The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

My View: Sea days

DSCN1298_zpslytpyqre.jpeg

Okay, I admit... it was not always that pretty. We did have stormy weather too!

On to the Belly Flop Competition... This was probably the most fun I have had with this event. The contestants were the BEST and the view from the balcony was incredible.

DSCN1304_zpss30tcnum.jpeg

DSCN1306_zpsxd78qfa3.jpeg

This one was the winner in my book... It does not get any better or more enthusiastic than tearing your shirt off:

DSCN1311_zpsit8x0utq.jpeg

DSCN1319_zpsxbkchiiw.jpeg

DSCN1327_zpsmrjjyphg.jpeg

I forgot to post about two events:

The Headliner: Earl Turner

He was very entertaining, but definitely not the best Royal has to offer. I think if you were born in the 40's to 60's you would really appreciate him a lot. I enjoyed his show, but would not have missed out too much if I had skipped it.

DSCN0711_zpsrpltus4q.jpeg

His "rapper" impersonation was quite funny:

DSCN0730_zpszhzeq9iv.jpeg

Of course, our own Ricky Matthews had a few tricks up his sleeve too. The hotel director, Martin, said Ricky is on a diet of Duracell batteries. :D

DSCN0705_zpsgaarjzhr.jpeg

DSCN0707_zpst0gczftf.jpeg

The Glow Party

I decided just to see what it is about. The party was dominated by children and teens, who seemed to have a great time

TIP: Buy some glow sticks on Amazon or at the Dollar store before the cruise. They are sold on the ship, but we brought our own. I did not check, but logic says it will be cheaper to buy on land.

DSCN0761_zpsxnelvtf1.jpeg

DSCN0756_zpsn5lx4vga.jpeg

DSCN0747_zpsh1sdccye.jpeg

Captain's Corner:

This is an event we always enjoy. You get a lot of information. I must say, the one on Freedom was excellent, as the information the captain and hotel director shared regarding the Freedom Dry dock changes was spot on. So, I trust the information I get at the captain's corner.

The question everyone always asks, "Will they leave someone behind?" The answer is, A resounding "Yes". It costs too much to delay the ship - including port fees and fuel. So, they have an ambassador on land that will help stranded passengers. Don't be late for the ship

On that note: TIP: If you have an iDevice or tablet with the unlimited wifi on Oasis, be very careful! The time automatically adjusted to port time on the iPad, and we could have missed the ship if we had disembarked for a day. We even overheard a couple arguing with a waiter at the Windjammer that they should be open, "because it is 2:30..." it was 3:30 ship time.

Captain Per sharing stories about Oasis and passenger overboard/jailed events (okay, not that dramatic, but he did answer questions about the passenger overboard and the jail on the ship):

DSCN1296_zpszmsqfpgi.jpeg

Ship stats we received at the Captain's Corner (Yes, the geek in me has to share numbers):

OAS%20Ship_zpsavj6njav.jpeg

OAS%20Ship%201_zpsrytssxfi.jpeg

We have made the Oasis our destination, too, since we've visited these islands more than once and no longer care to do the same old excursions. Dh usually golfs once or twice in the ports and I stay on the ship. The Oasis and Allure are great destinations and it's fairly quiet on board when the ship is in port. It's a good time to enjoy the pool and other amenities.

Thank you both you and ADPMOM. This takes away my guilt. As soon as the excursions start taking reservations (a while from now), I should have a better idea of what we are doing. I like the idea of going the flow a bit more and not waking up early to meet deadlines, staying off the boat for most of the day, and coming back, hurrying to shower for dinner.... Good problems to have though, right?:)

Thank you both you and ADPMOM. This takes away my guilt. As soon as the excursions start taking reservations (a while from now), I should have a better idea of what we are doing. I like the idea of going the flow a bit more and not waking up early to meet deadlines, staying off the boat for most of the day, and coming back, hurrying to shower for dinner.... Good problems to have though, right?:)

You can definitely give yourself permission to just have a vacation! You may find that you like this laid back way of cruising much more than the excursion rush. I sure do. :)

Enjoying following along, I agree with your assessment of the roast beef sandwich, two bites was enough for me. When I was on the ship the Headliner Show was soooo bad that half the audience departed within the first 15 minutes, and I was one of them.

