Issues with carnival customer service

dyson

What I am telling you, and have told you a couple times now (but for some reason you think I am badgering you). Regardless of what you have been told, YOU WILL BE PLATINUM ON YOUR NEXT CRUISE!!!!!!

You do not have to wait till the cruise after your next one to get platinum status.

If you have 74 sea days......YOU WILL BE PLATINUM ON YOUR NEXT CRUISE.

That is how the system works, if you were at 61 days and your next cruise was a 15 day cruise YOU WOULD BE PLATINUM ON YOUR NEXT CRUISE.

When you are changing colors they give you credit for all of the days on the cruise when you check in.

I am not making up a story, I am not feeding you a line of crap, I am not jerking your chain.

Look around if you don't believe me.

They will not change your status on your VIFP page, but YOU WILL BE PLATINUM ON YOUR NEXT CRUISE.

and what i am telling you is according to CARNIVAL i will not. i will have to wait until i get back and book again. maybe something changed.. who knows..

but according to the supervisor I talked to I will not be..

and what i am telling you is according to CARNIVAL i will not. i will have to wait until i get back and book again. maybe something changed.. who knows..

but according to the supervisor I talked to I will not be..

Forget everyone you have talked to so far, call the 1-800 number from carnival and tell them you have 74 days and ask them if you will be platinum on your next cruise..........or look through the hundreds of threads on here asking the same question.

Or go to the other web source for info and ask there, they will tell you the same thing.

If the people you are talking to told you something different then maybe their lack of knowledge of how their own company does things is what caused the whole issue to begin with.

I did the work for you, Straight from Carnivals website:

Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested?

VIFP Club members will automatically move from one level to the next level based on their VIFP Points, and will receive the benefits of their level on each sailing.

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise).

While guests are automatically eligible for their benefits, some Diamond level benefits must be requested at the time of booking (e.g. one-time benefits).

actually the bug bites started on day one,and Belize was quite a few days later However we thought it may have been detergent or a food allergy or something else.

only after we got home did they confirm what they were .

and I can blame carnival because after they stripped the bedding it stopped again before Belize. so this was a housekeeping issue

so that tells me they didn't do a full clean on the room after the last guest

And as for the new booking we have been on a bunch of cruises, this was the worst so yes when we got home we canceled the booking we did on the ship because nerves were still raw.

but we do enjoy cruising and when they called with the journey's offer we took them up on it it was a great rate and we hoped for better on the next trip. we figured new year most of the staff will have rotated out.

if i have a bad experience in a restrant Im not going to boycott it. I may stay away for a while but I would first left them know.. But if they have the attitude of yea and so what thats different

but the platinum thing took the cake. it was the straw that broke the camels back.

and PLEASE understand its not a matter of they will get back with me I talked to two people one said she would fix it and the other said deal with it.

You have every right to be upset and frankly I"m surprised you were as patient as you were. On my last cruise we were faster to the fun and waited where we were told as well. By the time someone took us down to the tender there were probably 200 people ahead of us. None were platinum or faster to the fun. They really need to fix that system.

As for what you should do now - you should send the post you wrote via mail to the CEO at Carnival. If ever I have a really bad customer service experience - and regardless of what some people say it was a terrible experience - I do this and ALWAYS have my concerns addressed appropriately.

does the ceo have a email or just snail-mail

If you say you might have more cruises than what you have posted, it's easy to see them at the Carnival website. Just log in and go to VIFP. But even so with what you have stated below. But at this conjecture it doesn't matter. Wilgr is right, you will be platinum on the first day of your next cruise.

You can complain to whoever at Carnival. Your wife's rash went away and they took care of it. Next time you take a cruise and do excursions or even no excursions and you want to be off first, just make your way to the head of the line behind others who have the same "perk" as you do.

I don't know what complaining at this point will do. You talk about customer service alot. It's not just Carnival, bad customer service is every where and THEY DO NOT CARE. I just cancelled an order from Amazon. Guess what they did? They shipped it anyway and told me I had to pay the postage going back. Oh, I told them I wasn't paying anything as I have emails stating my cancellation. I'll take it up with Discover card and Discover who gives excellent customer service will take care of it.

Your next cruise is 200+ days away. When you get your final documents printed, your status should say "Platinum." If it doesn't be on the phone right away with customer service to get it taken care of. I give the mushy chocolate strawberries to our cabin steward, and the free gift to some one who didn't get one. It's all good.

You have every right to be upset and frankly I"m surprised you were as patient as you were. On my last cruise we were faster to the fun and waited where we were told as well. By the time someone took us down to the tender there were probably 200 people ahead of us. None were platinum or faster to the fun. They really need to fix that system.

