Question Regarding Drink Plan Special ending in August

Hi all! Our cruise is not until November and I saw this in the cruise planner:

"For a limited time only, join us in celebrating summertime with Coca Cola. When you buy an Ultimate Beverage Package, you will receive a complimentary Royal Refreshment package and an additional Coca Cola souvenir cup to share with a friend. * Guests will also receive a complimentary bottle of limited edition American Summer Domaine Chandon."

Just curious if we go ahead and book / pay now will we receive this deal on our cruise in November? Started to call when I noticed it, but I think it is too late in the evening now. Will call in the AM and ask, but just hopeful some here already knew the answer as this would be perfect for us. :)

I'm not sure but my guess is you just have to book it before the deadline (which also means you'll pay for it at that time). When this deal came out a lot of us misread the deal and thought they were offering a free Royal replenish, which would have been an ok deal. But really they're just offering the free soda package, which is hardly worth anything. If you were already planning to buy an ultimate package then it might be worth it, but if you're like most people who buy a package and would normally get the premium instead of the ultimate, then the cost of the upgrade is more than just buying the soda package out of pocket. Something to think about in case you thought they were offering the $22/day package for free.

Hi all! Our cruise is not until November and I saw this in the cruise planner:

"For a limited time only, join us in celebrating summertime with Coca Cola. When you buy an Ultimate Beverage Package, you will receive a complimentary Royal Refreshment package and an additional Coca Cola souvenir cup to share with a friend. * Guests will also receive a complimentary bottle of limited edition American Summer Domaine Chandon."

Just curious if we go ahead and book / pay now will we receive this deal on our cruise in November? Started to call when I noticed it, but I think it is too late in the evening now. Will call in the AM and ask, but just hopeful some here already knew the answer as this would be perfect for us. :)

The cruise has to happen before August 31, 2015, in order to qualify for the special.

The cruise has to happen before August 31, 2015, in order to qualify for the special.

Awww darn. Well, kind of an aww drat all around, as it does say "an additional Coca Cola souvenir cup to share with a friend" which sure sounded like this would mean I can have all the alcoholic drinks, the special coffee drinks, and my spouse could have all the sodas he wants. He's planning to just buy whatever alcoholic he wants a la carte because it won't amount to more than 3 drinks for the entire cruise. I like my morning coffee, lunch with a fancy coffee, afternoon cocktail, wine with dinner, and an occasional splurge on a drink after dinner.

We have booked this Package for our April 2016 18-night cruise to Asia as the cost was VERY reasonable.

I don't think that's the case. Read the fine print, but there have been plenty of folks who have booked this for cruises AFTER 8/31/15 and gotten this special.

But I agree, I don't think it's worth it (unless you were already on planning on purchasing an Ultimate package AND you know someone who would benefit from the free soda package).

This deal is an absolute mess on the RCI end.

Best advice is to call in and try to order it and see what happens.

When it was first published it was for the REPLENISH not the REFRESH and was advertised as had to be purchased between June 15th and August 31st.

About noon on the 15th after a lot of people had called in and ordered they indicated it was a "mistake" and it was supposed to be the REFRESH and had to be used between June 15th and August 31st, the date question seems ambiguous to me on the new ad still though.

For those of us that had already ordered it for dates in the future they are saying they will still honor it (as the REFRESH not the REPLENISH) not sure what happens if you try and order it now though in terms of whether they will cut you off on the date or not.

Personally if the deal still sounds attractive to you, I would call in and ask, worst they can do is say no.

Edited by jticarruthers

• 1 month later...
This deal is an absolute mess on the RCI end.

Best advice is to call in and try to order it and see what happens.

When it was first published it was for the REPLENISH not the REFRESH and was advertised as had to be purchased between June 15th and August 31st.

About noon on the 15th after a lot of people had called in and ordered they indicated it was a "mistake" and it was supposed to be the REFRESH and had to be used between June 15th and August 31st, the date question seems ambiguous to me on the new ad still though.

For those of us that had already ordered it for dates in the future they are saying they will still honor it (as the REFRESH not the REPLENISH) not sure what happens if you try and order it now though in terms of whether they will cut you off on the date or not.

Personally if the deal still sounds attractive to you, I would call in and ask, worst they can do is say no.

Thanks I did call and ask. They said it was only for cruises prior to August 31st. Apparently some folks who bought before they changed it got confirmation emails on the replenish with varying reports as to whether it was honored. Mostly those who had printed it and brought a copy to show the guest services seemed to get it honored. They are saying the confirmation now says the other and also that it ends on the 31st of August.