The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

Another tip I got here... Take your boarding picture!

If you plan on getting your pictures taken by the photographers on the ship, be sure to get your boarding day picture taken. They scan your room key in order to match the facial recognition with your room number/group. If you do this, you can look at your pictures at the kiosk in the photo shop.

Here is our happy family boarding:

Oasis%201_zps8rzlxz58.jpeg

Speaking of pictures... I am fresh out of tips, but I am sure more will come to me as I scan the Compass and go through our daily routines. I will try to highlight future tips in red or bold, but for now, I will just share 'too many' pictures of the ship.

Adventure Ocean and other Kid areas: Most of these had to be taken through a window when they were closed, since you are not allowed to enter the areas.

DSCN9613_zps5jyf9pq7.jpeg

DSCN9608_zpsgonshwer.jpeg

DSCN9609_zpslrbrllm9.jpeg

DSCN1802_zpsovinly2p.jpeg

DSCN1799_zpsjjc1kikk.jpeg

DSCN1801_zpsw7ixhpbb.jpeg

The little kids' area:

DSCN9604_zpsfopkcem4.jpeg

DSCN9605_zpspqjrhpsi.jpeg

Adventure Ocean Theater: (They had some special movie times for families, as well as toned down movie experiences for children with autism)

DSCN9607_zpsjhtswefh.jpeg

DSCN9606_zps6pdhfdtv.jpeg

Teen area: This is by the Wipeout Cafe and mini-golf area. No adults are allowed in the area.

DSCN9849_zpsn6ljld6i.jpeg

DSCN9850_zpsalkzfqhy.jpeg

More Boardwalk

TIP: We ate breakfast at Johnny Rockets 3 times. I LOVED their breakfast sandwich on white toast...

DSCN0626_zpsyrlqbbcf.jpeg

DSCN1238_zpslfqzqpw0.jpeg

DSCN1237_zpssevfesuu.jpeg

The Dog House had a variety of brats...

DSCN0768_zpsug6pssdj.jpeg

DSCN0487_zpsgf3j4fmt.jpeg

DSCN0629_zpslldk0cpm.jpeg

Speaking of Sabor...

DSCN0496_zps6h4hzq7i.jpeg

We broke our rule of "No Specialty Restaurants" this cruise. We decided to try the $20 sampler on the Sabor menu. DH, our 10 yr old and I shared the meal and we all had abundance to eat (because I was taught not to use the words 'stuffed'...). We especially liked the soft tacos, espresso desert, guacamole and chicken. So, the $20 sampler easily feeds 2, and probably 3 people. You are allowed to share.

Here is what we ordered (Oh, Man! I forgot to take a picture of the short ribs and the dessert sampler... will have to go again!):

DSCN0842_zps1ht2ruai.jpeg

DSCN0839_zpsf3npvm7g.jpeg

DSCN0845_zpsbmlnosfx.jpeg

DSCN0843_zpsttcg8cod.jpeg

DSCN0847_zpsk8egax8b.jpeg

On that note, it is time to sign off for tonight. I hope to complete all the ship pictures tomorrow so that I can get into the activities by Wednesday... then I will scan the Compass for those who are interested. :)

Happy Cruise Dreams!

This is the best review I have read. I board the Oasis on Saturday, and this is so helpful. Can I ask... Did you use the jogging track? Is it easy to access? I'm more of a speed walker, so I am hoping there is plenty of room for me and the hard core runners. [emoji5]️

Speaking of Sabor...

DSCN0847_zpsk8egax8b.jpeg

If anyone followed my recent Freedom review and my first time at Sabor there, this was the bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeno chicken appitizer I mentioned. One of my food highlights for that trip.

This is the best review I have read. I board the Oasis on Saturday, and this is so helpful. Can I ask... Did you use the jogging track? Is it easy to access? I'm more of a speed walker, so I am hoping there is plenty of room for me and the hard core runners. [emoji5]️

Just stay to the right, look before passing! You can get to it several places on deck 5, or go into the gym and down the steps.

