Seattle Airport to HAL Pier?

supatraveler

This may be a better post for the West Coast Departures thread, but I wasn't sure.

We arrive early Saturday morning at the Seattle airport to board the Westerdam.

What is the best way to get from SeaTac to pier 91? Has anyone had experience calling an Uber from the Airport to Pier 91?

Is it easy for an Uber to navigate through the Pier and drive to the ship terminal? Thanks for the advice, as always!

Don't think the Pier of Seattle is as big as they are in Florida 😉

I think the Pier has only two streets.

We took the HAL Shuttle to the Airport. It was 28$ per Person. A taxi will be 50-60$, so for two people almost the Same.

I am pretty sure it will be the Same price the other way round 😊

Have fun on your Cruise 😀

We just returned and used Aces car service to downtown and from pier 91 to AP.

Had 750 BMW to downtown for 55 bucks and towncar from Pier for 58.

They take credit cards and (from my experience) are very professional and prompt.

A taxi or a Town Car will be about the same price---probably within $5 (I've done both). You can reserve a Town Car in advance. Both a taxi and a Town Car will be able to drop you off at the same place reasonably near the pier door. A bus will drop you a little further away, depending on how many busses arrive at the same time.

There's a road in to the terminal area, then it curves in front of the doors, and heads back down toward out. I have never been able to be let off immediately in front of the doors, but only after the vehicle has passed them somewhat.

There are plenty of porters and HAL people out there assisting.

This may be a better post for the West Coast Departures thread, but I wasn't sure.

We arrive early Saturday morning at the Seattle airport to board the Westerdam.

What is the best way to get from SeaTac to pier 91? Has anyone had experience calling an Uber from the Airport to Pier 91?

Is it easy for an Uber to navigate through the Pier and drive to the ship terminal? Thanks for the advice, as always!

You might be best off taking a shuttle, well, as far as budget is concerned. Uber only offers their UberBLACK, UberSUV and "For Hire" (like a private taxi in any car I believe, AKA uberx, just how they get around Seattle's airport laws i guess) for pickup at SEATAC.

Prices (without any surge, as there isn't one right now...):

UberBLACK: $77-100 UberSUV: $92-119 For Hire: $41-56

So atleast you have the option. I personally don't have experience with the "For Hire" by uber, so i really can't speak on it. I'm assuming the shuttle the other guy mentioned above is probably your best bet if you're not in a time crunch. Good luck.

Thank you for the response! I think I may go with a town car service as we are more time crunched than budget crunched, since we arrive Saturday am.

Chisoxfan--what was your experience with Aces Car Service? Did they meet you at the curb, or how did you coordinate with them? Also, did you reserve your pick up from the Pier to the Airport in advance? How do we decide what time to have them pick us up at the Pier? (I'm not familiar with HAL disembarkation, as I havent cruised on HAL before--thanks!)

Thank you for the response! I think I may go with a town car service as we are more time crunched than budget crunched, since we arrive Saturday am.

Chisoxfan--what was your experience with Aces Car Service? Did they meet you at the curb, or how did you coordinate with them? Also, did you reserve your pick up from the Pier to the Airport in advance? How do we decide what time to have them pick us up at the Pier? (I'm not familiar with HAL disembarkation, as I havent cruised on HAL before--thanks!)

We made reservations on line and received confirmation with a reminder a few days before service was required (no deposit needed). Upon landing we received text message and voice mail from driver who met us at the curb when we had luggage.

On cruise we gave a time for pick up and received a call from driver who was prompt again. We had set 8 30 pick up and did walk off so we waited around 1/2 hour for the car (as we had planned). The pier is super simple and you basically walk out cross the street and there is one waiting area for driver pick up and another area parallel for taxi pick up.

Drivers were very professional and friendly. Cars were clean and well maintained especially the 750L BMW.

Thanks again for the info Chisoxfan!

One question about disembarking--were you assigned a time from the ship to disembark? When I asked a HAL rep, they told me we are assigned a disembarkation time once we are on the ship. If that's the case, how did you coordinate that with the car company in advance?

Thank you!

Thanks again for the info Chisoxfan!

One question about disembarking--were you assigned a time from the ship to disembark? When I asked a HAL rep, they told me we are assigned a disembarkation time once we are on the ship. If that's the case, how did you coordinate that with the car company in advance?

Thank you!

Our flight was at 12. I guessed we would do a walk off around 8 AM and just picked 8:30 as a good 'guess' for limo pick up. The walk off time is 7AM to 7:30 although I am not sure what the ship can do if you elect to stay a little longer.

If you do not do walk off with luggage they will set up a departure time when you are supposed to leave starting at 8 AM. All of the luggage seems to available ie people aren't waiting for their luggage when they get off so I would not worry about additional time to wait for luggage. It really depends on your flight time and if you want luggage waiting for you (left out the night before) or walk off with it. The drive to airport is only around 35 minutes or so.

what time did you get to airport, our cruise states flights after 11, we have a choice of flight at 11 or another one not until 7:30 pm, if we do walk off is that 11am doable

Has anyone used Seattle Express? I read about them on the West Coast departures page. They pick up at the airport and several hotels. You can make reservations for both pre and post cruise transportation. I think I'm going to use them pre-cruise. Not sure about them or cruise line transfers for post cruise.

Has anyone used Seattle Express? I read about them on the West Coast departures page. They pick up at the airport and several hotels. You can make reservations for both pre and post cruise transportation. I think I'm going to use them pre-cruise. Not sure about them or cruise line transfers for post cruise.

I used Seattle Express. I don't know if they pick up from the airport. On their website they service several hotels. There is a list of the hotels that they service on the Seattle express website.

