Prohibited items question

mugwood

Hello,

This is a question on behalf of the ladies.

I understand Clothes irons are not allowed, but are hair straighteners / Irons permitted in cabins?

Memory isn't what it used to be.:(

It appears you are safe with your hair iron!

Here is the list of prohibited items from Celebrity!

For the safety of our guests and crew there are certain items that are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas

Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors*

Illegal Drugs & Substances

Candles & Incense

Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Electrical Extension Cords, & Hot Plates

Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows

Skateboards & Surfboards

Martial Arts Gear

Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray and night sticks

Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks

HAM Radios

Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint

Alcoholic Beverages**

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

**Two bottles wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.

Thank goodness my GHD's are not forbidden!! [emoji3] Out of curiosity though. I have been doing lots of research on here for our upcoming cruise on Connie and have gone out and bought an extension lead with usb and surge protection. Am I likely to get this confiscated? I thought many on here recommended taking them?

Thank goodness my GHD's are not forbidden!! [emoji3] Out of curiosity though. I have been doing lots of research on here for our upcoming cruise on Connie and have gone out and bought an extension lead with usb and surge protection. Am I likely to get this confiscated? I thought many on here recommended taking them?

Pack it in your checked luggage, not a carry on.

I'm not sure if they differentiate between power bar, which you seem to have, and an extension cord, but I've always brought a power bar along, normally in my carry-on. It always sits on the desk in open view, with various devices plugged in, and I've never had any problems.

I'm not sure if they differentiate between power bar, which you seem to have, and an extension cord, but I've always brought a power bar along, normally in my carry-on. It always sits on the desk in open view, with various devices plugged in, and I've never had any problems.

You may very well have it confiscated. This is apparently one of those things where Celebrity makes rules and then enforcement is consistently inconsistent.

I've mentioned this before but the prohibited list used to have hand grenades on it. No further comment needed on that.

You may very well have it confiscated. This is apparently one of those things where Celebrity makes rules and then enforcement is consistently inconsistent.

I've mentioned this before but the prohibited list used to have hand grenades on it. No further comment needed on that.

I suspect that the prohibition on extension cords was introduced many years before the average traveller needed to power up laptops, e-readers, tablets, cell phones, camera battery chargers and the like. Faced with the electronic age, they may have a tendency now to look the other way.