As for what you should do now - you should send the post you wrote via mail to the CEO at Carnival. If ever I have a really bad customer service experience - and regardless of what some people say it was a terrible experience - I do this and ALWAYS have my concerns addressed appropriately.

You are aware that certain Carnival shore excursions are set up so that purchasers will receive preferential boarding on the first tender, in front of loyalty or FTTF passengers. Did you poll all 200 to see if they had Carnival shore excursions or were FTTF or platinum. How did you know they weren't?

Because the people who got off and went to ports and went shopping or wandered off now that's not saying they didn't have excursions for later the most of them went off to another thing I do know the people that were on the excursion that I went to all of them got off the ship before me and none of them were gold or platinum they were joking about it and it was definitely a off Carnival excursion. Two of the group asked me if I knew anything about faster to the thorn they were thinking of getting it next time so all that combined makes me pretty positive they weren't Carnival excursion

Btw..74 .. I have said numerous times I have 1 day to 75.. but because they only change after you get back I would have to wait until i get back for the 1 day to add then I will have 84

Absolutely incorrect. You will be Platinum on your next cruise once you board the ship.

Go to Manage My Cruise, click on cruise docs, & check your luggage tags. It should say PRIORITY. Your other cruise docs will also say PRIORITY.

Because the people who got off and went to ports and went shopping or wandered off now that's not saying they didn't have excursions for later the most of them went off to another thing I do know the people that were on the excursion that I went to all of them got off the ship before me and none of them were gold or platinum they were joking about it and it was definitely a off Carnival excursion. Two of the group asked me if I knew anything about faster to the thorn they were thinking of getting it next time so all that combined makes me pretty positive they weren't Carnival excursion

Another possbility on the red/blue cards getting priority on a tender, is if they went with someone that is Platinum. Platinum are allowed to take 5 more guests with them for priority tender boarding. This means that my SO & I could actually take 10 other people who were not Plat/Dia or FTTF with us.

I think the biggest thing in the end platinum or not that upsets me is the lack of caring by Carnival I sent emails to customer care guest relation and even some media guy the media guy responded Robert something or other and he said he would forward it over even with all of that and requesting a supervisor call back no one has bother to call me back and I realize when I say this I was paying them for a service but it just irritates me to know that I have given them a good $20,000 in my cruise experiences and it I can't even get a call back

I think the biggest thing in the end platinum or not that upsets me is the lack of caring by Carnival I sent emails to customer care guest relation and even some media guy the media guy responded Robert something or other and he said he would forward it over even with all of that and requesting a supervisor call back no one has bother to call me back and I realize when I say this I was paying them for a service but it just irritates me to know that I have given them a good $20,000 in my cruise experiences and it I can't even get a call back

Let's be honest here. You say the lack of concern bothers you, but you are still happy to give them more money and go again. So it doesn't bother you that much after all.

If I had the problems you are claiming and no call back after being told to expect them, I would be done. You can tell me something that does not make me happy and I may just accept it and go on, but don't lie to me.

Absolutely incorrect. You will be Platinum on your next cruise once you board the ship.

Go to Manage My Cruise, click on cruise docs, & check your luggage tags. It should say PRIORITY. Your other cruise docs will also say PRIORITY.

Dyson -- please read this. It is absolutely correct.

long story basically i was a few days from platinum and on my last cruise they had called and offered me a upgrade I took it and when they moved me they somehow canceled my Faster to the fun and lost 100.00 obc. they swore there was nothing they could do.

so they offered to move me to platinum now,as compensation saying because I would be 1 day away when I got back they could just bump me know.because I fell under the old platinum lines.. not exact wording but basically..

OP You will sometimes loose your OBC when you get Upgraded. That is part of deal. Happened to us 2 cruises ago but I turned the upgrade down to keep the OBC.

Edited by deborahjo

thats the thing the 1 day will not add on untill after the cruise..not on the 2nd day

but guys and gals its a bigger issue than one day.. i have a staff that work for me. and when they make a commitment to a customer of my companies i stand up to that commitment. as long as they are not giving away the world.

its a matter of integrity and customer service. if it was the wrong decision i will get with the associate and tell them in the future lets not do that.

but at what point can a company tell a customer something and then not do it for something that really and truly costs them nothing? or next to.

especially after everything that happened in the previous cruise to have the attitude iof ogh well deal with it.

i even called back and asked for a supervisor to call me back and as of the moment nothing.. they did however say it would take up to 72 hours and that ends tomorrow morning.. but again nothing..

at what point do they do the right thing?