Just a few more... Ricky Matthews, Cruise Director!

Let me insert here, that Ricky is one of my new favorite Cruise Directors. He has so many faces and talents :D Here he is demonstrating his ice skating 'talent'. He is hilarious!

DSCN1709_zpswbjoplxx.jpeg

DSCN1714_zpswf9rzgg3.jpeg

DSCN1724_zpsjjd2dy3l.jpeg

He is an amazing CD and human being, I never pick a cruise based on what cruse director will be in but I hope he joins my future cruise

Still reading through your review but it is great. We had 12729 in December on Oasis. We love the ocean balconies but this was a nice change for just one time. Our kids loved hanging out on the balcony and watching the aqua show.

I forgot to post about two events:

The Headliner: Earl Turner

He was very entertaining, but definitely not the best Royal has to offer. I think if you were born in the 40's to 60's you would really appreciate him a lot. I enjoyed his show, but would not have missed out too much if I had skipped it.

DSCN0711_zpsrpltus4q.jpeg

His "rapper" impersonation was quite funny:

DSCN0730_zpszhzeq9iv.jpeg

Of course, our own Ricky Matthews had a few tricks up his sleeve too. The hotel director, Martin, said Ricky is on a diet of Duracell batteries. :D

DSCN0705_zpsgaarjzhr.jpeg

DSCN0707_zpst0gczftf.jpeg

Thanks for your review. The review and pictures are fantastic!I was on this same cruise with you and agree with all you have posted, except Earl Turner. I think his show is great, but then......I am in the born in the 40's to 60's crowd[emoji6] I am sailing on

Harmony with some friends who have never been on an Oasis class ship. They are enjoying your review to see what's in store for them. Thsnks[emoji572]️

It is time to call it a day, and I am a bit ahead of schedule! I will start posting the Compass tomorrow.

You know it by now: "Happy cruise dreams!" :)

Great review so far. Looking forward for the compass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your review. The review and pictures are fantastic!I was on this same cruise with you and agree with all you have posted, except Earl Turner. I think his show is great, but then......I am in the born in the 40's to 60's crowd[emoji6] I am sailing on

Harmony with some friends who have never been on an Oasis class ship. They are enjoying your review to see what's in store for them. Thsnks[emoji572]️

You are welcome! I should say, my parents loved Earl Turner too...

He is an amazing CD and human being, I never pick a cruise based on what cruse director will be in but I hope he joins my future cruise

I couldn't agree more. A CD never makes or breaks my cruise, but Ricky is awesome and he definitely made this experience even more memorable. :)

The Compass is here!

Thanks for all the compliments and for your patience while I scanned the Compass.

TIPS:

1. If you would like a copy of the Compass e-mailed to you, just ask at APDMOM@live.com

2. During embarkation, you will get some 'WOW" cards. Be sure to fill those out for employees who go above and beyond. You will need your C&A number, so bring it along. Also, write down the employee's first and last name

Some Boarding Papers

OAS%20Boarding%201_zpsncquipkt.jpeg

OAS%20Boarding%202_zpsgkgzqcis.jpeg

You can pick this list of the staff members up at Guest Services. You don't have to stand in line - they are on a shelf close to the entrance:

OAS%20Staff_zpscdbnwokc.jpeg

OAS%20Staff%201_zpsccvbyovt.jpeg

Also at Guest Services, you can find this Cruise Planner. It can be personalized to help you never forget an event:

OAS%20Planner_zps5vocjrov.jpeg

OAS%20Planner%201_zpsoumnigq8.jpeg

OAS%20Planner%202_zpsphmracs8.jpeg

OAS%20Planner%203_zps1gorxjbf.jpeg

A list of Platinum and Youth C&A benefits/coupons:

OAS%20CampA%201_zps2hwc6hc2.jpeg

OAS%20CampA_zpsc65vqd1e.jpeg

By the way: This is the Western Caribbean Compass.

TIP: If you don't want to wait until staterooms are ready to see the full Cruise Compass for day one, you can get one from the shelf at Guest Services.

Day One:

OAS%20Day%201.1_zpsfcsi61lj.jpeg

OAS%20Day%201.2_zps984a1odh.jpeg

OAS%20Day%201.3_zpsswb9kzla.jpeg

OAS%20Day%201.4_zpsuphlelve.jpeg