Breeze to Splendor

july2012

I too have been effected by the Breeze/Splendor trade and obviously I am not very happy about it. How many of you feel like you are getting the run around? I have not received my new cabin assignment yet and am being told it might be next week before I get it. Does anyone else see a problem with this and the 10 day deadline that the letter gives you to make changes? Are they trying to mess people over by not giving us enough time to make a decision?

Frustrated beyond belief!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I've been getting the run around as well. Been on and off with my PVP and other carnival reps. I was going to move my reservation to another ship, and now told I can't yet. Plus they told me that Id have to pay more in deposit because I was on a reduced deposit promotion. I was also told that even though the letter states $50 OBC per person, that it will be capped at $100 per room.... I think I get a different response every time I call.

We were affected by the change as well. We were scheduled for May 7th on the Breeze to Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk and DR. I talked with Carnival on the phone and got a confirmation email that the price will not be changing for our sailing at all. They're just offering a $50 OBC.

We'll be switching our reservation to the Carnival Fascination on May 1st going to St Maarten, St Kitts, St Thomas, St Lucia and Barbados, going out of Puerto Rico. It will end up saving us about $700 total, even though flying to Puerto Rico is more expensive.

We're extremely disappointed, as we were looking forward to the Breeze and were even going to be staying in Spa rooms, but I guess saving money and being able to visit what we consider better ports isn't so bad.

We had 2 Ocean Suites booked on the Breeze for Aug 27, 2016. They were side by side because my husband & I were in one and my daughter, SIL, and their 2 sons were in the other.

I just checked online, they have switched my daughter and her family to a Grand Suite because the Splendor doesn't have Ocean Suites that will accommodate 4 people. They put my husband and myself in an Ocean Suite 6 cabins away! Not acceptable. We won't sail unless our cabins can be side by side and we can open the balcony dividers. It's easier to have access to each other's cabins that way because of our grandkids.

So, I called my TA who called Carnival. The Splendor has only ONE 4 person Grand Suite with an Ocean Suite beside it and they were able to switch both our cabins to those. Thank goodness!

I was told that the sailings on the ships involved with the switch are currently closed to the public. They are only dealing with getting the passengers that were already booked on those 2 ships switched. Because of that, the prices are being "protected". Meaning right now, everyone is showing the same prices as they had before the switch.

They anticipate opening up bookings to the public on Monday. Once that happens, they will know what the new pricing is for the Splendor and you can make any necessary price adjustments then. They do anticipate the Splendor to be cheaper than the Breeze.

I hope so or else we may be cancelling and moving to another cruise. We do NOT want to pay Breeze prices for the older, smaller, no 2.0 Splendor.

I was supposed to be on the Breeze Oct 2016. Neither I or my TA have received an email about the change yet. Go to my booking on Carnival and it shows that we are now on the Splendor. My question is when does my "10 days" start to be able to switch and get the OBC? When the ships changed or when they notify me?

I'm still waiting for the TA to get me the information, it is frustrating and I have no clue what I want to do because I can't see the sailings and their prices. I don't think we can stay of the Splendor. We had a 4J at the front of Lido and all those cabins are only for 2 people. We are on 9 in complete inside room.

So PVP said " I cannot book the Magic for June 2016 yet, maybe this weekend.

We can only travel in June due to work & kids sports obligations.

Magic out of Orlando will be our 1st option

Breeze out of Galvaston will be our 2nd option.

I hope we also get OBC when we change ships.

I have not even checked to see if our rooms on Splendor are close together cause we have no plans on staying on Splendor.

If we did not have the teenagers going, if only adults we would stay on Splendor for the ports and just pray for lots of price drops.

IF the price was a large enough difference,,,,for the Splendor,,,hmmm I might think about it,,,but then the kids might not enjoy the ship as much.

So PVP said " I cannot book the Magic for June 2016 yet, maybe this weekend.

We can only travel in June due to work & kids sports obligations.

Magic out of Orlando will be our 1st option

Breeze out of Galvaston will be our 2nd option.

I hope we also get OBC when we change ships.

I have not even checked to see if our rooms on Splendor are close together cause we have no plans on staying on Splendor.

If we did not have the teenagers going, if only adults we would stay on Splendor for the ports and just pray for lots of price drops.

IF the price was a large enough difference,,,,for the Splendor,,,hmmm I might think about it,,,but then the kids might not enjoy the ship as much.

We did - and you should!

We booked this cruise for the ship and the itinerary, we had a mid-ship spa cabin, those do not exist on the Splendor and i don't like being forward it makes me seasick seriously considering moving ships. This is an expensive cruise and the only reason it was worth it was because of the new ship not some Costa castoff that has zero upgrades.

We went from a midship inside on the Lido deck to a forward interior with a window on Empress deck. Any opinions on these 4J cabins? No word yet on pricing but if there's not a substantial price drop, it's time to move to a new ship.

