Sunshine review. 6/14-6/19

scooby girl

Hello all. My husband and I went on the sunshine for our 30th anniversary. LOVED the ship. We flew into Orlando the day before, rented a car at the airport ($16.95) and stayed at the residence inn at the port. Nice hotel very nice people. We dropped the car off the night before & car rental place brought us right to the hotel. We signed up for the shuttle to the cruise terminal. The morning of cruise the shuttle company sent a small shuttle, it was completely full. We waited for the next shuttle, no sign of it. We decided to call a taxi, they came right away. We purchased faster to the fun, best $50 spent. Checked in at terminal, waited about 20 min & were on the ship by 11:30.

We went right to the excursion desk, picked cabana #11 for half moon cay. Went to our cabin. ( deck 8 balcony) and right to guys burgers. Loved that place. Ate a burger almost ever day. Everyone on these boards told me about the Havana bar area. Loved this area of the ship. Was never crowded. Beautiful view. Really good Cuban food at lunch. Also ate there for the pasta bar & wok Station ( free at lunch) the buffet is ok. Some food very good, some just ok. The pizza station & deli were very very good. We didn't do any specialty dining, so I can it comment on that. We had anytime dining, only had to wait 20 minutes on formal night. Every other night no wait at all. We usually went to the dining room around 7:30 . Dining room food was overall pretty good. Prime rib excellent, Indian vegetarian excellent. My husband had fish 2 nights, way over cooked & dry. But plenty of other options to choose from. I really thought this ship had a great selection of places to eat.

Serenity deck was awesome! Loved this area. And there were always chairs to be found somewhere on this ship. Maybe not right in front of the pool or serenity, but other decks. On our only sea day, the ship seemed a little crowded , but not any more so than any other ship. We had a great time, loved loved loved the ship & staff I would definitely sail the sunshine again. Never made it to the comedy club. But went to watch karioke, used the water slides ( which were awesome) and saw Styx concert Any questions, I would be happy to answer Sail the sunshine!! You will love it

Ports of call: half moon cay, loved this island. Would have stayed there all week. Rented a cabana, took first tender over. Best $229 spent. Floated around all day. Had a few drinks at the pirate bar and ate the barbecue lunch

Nassau- Got a day pass at the Hilton $120. ($80 credit for food & drinks) stayed most of the day. Very relaxing. Walked to the tiki/bikini shack for a few drinks.

Freeport- shopped around the little shops at the terminal. Went back on ship early & used the water slides all day. ( no one there)

Loved the sunshine!!

Hello all. My husband and I went on the sunshine for our 30th anniversary. LOVED the ship. We flew into Orlando the day before, rented a car at the airport ($16.95) and stayed at the residence inn at the port. Nice hotel very nice people. We dropped the car off the night before & car rental place brought us right to the hotel. We signed up for the shuttle to the cruise terminal. The morning of cruise the shuttle company sent a small shuttle, it was completely full. We waited for the next shuttle, no sign of it. We decided to call a taxi, they came right away. We purchased faster to the fun, best $50 spent. Checked in at terminal, waited about 20 min & were on the ship by 11:30.

We went right to the excursion desk, picked cabana #11 for half moon cay. Went to our cabin. ( deck 8 balcony) and right to guys burgers. Loved that place. Ate a burger almost ever day. Everyone on these boards told me about the Havana bar area. Loved this area of the ship. Was never crowded. Beautiful view. Really good Cuban food at lunch. Also ate there for the pasta bar & wok Station ( free at lunch) the buffet is ok. Some food very good, some just ok. The pizza station & deli were very very good. We didn't do any specialty dining, so I can it comment on that. We had anytime dining, only had to wait 20 minutes on formal night. Every other night no wait at all. We usually went to the dining room around 7:30 . Dining room food was overall pretty good. Prime rib excellent, Indian vegetarian excellent. My husband had fish 2 nights, way over cooked & dry. But plenty of other options to choose from. I really thought this ship had a great selection of places to eat.

Serenity deck was awesome! Loved this area. And there were always chairs to be found somewhere on this ship. Maybe not right in front of the pool or serenity, but other decks. On our only sea day, the ship seemed a little crowded , but not any more so than any other ship. We had a great time, loved loved loved the ship & staff I would definitely sail the sunshine again. Never made it to the comedy club. But went to watch karioke, used the water slides ( which were awesome) and saw Styx concert Any questions, I would be happy to answer Sail the sunshine!! You will love it

Thanks for the review!!! We'll be back onboard the Sunshine in 37 days!!!

Thanks for the review! My husband and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary on the July 5 sailing on sunshine! I can't wait! We missed the cabanas. Did you happen to notice if there were any available still when you picked your cabana? I've heard they sometimes have one or two even though it says "sold out." Thanks again! :)

Thanks for the review! My husband and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary on the July 5 sailing on sunshine! I can't wait! We missed the cabanas. Did you happen to notice if there were any available still when you picked your cabana? I've heard they sometimes have one or two even though it says "sold out." Thanks again! :)

Just FYI about cabana rentals at Half Moon Cay, if you can get on the ship quickly (either platinum or FTTF) you might have a chance at getting a cabana. They were sold out on our June cruise, but as soon as I got on board went straight to the shore excursion line and asked and there was 1 available. I was shocked and we actually got to pick it right then, #8 was a perfect location, near the restrooms. So it never hurts to check when you get onboard. Good Luck! It is truly the best money spent for the value of what you receive.

We're on the Sunshine this Saturday for an 8-day Southern Caribbean cruise, 9th floor balcony, so I'm very happy to hear a positive review. I'm taking a lot of grief from our party of 16 for paying for FTTF. I'm glad you got your $s worth. When we boarded the Breeze last June in Miami I also had FTTF and the rest of our group boarded right behind us, so it wasn't a win there, but I think we still got our $s worth by avoiding lines at the service desk and disembarking faster. Thank you for posting, just what I needed to read today!

We were on this same cruise. Had a great time! Beach at HMC was awesome. Your post basically sums up our cruise as well. Had FTTF, went to shore excursions, picked cabanna 8, dropped off our stuff in the room (lido balcony), then grabbed a Guy's burger for lunch. Also enjoyed the Styx concert.