WC Words of Wisdom Please

mysty

Mysty

I would put all the liquids/sprays in the luggage being sent FEDEX double wrapped in ziplock bags.

Never had any problems with insects in Vietnam or Mayalisa only in the South Island of New Zealand sailing up Milford sound. The midges there were massive and must have teeth like a shark.

My better half thinks she has a beacon on her head because of the number bites. I relied on anti-hist cream to take the sting away.

Joe

Hi Joe! Thanks so much for checking in and adding a much-appreciated piece of wisdom! I really like that idea! I think your better half and I have the same beacon. I tend to get bitten even if no one else does. I think my blood might have a high alcohol content. :) Thanks again Joe!

Thanks Keith! I'll check with them to make sure my plans jive with their requirements. I'm not a fan of nasty surprises so I tend to dot every i and cross every t. Doesn't always work but it makes me feel better. :)

Musty FWIW if you don't need it before insect spray with DEET is readily available on OZ. they'll have it in the pharmacy at the rocks although I think you guys are anchored out at White Bay... So any chemist in the city will do..

Woolworths often have it too (supermarket chain)

That will lessen the risk of it leaking

I shipped a box to Spain that we would take on a cruise with us. FedEx never gave me the details on what/what not to include. Spanish Customs would not accept it so it had to be returned, at my expense. We wound up with extra luggage($$) but valuable lesson learned. It was a long time ago, but it obviously still annoys me. Now I read all the fine print on luggage shipping websites!

• 2 weeks later...

29 days and counting until lift off! I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their wonderful words of wisdom expressed so generously here! I have enrolled with MedJet, travel insurance is also in place, bug repellent purchased, currency requirements identified, house sitter hired, and luggage pick up scheduled. Chipping away at the mountain of to do items. Excitement is reaching the stratosphere! Have a wonderful Christmas and sparkling New Year everyone!

And your nagging doubt is right on the money J! :) Myster is currently in his last week of work before the holiday season and our holiday. I will make sure he adds the items you suggested to his electronics. Thanks for thinking of him!

I have a suggestion. If you get the app for the taxi company UBER.

Then all you do when you arrive at the port is activate the app and hopefully a driver appears. To the best of my knowledge UBER is now in 70 cities around the world and it would save having to get local cash as the bill is sent to your credit card.

Only snag I can see is that if you wished to get a driver who knew the history of the city might be a lottery.

Just a thought.

Joe

Hi Joe! Thanks for stopping by and for the excellent suggestion! I'm not sure if cabs are in our future but this would be brilliant if they are! I really appreciate your generosity and support! Have a wonderful Christmas and a bright and sparkling New Year!