Tahiti Experts Needed

heyjude27

We did the cruise this March, had a wonderful time 10 days seemed to short. Mark's tour on Huahine was the best. We also did several Princess bus tours, wish we had done more snorkeling instead. If you intend to snorkel it is best to bring your own equipment.

There is an ovewhelming amount of info on this cruise if you spend the time to search back almost a year on this message board.

wjz

1cruiselvr -

we were on the TP for the 10/30/03 sailing (we met gvre on board!!), and we did not have one single day of rain. sorry to hear that you had so much rain. we had perfect weather the entire 10 days and the pre-cuise-stay as well.

Voyager of the Seas - 05/04

Tahitian Princess - 10/03 (Our Honeymoon)

Carnival Paradise - 08/02

Cruiselvr,

Not sure what islands you were at that where cold and rainy. We were on the Tahitian Princess mid October into early November 2003. We had great weather!! Can't remeber any rain, may be a brief warm shower, but never cold. We'll be back on the TP October 14th, can't wait!

Richard

Norwegian Dream Mediterranean/Holy Lands 10/99

Carnival Holiday Ensenada 1/00

Renaissance R4 Tahiti 10/00

Renaissance R4 Tahiti 4/01

Windspirit Costa Rica 1/02

Windsurf Southern Caribbean 1/03

Tahitian Princess Tahiti 10/03

Dawn Princess Southern Caribbean 4/04

10/14/04 Tahitian Princess Polynesia/Cook Islands

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

12/23/04 Dawn Princess Western Caribbean Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We were there the first 2 weeks of October, 2003. So I guess you can have bad weather one week and good the next. It was so cold the day we went snorkeling, I could barely stay in the water more than 10 minutes. The water was warmer than the air but I still got chilled. But having been there 2 different trips, one in May and the other in October, I would have to say that I preferred May.

Happy Sailing!

Infinity 12/04; HAL Veendam 11/05; HAL Ryndam 12/03; PP 10/03 (b2bs); HAL Noordam 3/03; HAL Veendam 10/02;RSSC Navigator 5/02;HAL Statendam 12/01; Carnival Elation 4/01; NCL Sky 9/00; Ren R4 5/00; Rhapsody of Seas 11/99; Dawn Princess 12/98; RCCL Viking Serenade 7/98; Crown Princess 11/97; 8/94 Carnival Tropicale; '88 Admiral Stardancer

Mar. 4th, 2003 and March 8th, 2004, both times we had great weather! A partly rainy day on Bora Bora both times, but not bad. We spent 18 days this year, with a pre and post cruise stay, and had only one other day that it sprinkled. Wonderful weather! Lucky, maybe!

Nita

Nita,

Thanks. I feel better about the weather. I wish I could decide which islands (Cook vs. Marquesas). Actually, since you did a long pre and post cruise what would you say about back to back cruises vs. the pre and post?

If you do a back to back, then you get to do the Cooks and the Marquesas?

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Gloria,

That is the advantage. The disadvantage is that 3 weeks is a long time to be away so I was asking Nita, who did pre and post cruise Island stays, which alternative she thought would be better. We were really looking for a 14-16 day trip but still haven't decided.

We have done Tahiti 3 times. First time was on land, that was in October. Had some rain, but not too bad. The 2nd time was on the R3, which was in February, we then too had some rain, but didn't ruin anything. Last was on the PG, which was in January. Also had rain, as a matter of fact on the way back from the river excursion on Raitea. We were in a driving downpour. But it made for some memories. The tour operator was sooo upset because they were bringing us all back looking like drowned rats. They were afraid that Radisson would cancel them.

Paradise is always going to have some rain. And we all like it green!!!!!!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1cruiselvr:

We were there the first 2 weeks of October, 2003. So I guess you can have bad weather one week and good the next. It was so cold the day we went snorkeling, I could barely stay in the water more than 10 minutes. The water was warmer than the air but I still got chilled...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We must have been on the same cruise (September 30 through October 10, 2003), but I don't remember any cold days except our disembarkation day when it rained all day in Papeete. Otherwise, it was warm and we had good snorkeling temperatures.

KB9MU

Chamima,

I can't personally compare a back to back with the pre and post cruise stays. But, the folks we cruised with both years that did the back to back this year, didn't really care that much for the Marquesas. Thought it was pretty, but much preferred the Cooks' itinerary, for much more to DO!

I felt I did well with my pre and post cruise stay. But, stayed at budget places, no a/c, which some think they couldn't live without. I wrote a review titled, March 8th TP review and pre and post cruise stays, or some such!!! Click on my name to find my posts, if you haven't read it.

I'm sure if I go back on the TP, I will do the same, a pre and post stay. Probably stay at Moorea Village again, but not on Tahiti, as 3 days there was enough to see everything! I did like Hiti Moana Villa there, and would recommend it, for someone wanting to spend a couple of days on Tahiti. Even with the car rental, Tahiti was a bit cheaper than staying on Moorea. So, I'm glad I did it that way, but no need to again! I hope this helps! Have you seen the different FP message boards? I got a lot of info from them.

Nita

Nita,

Tried to no avail to find your review on the Tahitian Princess and your stay in Moorea. Would you be willing to cut and paste it and send it to judyskis@yahoo.com. We were considering the Moorea Village on Moorea and comparing it to Bali Hai and Hibiscus. Any thoughts? Also, I found one forum on FP. Do you have sites you can recommend? Thank you so much.

J

J,

The find feature didn't work for me, either! I just went back to the time I thought was the last post and bumped it for you. Also bumped the post from New York Lady, on our sailing, as thought there may be something of use on it.

I'll see if I can find the links to the FP boards and post them. Hope this helps! We so enjoyed our 2 cruises on the TP, and also our stay this year.

Nita

WooHoo, they showed up on one line, and clicking on them worked for me! Enjoy the reading! I spent hours going back on some of the boards. So interesting!

I'm now on the lonely planet board, looking at Fiji info. My next exotic destination, I hope!

Nita

Here are links to two of the March 8 Tahitian Princess Reviews (there were a number of good reviews from that cruise):

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=927093444&f=887097554&m=39010666&p=1"]New York Lady2[/url]

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=887097554&m=51110518&r=23810769#23810769"]NitaBCruising[/url]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NitaBcruising:
Okay here goes! I'm a lousy typist, so hope I don't make a typo!I'll check back to see if they work!

Nita<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you punishing yourself with all the typing? Highlight the address (URL) and then right click, then click "copy". Then when you post, click on the blue URL box next to the smile face, then right click, then click on "paste" and save yourself the typing task.

KB9MU

Thanks KB for the lesson -- I didn't know this either. Thanks Nita for the links and the emails and all your info. I have a Word document to which I have pasted an entire travel guide! I'm so looking forward to this itinerary! Cruise critics have been a great help.
J

J, you're quite welcome! I hope you enjoy those other boards, as I have!

And when you read my Moorea Village review, don't let me scare you off! Unless you have a place with a/c, which costs more, you will have bugs and geckos! Just the tropics for you! I happen to think I prefer the location and setting of the MV more than the Beachcomber, where our friends stayed! They had better accomodations, but our area was nicer! More to do, with the village not too far away. JMHO!!!

Nita

Archived