The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

Just wondering where all the people are?

Is the Solarium (for breakfast) over 16?

Did you post a link for the Daily Compass or do you know where any are?

Thanks!

Kids can eat in the Solarium Cafe.

Just wondering where all the people are?

Is the Solarium (for breakfast) over 16?

Did you post a link for the Daily Compass or do you know where any are?

Thanks!

Hi Donna! I usually take the pictures early in the morning (between 5 and 7 a.m.) while the ship is very quiet. I have always been an early riser and can't shake the habit on cruises. :D

I will post the cruise compass toward the weekend. I will work on events for the next two days. Hopefully, the Compass will be up on Friday... that is my goal.

Thanks to all who are following along, and for all the compliments. I will be back tomorrow with events and shows... maybe a few personal experiences.

As always, Happy cruise dreams!

APDMom wrote:

We love mini golf and are disappointed to hear Harmony will not have it. I am very curious to see what they do on Harmony in this area...

A similar comment was posted in a thread "Everything about Harmony of the Seas", and someone responded: "Just take a look at the deck plans, mini golf is still there and is called Harmony Dunes"

Had same cabin on Allure and agree with everything you said about it...fortunately, we had the secret balcony right outside our door. Sniff sniff, will miss that as we plan to do Oasis and try for the Ocean View across the hall, we liked being back there.:D

Sorry to "hijack" this very nice picture and tips review thread...

Was the "secret balcony" also removed during the recent Allure Drydock?

Sorry to "hijack" this very nice picture and tips review thread...

Was the "secret balcony" also removed during the recent Allure Drydock?

Yes, the aft balconies are now suites.

Izumi

I may have to break my "no specialty restaurants" rule again next time to enjoy the Hibachi. We did not eat here, but got some pictures one day when the door stood open:

DSCN1144_zps0qjcvkpv.jpeg

DSCN1145_zpsfuzdwszi.jpeg

DSCN1146_zpss5elel1p.jpeg

DSCN1148_zpsykfvb2nv.jpeg

DSCN1149_zpssaisaclg.jpeg

DSCN1151_zpsq4oqlvkw.jpeg

Are hibachi table prices on Izumi the same for lunch and dinner?

Hi Donna! I usually take the pictures early in the morning (between 5 and 7 a.m.) while the ship is very quiet. I have always been an early riser and can't shake the habit on cruises. :D

I will post the cruise compass toward the weekend. I will work on events for the next two days. Hopefully, the Compass will be up on Friday... that is my goal.

Thanks!

Thanks for the posts and the pictures. Never too many pictures!

How does the dining work? We're leaving on Oasis on July 4th and have 6:00 dining. Will we be assigned to the same dining room every night, or will we be going to different dining rooms on different nights? If only one, would you recommend one over the others?

How does the dining work? We're leaving on Oasis on July 4th and have 6:00 dining. Will we be assigned to the same dining room every night, or will we be going to different dining rooms on different nights? If only one, would you recommend one over the others?

Yes, you will be at the same table with the same wait staff and table mates every night.

Thank you for taking the time to post all your beautiful pictures and tips! Having sailed the Oasis, it's such a pleasure to relive it thru your pictures. We are going on the Allure in November and we are looking forward to seeing if there are any differences between the two ships.

APDMom wrote:

We love mini golf and are disappointed to hear Harmony will not have it. I am very curious to see what they do on Harmony in this area...

A similar comment was posted in a thread "Everything about Harmony of the Seas", and someone responded: "Just take a look at the deck plans, mini golf is still there and is called Harmony Dunes"

Thanks for the input. I did not even look at the deck plans - just took the info given on Oasis. :) I am sure only time will tell if the employee told the truth. It would not be unlike RCI to make last minute updates to the deck plans, but we also know that not all the info from employees can be trusted :D I personally hope the dunes will be there, but we will see. The info came from a staff member, which is typically more reliable than a crew member's rumor.

Are hibachi table prices on Izumi the same for lunch and dinner?

I am sorry that I don't know the answer, but maybe Klstaack can help. He is writing a review about the same week and I am pretty sure he ate there. You can ask him in this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2222382

As Bob said, you will get assigned a certain dining table and area. I am not sure that you can request the specific dining room. We enjoyed Grande. It was much more quiet than previous experiences in the MDR. I think that American Icon was mainly used for MTD on our cruise, since that is where the lines were for those with reservations and without. Silk seemed to be pretty quiet too, so you may be able to request that in your e-mail to the dining coordinator. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks again to all who are reading along! Today, I will focus on events we attended.

My personal verdict on CATS!

Let me just say that I expected to dislike Cats and I found a seat by the isle where I would not disrupt, should I leave. Surprisingly, I loved the show and stayed to the very end. It reminded me that, like food, entertainment is very subjective. The music was excellent, the singers were very good. There was only one singer whose voice I did not like. Macavity was my absolute favorite cat! If you want to talk your sons into watching, tell them there are some pirate cats...LOL!

The stage:

DSCN9924_zps9yghfle4.jpeg

The cast:

DSCN9941_zpsernrxldw.jpeg

DSCN0011_zpscqacjvxz.jpeg

The pirates:

DSCN0060_zps4gs6kitp.jpeg

DSCN9989_zps2wf1vjme.jpeg

DSCN9953_zpsqxhfztuu.jpeg

Oasis of Dreams:

It was definitely a treat to see the diving show from two angles - once from our balcony and once from the Aqua Theater. I will try to post similar pictures that give perspective of our views.

First scene:

DSCN9667_zpsznmgytn4.jpeg

DSCN0338_zpswgbm6lva.jpeg

The frogs:

DSCN9704_zpsmjtwjdwq.jpeg

DSCN0424_zpsjrjyev2q.jpeg

DSCN0427_zps6nqq8j27.jpeg