjoy arguing about such inconsequential things. :D

Wishing everyone a happy 4th of July, regardless of whether or not you are wearing a tie.

Even if your host asks you to!