How formal can one get on LOS?

Hi all,

Hubby and I will be sailing the LOS in September to Bermuda. I've never worn a gown on formal night before, but just bought one I really like for a wedding next month. I'd love to wear it again on formal night but wonder if those days of real formal wear have passed. I don't want to be the only one....do any women still wear gowns to formal night or should I just leave it home?

Kathy

My DW and I will be going on LOS at the end of July. I will be wearing a Tux and my wife will be wearing Formal wear on every formal night.

I bought it for our wedding, I have worn it a dozen times since then and I will wear it every chance I get until I grow out of it. :) Which will probably be sooner rather than later, LOL

My husband and I wear "true" formal wear (gown & tux) on every formal night every cruise. We are never the most over dressed. This is your cruise - dress up, get great pictures, you won't regret it - I promise [emoji6]

The way I see it, you own a beautiful dress, it should be worn. To heck with what others are wearing or think.

My husband has packed his tux for every cruise we've taken, and I pack a gown (usually wear a short fancy cocktail dress for formal night #2). I love the formal night aspect of cruising and wouldn't miss the chance to dress up.

I still remember as a kid hearing my grandmother talk about the cruise she took, when there were a LOT more formal nights and she had packed 5 gowns. Every time my DH and I dress up on a cruise, I toast my grandma and know she's looking down at me and smiling.

Hi all,

Hubby and I will be sailing the LOS in September to Bermuda. I've never worn a gown on formal night before, but just bought one I really like for a wedding next month. I'd love to wear it again on formal night but wonder if those days of real formal wear have passed. I don't want to be the only one....do any women still wear gowns to formal night or should I just leave it home?

Kathy

I dress less formally than others for myself. I see lots of people going all out. If it makes you happy, it certainly won't bother anyone else.

Seeing others all dressed up is wonderful. I myself have gotten away from the long gowns and dresses, but do wear black slacks with a real fancy top. Much of this comes from having to fly from California and keeping the weight down in our luggage. For us Formal nights make the cruise more special to us as we are casual 24/7 at home so it is nice to dress up 2 to 3 times during the cruise.