If I got a better cabin assignment that would be one thing but I got a worse one. The TA said there were no cabins available on the Magic (not that the Magic had not released cabins for sale yet)?? You think everyone would be versed in what is going on. Valor is still a possibility for us, I think it will be better than Splendor if the drydock goes through with all the speculated plans.

If I got a better cabin assignment that would be one thing but I got a worse one. The TA said there were no cabins available on the Magic (not that the Magic had not released cabins for sale yet)?? You think everyone would be versed in what is going on. Valor is still a possibility for us, I think it will be better than Splendor if the drydock goes through with all the speculated plans.

While it was nice of them to upgrade me, I prefer an ocean view room. We have 3 young children, and feel much more comfortable with a room without balconies. Regardless, we are most likely switching out of the Splendor...

Luckily the only Carnival cruise I have booked is the Glory from San Juan to Miami in February 2016. This latest example of Carnivals great planning and high regard for their customers doesn’t impact me.:rolleyes:

However, for anyone considering traveling to Texas just to cruise on the Breeze after she moves to Texas next year; or any other ship for that matter, you may want to check out “Texas Tax Declaration: The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC)” in Carnival’s FAQ section. I highly recommend reading this item if you have not sailed from a Texas port since February 2014, especially if you are looking to bring back any alcohol or tobacco products. I encountered this when I sailed the Triumph in October 2014. It may save some of you a problem when you get off the ship in the State of Taxes after the cruise.

The easiest way to find it is to go to the bottom of Carnival’s homepage and click on ‘Carnival FAQs’ under ‘CUSTOMER SERVICE’. Then click on ‘Debarkation - After Your Cruise’ (bottom right in ‘BROWSE BY CATEGORY’ section) and scroll down till you find it. The last time I looked, it was the last item in the list of subjects.

Like they say, It’s better to know before you go.:) The tribute Texas extracts isn’t all that great but; It applies to everyone not just Texas residents and there are limits on what you can have.:eek: They were set up between CBP and the exit to the building in October. Personally, I flatly refuse to consider sailing from a Texas port anymore; because their actions tell me I am nothing more than a “cash cow” to Texas.:mad:

We had 2 Ocean Suites booked on the Breeze for Aug 27, 2016. They were side by side because my husband & I were in one and my daughter, SIL, and their 2 sons were in the other.

I just checked online, they have switched my daughter and her family to a Grand Suite because the Splendor doesn't have Ocean Suites that will accommodate 4 people. They put my husband and myself in an Ocean Suite 6 cabins away! Not acceptable. We won't sail unless our cabins can be side by side and we can open the balcony dividers. It's easier to have access to each other's cabins that way because of our grandkids.

So, I called my TA who called Carnival. The Splendor has only ONE 4 person Grand Suite with an Ocean Suite beside it and they were able to switch both our cabins to those. Thank goodness!

I was told that the sailings on the ships involved with the switch are currently closed to the public. They are only dealing with getting the passengers that were already booked on those 2 ships switched. Because of that, the prices are being "protected". Meaning right now, everyone is showing the same prices as they had before the switch.

They anticipate opening up bookings to the public on Monday. Once that happens, they will know what the new pricing is for the Splendor and you can make any necessary price adjustments then. They do anticipate the Splendor to be cheaper than the Breeze.

I hope so or else we may be cancelling and moving to another cruise. We do NOT want to pay Breeze prices for the older, smaller, no 2.0 Splendor.

Well, I am irked because I had 2 cabins across the hall from each other for me, DH and our 3 kids (boys in one and girls in the other) on the Valor. They gave us the boys' inside cabin on the 6th deck and the girls aft balcony on the 9th deck on the Magic. I called, 3 times now, to get the inside moved near the balcony and have been told all 3 times that my bookings are frozen and they can't make any changes. Then I hear about others getting their cabins switched or switching to other ships. And we were not offered $50 OBC. Any other Valor to Magic folks get offered OBC? I won't be difficult, Carnival, just move the inside up to deck 9 aft and I'll fade into the wind. But they keep telling me 'in a few days...next week'...and :mad:. I am not particularly pleased with deck 9 (under Lido pool) but it's the only deck with 3 pax aft extended balconies...only 2 of those cabins on the entire ship. So, I'll accept that but we want our other cabin on the same deck. My SIL was going to book the aft extended balcony, for her family of 3, right next to ours on the Valor so that we could open the balcony divider and now that's not possible (the other 3 pax aft extended is several cabins away). I am griping on every thread about this switch...sorry to be such a grump!