They picked us up at the hotel took and took us to the pier. After our cruise the shuttle is waiting outside the terminal to take you to the airport or one of the hotels on the list.

You need to make the reservation ahead of time. The cost is $12.00 per person each way (that is what the cost was in May of 2014).

I would definately use then again.

I used Seattle Express. I don't know if they pick up from the airport. On their website they service several hotels. There is a list of the hotels that they service on the Seattle express website.

They picked us up at the hotel took and took us to the pier. After our cruise the shuttle is waiting outside the terminal to take you to the airport or one of the hotels on the list.

You need to make the reservation ahead of time. The cost is $12.00 per person each way (that is what the cost was in May of 2014).

I would definately use then again.

Thank you. You may be correct that they don't pick up at the airport. I'm staying at an airport hotel and I chose one that's on their list. I'm taking the free airport shuttle to the hotel and then I plan to have Seattle Express take me to the cruise terminal. I am happy to hear that you had good luck with using them to take you from the ship to the airport. Thanks.

I've used Already There Town Car Service before in Seattle and had good luck with them. Although, the last time was almost 4 years ago. Definitely make a reservation in advance with them. For an airport pickup, you tell them when your flight is scheduled to arrive, and then when you are in baggage claim with all your luggage, you tell them what exit door you are near and they drive to the curb at that spot to pick you up. I paid via credit card.

I did not try using them from the pier to the airport.

I also tried Seattle Express on a different trip. It worked OK, and was cheaper, but felt cheaper as well. The ride from the hotel to the pier was fine, although on a crowded bus, and there was an intermediate stop or two for me. The way back, it was strait from the pier to the airport in a van, but I had to wait for the van to fill up before we left. The parking spot for Seattle Express buses and vans, at least at the time, was the longest walk away from the terminal of all the ground transportation options. The pier area isn't nearly as big as SeaTac, but it was an unexpected surprise. Going to the pier I had to make a reservation, but I don't think I needed one to get back to the airport (although having one could help). Had to pay in cash with no reservation.

There did seem to be a long line of taxis waiting for a fare at the pier when I disembarked, so that seemed to be an option as well.

what time did you get to airport, our cruise states flights after 11, we have a choice of flight at 11 or another one not until 7:30 pm, if we do walk off is that 11am doable

IF the ship arrives on time, IF the ship is cleared in a timely fashion, and IF you do self-disembark, then you PROBABLY can make an 11:00 AM flight.

However, those are too many "IF"s for my taste, and I would be in a panic.

Those security lines at SeaTac can be long, and seem to take forever. Since you're supposed to check in at the airport two hours prior to flight, it's close to try to make that 11:00 AM.

We have used AlreadyThereTownCar limo service for about 10 years. To get from the pier to hotels, to get from the airport to hotels, to get from the hotel to piers, etc.

Excellent service.

I've also used them and liked them very much.

We have successfully used AJ TOWNCAR SERVICE at (206) 697-5577 (ask for AJ). He is always prompt and has a nice black towncar that seats 4 comfortably for about $45 from airport to Pier 91 or $20 plus tip from downtown hotels to Pier 91(or van for larger group-more money) . Really like him. You can reserve, with no money down. Give him a try and you will be happy you did ;) Tell him Charlene says helloooooo

Lyft and regular Uber cars can pick up from the light rail station next to SeaTac as this is officially off the airport grounds. I am very wary of Uber's surge pricing as it can go over 10x!!!! Lyft only goes to 2x and I like the way the drivers and passengers rate each other. Yes, there is such a thing as undesirable passengers.

We tried "Driver for Hire" (a private service, not to be confused with the Uber service) per someone's recommendation, and the service was awful. The pickup went poorly as they made little effort to describe their car to us and they were very late. We were promised a Luxury Town Car, but were actually picked in the old family Toyota and the driver (wife) was recovering from cold with a box on Kleenex at the ready. Finally, I got a lot of attitude about not paying extra because we were being driven to a relative's house in an expensive area. Hey, that is why we wanted to arrive in a Lincoln Town Car!!!!

We used Lyft from the house to the port and it was great. Newer car, quick pickup and a very friendly driver (from Iraq!). Lots of interesting conversation. We should have used Lyft from the airport. I highly recommend Lyft.

igraf

You might be best off taking a shuttle, well, as far as budget is concerned. Uber only offers their UberBLACK, UberSUV and "For Hire" (like a private taxi in any car I believe, AKA uberx, just how they get around Seattle's airport laws i guess) for pickup at SEATAC.

Prices (without any surge, as there isn't one right now...):

UberBLACK: $77-100 UberSUV: $92-119 For Hire: $41-56

So atleast you have the option. I personally don't have experience with the "For Hire" by uber, so i really can't speak on it. I'm assuming the shuttle the other guy mentioned above is probably your best bet if you're not in a time crunch. Good luck.

Edited by igraf

I believe so. BTW, it is an easy walk to the light rail station. One is essentially crossing an airport parking structure on a well-marked and covered walkway.

igraf

Thanks for the insight! We only use Uber (personal preference), but if we want to talk an Uber Black car, they can pick up directly at the SeaTac airport, right?

We just got off of the Statendam on Monday at Seattle Pier 91. We used Shuttle Express.

It was $40 for two people roundtrip. We did the self assist off of the ship (we carried our own luggage) we were able to get off at 7:30 AM and we were headed to the airport by 8:00 With shuttle express from both the airport and pier 91 even if you give them a time, you are not scheduled in the cue until you show up at their desk. So if you get off the ship later the people who got off earlier than you who use shuttle express they will be transported prior to you. Your stated time is an advisory not a trip time.