The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

Thanks for all your insight. Read like a labor of love! Did I miss any Zip line postings! Were you able to watch from your view? When is the best times to sign up?

I totally missed out on taking pictures of the zipline! I cannot believe I did that. Yes, you can see the zipline from our balcony, but only from behind (so you don't capture the terrified looks on people's faces :D.

It was surprisingly slow the whole week at the zipline, so it does not seem to be as popular as I thought it would be. The best is to try it fairly early in the week - in case it is closed due to wind or gets crowded with people procrastinating toward the end.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for a great review and for sending the cruise compass.

I did not see any mention of the Chef's Table on the compass. Is this offered every night? Do you know the cost?

Thanks again.

Marilyn

Thanks for a great review and for sending the cruise compass.

I did not see any mention of the Chef's Table on the compass. Is this offered every night? Do you know the cost?

Thanks again.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn, I did not pay attention to that. Hopefully someone else can help here... Or, maybe ask Klstaack at his review. I don't know if he participated, but they did more paid options that we did. Here is a link to his review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2222382

Another way would be to ask at our roll call if anyone participated:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1990145

Thanks for taking the time to post the information on the Adventure Ocean and teen activities - seems like there is very little information regarding those programs here on CC, and with 6 kids in our crew from 3-15, it was nice to be able to print out and share that info with the kids!

Enjoy! I think you will be okay on loungers... your best bet, from our experience, is the sports pool. On port days it should not be a problem at all.:)

We had front row beach pool every day. Got there around 8AM. Deck attendants are real good about preventing chair saving. It's always been our favorite pool in the fleet

1435632436297.jpg.6739acfd440aaf0a42d1edb8a714ac82.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this- what a great review! We are going on board on August 22 and I have been researching for a year now but you still had lots of tips that I actually hadn't seen yet and I thought I had read them all! Thank you

There are many computers available for internet. They may be a bit hard to find because they were not clearly marked on the deck plans. Here is an effort to indicate the little room on deck 9.

Follow the signs to the interior corridor on deck 9 (there is a similar room on deck 7):

I am pretty sure there were more locations with computers, but these are the two I ran into while exploring the ship.

Is there a charge to get on the internet (for emails or fb messages....) if you want to take the time to find these little hidden computer rooms...........?

Awesome Review. Short, sweet and to the point. I've only done a couple carnival cruises and was just starting to look into going on the Harmony of the Seas - Western Caribbean cruise. The information in your review was very helpful :-)

Is there a charge to get on the internet (for emails or fb messages....) if you want to take the time to find these little hidden computer rooms...........?

Yes, there is a charge, and it's not inexpensive. The only free sites are Royal Caribbean sites.

Were you by any chance the 2 balcony rooms that had flags hanging the first night? We were across the way from you on deck 9.

Hi, tmac! Yes, we had the flags up during sailaway, then took them down while at sea. The plan was to put them up while in port also, since we figured that would be safe. Once docked in Labadee, we put them up again... not 5 minutes later there was a knock on the door asking us to take them down due to the fire hazard. I really did not think it would be an issue in port, but I guess it was. We had them taped with painters tape, so they were pretty secure - more secure than the clothing I saw on hangers on the balconies... Oh, well. It did not take away from our cruise enjoyment. We just wanted to have them in port so that family from home could see us on the webcam. :)

Awesome Review. Short, sweet and to the point. I've only done a couple carnival cruises and was just starting to look into going on the Harmony of the Seas - Western Caribbean cruise. The information in your review was very helpful :-)

Thanks Jacky! I hope you can make it to Harmony! We like Carnival, but Royal is our favorite for our current "age and stage" in life. :D In the meantime, we are considering Magic from Port Canaveral next year due to the excellent price and itinerary... It is nice to have the BIG ships coming to PC!

Thanks for the review. I will be on the Oasis for the first sailing out of PC next year. I will be in one of the newer suites on deck 11 overlooking the Aqua Theater.

Great to see that you had a great time

Thanks for the review APDMOM. I sent an email for the Compasses. Thanks for that as well.

I have only been able to read a small portion of your review but it's sooooo goooooood!!!!! I have subscribed so I will be back....

Hi, Ms. Lillie! I just sent the e-mail for the Compass. Enjoy your cruise... it is so close! :)

Hi, Ms. Lillie! I just sent the e-mail for the Compass. Enjoy your cruise... it is so close! :)

Hey APDMOM-

A few questions for you:

1) What level in C&A are you? We are Diamond, and wonder how easy it is to get the 'free' drinks that will be on our seapass each day? ( This may influence my decision on getting the drink package)

2) We are travelling with a couple of RCCL newbies that are relatives, and wondering if they will be able to join us as we enter the port waiting area before boarding (in fact, my oldest daughters have dropped in the C&A level since they are over 18 now, but my 16 yo son is Diamond with us.

3) Can you email me the cruise compasses as well? How do I get my email to you?

Thanks

David:D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Hey APDMOM-

A few questions for you:

1) What level in C&A are you? We are Diamond, and wonder how easy it is to get the 'free' drinks that will be on our seapass each day? ( This may influence my decision on getting the drink package) We are only Platinum, so I cannot help here. Hopefully someone else will chime in. Or, ask at some of the recent roll calls.

2) We are travelling with a couple of RCCL newbies that are relatives, and wondering if they will be able to join us as we enter the port waiting area before boarding (in fact, my oldest daughters have dropped in the C&A level since they are over 18 now, but my 16 yo son is Diamond with us. My parents were gold. We showed the lady at embarkation and asked if we had to wait with them since we wanted to stay together. She said, no, they could come with us. That was GREAT, since the gold area had about 300 people already waiting, while platinum and emerald together had only about 30. Embarkation was super easy since we got to the waiting area just in time. They started boarding within 5 minutes after we arrived there.

3) Can you email me the cruise compasses as well? How do I get my email to you?

Thanks

David:D

Hi, David! See the answers above... You can e-mail me at APDMOM@live.com to get the Compass. I will send more out tomorrow morning. :)

Thank you for the in depth review. I just got off the Allure and you taught me a few things I didn't even know :) Thanks!

...Always a good excuse to book another cruise on this class ship. :D

With that, another review bites the dust. Sniff-sniff... let me book a cruise!

A final view from our balcony: Sunrise over Fort Lauderdale on the last morning:

DSCN1822_zpsnwlqelrm.jpeg

It has been fun! Farewell from the Family of the Seas... until November!

DSCN1402_zps22rmg2rj.jpeg

Great job on the cruise review. We are so looking forward to our family cruise in October. Thanks so much!