Edited by laumicmah

I am in tears over this...I had my wedding cruise booked on the Breeze for May 7th, 2016. It was perfect! I had a deluxe ocean view room, this was so important to me as our two young children are sailing with us and we could use the extra space for not only my wedding dress but all our and the kids stuff. The breeze was perfect, I do not like the look of the splendor at all, we are getting married on embarkation day and none of the areas of the splendor look good enough for me to use for my ceremony...it's just not my cup of tea. Plus, I have already put down a deposit for my hair and make up and have tons of family and friends booked! I knew this was a possibly, things happen, but I took comfort knowing okay, the BreeZe is not relocating till December, thinking that would mean less of a chance for something to happen. Now a week before we cruise they decided move the ship? Ugh, and they are trying to sell me a regular ocean view room for the same price! I'm stuck...we could change the date of our wedding to the 8th and do the breeze in Texas...but then we are not getting the itinerary we like, I'm going to have to settle no matter what and in my opinion, a bride should not have to settle on her big day...please advice would help so much!!! What do I do?

I am in tears over this...I had my wedding cruise booked on the Breeze for May 7th, 2016. It was perfect! I had a deluxe ocean view room, this was so important to me as our two young children are sailing with us and we could use the extra space for not only my wedding dress but all our and the kids stuff. The breeze was perfect, I do not like the look of the splendor at all, we are getting married on embarkation day and none of the areas of the splendor look good enough for me to use for my ceremony...it's just not my cup of tea. Plus, I have already put down a deposit for my hair and make up and have tons of family and friends booked! I knew this was a possibly, things happen, but I took comfort knowing okay, the BreeZe is not relocating till December, thinking that would mean less of a chance for something to happen. Now a week before we cruise they decided move the ship? Ugh, and they are trying to sell me a regular ocean view room for the same price! I'm stuck...we could change the date of our wedding to the 8th and do the breeze in Texas...but then we are not getting the itinerary we like, I'm going to have to settle no matter what and in my opinion, a bride should not have to settle on her big day...please advice would help so much!!! What do I do?

I am so sorry that you have to deal with this!! I had not stopped to think about those who had things like weddings planned.

Extremely frustrating - I'm sure. *fingers crossed* I hope you can get things resolved to your satisfaction!

Edited by happy cruzin

I read that a full refund will be provided if you choose to cancel completely. If I booked the ES rate (that is normally only a future cruise credit if cancelled), do you know if they will actually refund $ deposit to credit card? I don't want a future cruise credit.:p

I read that a full refund will be provided if you choose to cancel completely. If I booked the ES rate (that is normally only a future cruise credit if cancelled), do you know if they will actually refund $ deposit to credit card? I don't want a future cruise credit.:p

I'm in a slightly different situation, but you can maybe get some idea of what they'll do.

I was on the Breeze for the now defunct 12 day repo cruise, Nov 27, 2016. That cruise was canceled outright, no alternative ship offered. In my letter they said the deposit would be credited to the "original form of payment". Maybe your voluntary cancellation will be treated the same.

I rebooked on the Breeze for the same dates. Now it's a 7-day so I booked 2 weeks, an eastern and a western Caribbean. :D

Now I get to argue with them that this is NOT an existing cruise when I demand my $50 pp OBC. I booked it the day I got my cancelation email. Those 2 weeks were not held back because the passengers (me, for one) for that cruise were canceled, not switched around. The ship was wide open and I got my favorite cabin.

Edited by Hawaiifrank

I called CCL and they said I am eligible to get a cash (back to original FOP) like you said..however I must call back next WEEK because they haven't finished re-accommodating everyone and they can't process any refunds until then.

Glad to hear I can just get a refund though.

I don't think I will ever book the ES rate where you can't cancel and get a refund or change dates without penalty EVEN when you are out of penalty!

Good luck with your situation too -- these boards may help give you some tips in dealing with the red tape!

We have decided to stay on the Splendor, with so many things already planned for our Wedding, it just makes more sense to us. I called to confirm that our Wedding package was switched and my Carnival Wedding coordinator told me that the Splendor will be dry docked in March 2016 and getting some 2.0 upgrades, hopefully this is true!

Headed to visit with my Travel agent later today to figure out cabin assignments, I don't want to downgrade from a deluxe ocean view room to a regular one, hoping they can at least upgrade us to a spa room or a balcony for the same cost!

Is anyone else actually planning to stick it out with the Splendor, I feel like I am the only one lol.

We have decided to stay on the Splendor, with so many things already planned for our Wedding, it just makes more sense to us. I called to confirm that our Wedding package was switched and my Carnival Wedding coordinator told me that the Splendor will be dry docked in March 2016 and getting some 2.0 upgrades, hopefully this is true!

Headed to visit with my Travel agent later today to figure out cabin assignments, I don't want to downgrade from a deluxe ocean view room to a regular one, hoping they can at least upgrade us to a spa room or a balcony for the same cost!

Is anyone else actually planning to stick it out with the Splendor, I feel like I am the only one lol.

I'm not staying on the Splendor, but I had 2 connecting deluxe ocean view rooms on the Breeze. They gave me 2 side by side Spa Balcony's instead on the Splendor. I'm giving those up this morning and switching to the Valor, so hopefully you can snag those Spa Balcony rooms!

I think we are going to stick with the Splendor too. Hopefully it will get some 2.0 upgrades by the time we cruise. Congratulations on your wedding.