Love the review

Thanks for the compliments! BTSEN5, enjoy your cruise! It is definitely a unique experience awaiting you. The jogging track was often very quiet and I walked in the slow/walking lane without any problems. :)

If anyone followed my recent Freedom review and my first time at Sabor there, this was the bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeno chicken appitizer I mentioned. One of my food highlights for that trip.

Hi, BillOh! Feel free to use the picture in your review, if you want to post it there. I will definitely visit Sabor on Freedom in November if they have the same sampler deal on the menu. I look forward to seeing all the changes to that ship.

Subscribed! Our very first cruise was on Oasis in 2012 and we will be sailing her again in about three weeks. So excited! Thanks for all the great tips!:)

Thank you for following along! Enjoy your final countdown until your adventure :)

I have a few minutes to post. Since we just finished the Boardwalk, I will post the info for the Welcome Back Party, which was in the Aqua Theater:

Welcome Back Party

The Welcome Back party was scheduled only 30 minutes after our CC Meet and Mingle. We therefore opted to skip the M&M since I do not like to feel rushed on a cruise - it is a vacation, after all. Well, the rain set in, so the Welcome Back party was re-scheduled. It is therefore important to check your e-mail on the TV screen if you do not want to miss these events. That was the only way we knew about the re-scheduled event. It was very poorly attended, which causes me to believe that others did not see the message on their TV e-mail...

Here is the original card we received in our stateroom the first day:

CampA_zpsb8q5znte.jpg

Captain Per Kristoffersen and our Hotel Director, Martin Rissley, joined Ricky Matthews (Cruise Director) to welcome us back with some free drinks (Mostly Sparkling wine, Mimosas and some kind of Rum punch). We were also entertained with some water ballet:

DSCN0790_zpsxzbdgthg.jpeg

DSCN0798_zpszi16rgth.jpeg

DSCN0809_zpsrchngpg9.jpeg

DSCN0777_zpsltfcafef.jpeg

DSCN0784_zpsvxphel3s.jpeg

Hi, BillOh! Feel free to use the picture in your review, if you want to post it there. I will definitely visit Sabor on Freedom in November if they have the same sampler deal on the menu. I look forward to seeing all the changes to that ship.

I'll be sure to watch for your Freedom review, even if to just relive that ship as it is one of my favorites.

Was this the Eastern or Western route? I'm hoping to find some recent Eastern Cruise Compasses before our November cruise.

Hi Sherri! Unfortunately, this was the Western route. I thought I saw an Eastern Compass float through recently, but may be mistaken. Most of the sea day activities should be similar though. Enjoy your cruise!

I am back and finally have a block of time to try to post all the ship pictures (okay, not ALL of them because nobody wants to see that many!).

I will try to mark the tips in bold red for those who skim the reviews.

Let's start with Dining Rooms...

American Icon (Deck 3)/Grande (Deck 4)/Silk (Deck 5):

Our cruise did not have Dynamic Dining yet, so we e-mailed dining services about 3 weeks before the cruise. About a week before the cruise (5/29/2015), we got an e-mail that stated our request had been forwarded to the ship. The next day, we got a confirmation that we have a table for 5, including the table number. We ate in Grande (Deck 4) and had excellent wait staff. So, until dynamic dining sets in, you can e-mail requests for table size/location, etc. at rcldining@rccl.com

Pictures of American Icon:

DSCN1137_zpszxkn3kpl.jpeg

They set up a line for reservations and no reservations:

DSCN1136_zpsrczmu3ok.jpeg

DSCN1143_zpsongcqtgu.jpeg

DSCN1142_zpshwgamoy6.jpeg

DSCN1141_zps1euyf42y.jpeg

DSCN1140_zpsm2nnjwmj.jpeg

Each restaurant has a waiting area. Here is the one for American Icon Grill:

DSCN1138_zpshg6gm9ep.jpeg

Grande

DSCN0554_zpsnd0hmrct.jpeg

DSCN1771_zps8hxogyyz.jpeg

DSCN1769_zpsaocs9nxh.jpeg

DSCN1759_zpscqgy0ygt.jpeg

Our Table: (With our cheap wine from Trader Joe's - it is all part of the cruise budget... I will share that last for anyone who is interested)

DSCN1757_zpsqudogs8h.jpeg