I have no idea what you do for a living but let's say you run a realty office. One of your employees makes an error and sells a $1,000,000 home for $1. You're going to stand by that obvious error or are you going to say to the customer "I'm so sorry, my employee made and error and I cannot honor that price"? Yes, I know you said as long as they don't give away the world so the only difference between you and Carnival is that you may have a higher threshold before you say no but you will say no if you need to. Carnival does the same thing.

Hmm, let me see. After the sheets were changed, "the rash went away".

And then after they got back home they went to the doctor and he confirmed that it was bug bites.

If there were bug bites, they would not just go away in a short period of time.

Me thinks there are a lot of things fishy in this whole story.

i apologize i didn't mean went away totally i meant didn't continue to increase. the rash was still thee for almost a week after we got home. but it didn't get worse after they changed teh sheets

Try another cruise line. I am not loyal to any of the lines. We recently sailed Holland America for the first time and had a wonderful experience. I feel that Holland was superior to any of the cruise lines that we have sailed on. We

have been on Carnival, Princes, Norwegian, RCCL and lastly Holland for a total of 10 cruises.

• 4 months later...

Not to drag this thread out of the grave or bring back bad memories, but I am curious about the turn out. Any resolutions as of yet? Hear back from anyone or get your correct platinum status corrected?

Also, I just wanted to note that reading this was absolutely cringeworthy. I cannot understand how people continue asking the same obvious questions over and over again, and thinking you were stupid enough to have cruised with Carnival THAT many times and not understand how VIFP works, even with the thorough explanations of your situation. I don't care about any company strongly enough to defend them that intensely in the face of that many avoidable problems made on their part. Sorry for your horrible experience! Hope the next one makes up for it. :)

The op does not understand how vifp works, or this whole thread would have been avoided because if it is true they have 74 days now, they would know they would be plat on their next cruise no matter what the supervisor said. Actually, I think the op have them confused or misunderstood what they were told.

As someone else posted, they could have looked the info up on the carnival site and would have had it plainly stated.

Why anyone would put themselves in do much grief over something like this is beyond me.

I am very doubtful about most of their story to be honest.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

i apologize i didn't mean went away totally i meant didn't continue to increase. the rash was still thee for almost a week after we got home. but it didn't get worse after they changed teh sheets

Bedbugs do not go away with a change of sheets. The people in the cabin beforehand could have brought them on in their suitcase, from a a hotel or home. The bedbugs actually get into the little seams of the mattress and there has to be some type of fumigation to get rid of them. Do you think when the group of crew went into your cabin that they possibly fumigated the cabin? Of course, no cruiseline is going to want to advertise that they had bedbugs in a cabin but it's inevitable with all the traveling people do. It doesn't take much for someone to transfer bedbugs from home to a hotel to a ship.

I apologize for not updating this.

I will try to address everyone's questions.

YES they were bug bites. our family prac confirmed it but wasn't able to fully confirm it was bed bugs.

the person that said they require fumigation is correct and they are very hard to see with the naked eye.

So I believe carnival looked for larger biting bugs but did not take care of the actual issue.

As for the person who says I don't understand how VIFP works..you can bite me.I have sailed on countless carnival cruises i am aware as i explained numerous times how it works. And by the way carnival agreed with me that I was correct and fixed the issue I am fully platinum.

They offered me a refund for some of my gratuity but I declined it. all the servers weren't bad just a few and i refuse to punish all for a few.

Lastly thank you for there person who agreed how freaking horrible it is to have to justify my opinion and restate the facts over and over in the same topic.

I love carnival don't get me wrong but these people who take it upon themselves to grill someone and try to pass the blame onto the person with the issue to try to protect someone like they are their family member not a huge corporation who cares nothing about them personally can please feel free to leave my questions and topics alone

I apologize for not updating this.

I will try to address everyone's questions.

YES they were bug bites. our family prac confirmed it but wasn't able to fully confirm it was bed bugs.

the person that said they require fumigation is correct and they are very hard to see with the naked eye.

So I believe carnival looked for larger biting bugs but did not take care of the actual issue.

As for the person who says I don't understand how VIFP works..you can bite me.I have sailed on countless carnival cruises i am aware as i explained numerous times how it works. And by the way carnival agreed with me that I was correct and fixed the issue I am fully platinum.

They offered me a refund for some of my gratuity but I declined it. all the servers weren't bad just a few and i refuse to punish all for a few.

Lastly thank you for there person who agreed how freaking horrible it is to have to justify my opinion and restate the facts over and over in the same topic.

I love carnival don't get me wrong but these people who take it upon themselves to grill someone and try to pass the blame onto the person with the issue to try to protect someone like they are their family member not a huge corporation who cares nothing about them personally can please feel free to leave my questions and topics alone

Glad to hear that some of the issues have been resolved to your satisfaction. I hope your next cruise is much more enjoyable.